Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

View Poll Results: Re-elect Bush?
Yes, he has done a great job.., nobody liked Saddam anyways.. 16 44.44%
NO please!!, A president should at least look smart.. 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2004   #21
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

neomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart god
Re: Re-elect Bush ?

Quote:
Originally Said by Bleed Black
I would love to see proof that we have taken their oil and used it for ourselves.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE ORIGINAL OPERATION NAME WAS? OPERATION IRAQI LIBERATION. MAKE AN ACRONYMN OUT OF THAT

Idiot. I already said he wasnt a good public speaker. Enstein wasnt, but was he stupid? Of course not!

YOU DIDDN'T READ THE SITE, DID YOU? HOW MANY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE SAY "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once -- shame on -- shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again." OR PERHAPS "And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the -- nation, whatever you wanna call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years -- 4,000 hours over the next -- of the rest of your life -- of service to America. That's what I asked. I said 2 -- 4,000 hours."

ANOTHER QUOTE "My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific."
KINDA FORGOT ABOUT THAT LITTLE WAR DURING THE FORTIES, DIDDN'T HE?

Trying? What are you talking about.

YOU SAID "Al Gore still woldnt have tried to capture Osama, and we would have had several more 9-11's." WHICH MEANS BY TRYING (AND FAILING) TO CAPTURE BIN LADEN, BUSH HAS PREVENTED OTHER TERRORIST ATTACKS. WHICH IS BULLSHIT.

Retaliations to what.

SUPPORTING STATE TERRORISM AGAINST PALESTINE? POSTING AMERICAN SOLDIERS IN SAUDI ARABIA?

Bush stole the office. Right. Sure.

ABSOLUTELY. HOW DO YOU WIN A MAJORITY WITH -5000 VOTES? OUT OF 2 CANDIDATES? IF THE AMERICAN SYSTEM SAYS THAT'S OKAY, THEN IT'S SCREWED.

Even thought the supreme law of our land says otherwise, im going to listen to the evolved canuck. Those 'nutcases' have hated Americans through democratic and rebulican administartions alike.

TIME FOR SOME PARANOIA. NOBODY HATES AMERICANS. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH AMERICANS, IN FACT, MOST OF THEM WOULD AGREE WITH ME.

Thats your opinion, not mine. I dont care about canada.

THERE'S THE AMERICAN ARROGANCE AGAIN

They have no impact world wide,

EXCEPT HAVING CREATED NATO, VIRTUALLY WINNING THE FIRST WORLD WAR, MAKING UP 10% OF THE WORLD'S PEACEKEEPERS, TRAINING THE CONGOLESE ARMY, BEING THE THIRD BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO LIKE IN, PROVIDING MEDICATIONS TO AFRICA, AND SO ON AND SO ON.

except for the NHL.

WE HAVE WHAT, 5 HOCKEY TEAMS? AS OPPOSED TO LIKE 2 AMERICAN ONES FOR EACH STATE.

Dude, thats not a good thing. Thats extremists. Much like the extremists that attacked America on 9-11.

THOSE ARE RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS. LEFT WING EXTREMISTS ARE WHAT YOU CALL HIPPIES. THEY DON'T FLY PLANES INTO BUILDINGS, THEY STAND IN FRONT OF LOGGING TRUCKS.

Neo, please keep out of a thread where you have no place. You will not be voting for a president in America, so your opinion is meaningless, and you obviously misinformed.

MY OPINION IS SHARED BY THE MAJORITY OF AMERICAN VOTERS. AS THEY SHOWED LAST ELECTION. AND, AS A CITIZEN OF THE WORLD, IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO DO WHAT I CAN TO ENSURE THE PEACE OF THE WORLD. THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION IS CURRENTLY THE BIGGEST THREAT TO WORLD PEACE

Would you rather have a president that helps 12 year olds, or a president that focuses on the costly war going on at that same time.

I'D TAKE THE FIRST ONE. HE PROBABLY WOULDN'T GO TO WAR, ESPECIALLY WITH FICTIONAL JUSTIFICATION AND WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE REST OF THE WORLD.
neomp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004   #22
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

"YOU SAID "Al Gore still woldnt have tried to capture Osama, and we would have had several more 9-11's." WHICH MEANS BY TRYING (AND FAILING) TO CAPTURE BIN LADEN, BUSH HAS PREVENTED OTHER TERRORIST ATTACKS. WHICH IS BULLSHIT."

If America had gone on a rampage in the 90s after the first time the terrorists tried to bomb the WTC, maybe they wouldn't have tried the second time. Besides, Bin Laden isn't important. His small army of terrorists and his network of training camps were more significant than the man himself; those two particular things are mostly smoking ruins in Afghanistan now.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE ORIGINAL OPERATION NAME WAS? OPERATION IRAQI LIBERATION. MAKE AN ACRONYMN OUT OF THAT"

There's a movie called A Beautiful Mind that you should probably watch.

"EXCEPT HAVING CREATED NATO, VIRTUALLY WINNING THE FIRST WORLD WAR, MAKING UP 10% OF THE WORLD'S PEACEKEEPERS, TRAINING THE CONGOLESE ARMY, BEING THE THIRD BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO LIKE[sic] IN, PROVIDING MEDICATIONS TO AFRICA, AND SO ON AND SO ON."

NATO was created by the Canadians? Funny. I thought it was kind of a cooperative effort... After all, one country won't get very far making treaties with itself.

Virtually winning the first world war? Do tell. Did a tiny force of ultra-elite Canadian commandos destroy a critical German manufacturing plant that would have produced enough Vengeance 3 rockets to utterly destroy the allies? Well, I've never heard that particular bit of history. Oh, right. It was a secret mission. Of course I've never heard of it.

10% of the world's peacekeepers? Third-best country to live in? Don't go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back there. Also keep in mind that peacekeeping efforts of the modern era have been largely unsuccessful.

And, of course, the world is grateful for the training your proud country provided to the Congolese. They went ahead and spent four years killing each other, but they did so in a very professional manner.

What kind of medications did you provide to Africa? AIDS medicine? That's great, you and everyone else. Do realize, however, that AIDS has become pandemic because an infected person lives long enough to spread the disease to many other hosts. Currently, AIDS treatments can only prolong the life of an infected person (sometimes indefinitely), giving them more time to infect others. And the Africans are definitly wasting no time spreading it around; some countries in Africa have upwards of 30% infection rate.

"ABSOLUTELY. HOW DO YOU WIN A MAJORITY WITH -5000 VOTES? OUT OF 2 CANDIDATES? IF THE AMERICAN SYSTEM SAYS THAT'S OKAY, THEN IT'S SCREWED."

This, again. I've told you before that the system is designed this way to prevent rampant majority rule. This is not the first time that a president has lost the popular vote and won in the electoral colleges.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004   #23
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass

Firstly, I would like to thank my good mate Yugloth, who happens to feel the same way i do on many subjects. Thats very rare here.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE ORIGINAL OPERATION NAME WAS? OPERATION IRAQI LIBERATION. MAKE AN ACRONYMN OUT OF THAT

Why do you think the name was changed? To prevent weirdos like you from making a serious operation seem like something else. It was a coincedence.

YOU DIDDN'T READ THE SITE, DID YOU? HOW MANY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE SAY "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once -- shame on -- shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again." OR PERHAPS "And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the -- nation, whatever you wanna call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years -- 4,000 hours over the next -- of the rest of your life -- of service to America. That's what I asked. I said 2 -- 4,000 hours."

ANOTHER QUOTE "My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific."

Exactly as I said, Bush is not a good public speaker. He gets nervous, mispronounces words, and says stupid thing. That doesnt mean hes stupid.

YOU SAID "Al Gore still woldnt have tried to capture Osama, and we would have had several more 9-11's." WHICH MEANS BY TRYING (AND FAILING) TO CAPTURE BIN LADEN, BUSH HAS PREVENTED OTHER TERRORIST ATTACKS. WHICH IS BULLSHIT.

In the search for bin Laden, we have destroyed hundreds of terrorist training camps and killed most high ranked al Quaidea officials. I would say that that prevented aother attacks.

SUPPORTING STATE TERRORISM AGAINST PALESTINE? POSTING AMERICAN SOLDIERS IN SAUDI ARABIA?

We dont support terrorism against anybody. The saudi's invited us and even payed us to station troops there.

ABSOLUTELY. HOW DO YOU WIN A MAJORITY WITH -5000 VOTES? OUT OF 2 CANDIDATES? IF THE AMERICAN SYSTEM SAYS THAT'S OKAY, THEN IT'S SCREWED.

Youve obviously never heard of the electoral college. Each states has a certain number of votes. The person who wins a state gets that states's electoral votes. The first candidate to 270 electoral votes wins the election. When bush won florida, he got above 270 electoral votes and therefore WON the election rather than STOLE it.

TIME FOR SOME PARANOIA. NOBODY HATES AMERICANS. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH AMERICANS, IN FACT, MOST OF THEM WOULD AGREE WITH ME.

Time for more stupidity from neo. OSAMA AND AL QUAEDA HAVE HATED AMERICANS FOR YEARS. EUROPEANS HATE AMERICANS. I DONT KNOW WHY, BUT THATS UNIMPORTANT. YET AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG.

Canada plays no role world wide. It wouldnt matter if it dropped of the face of the earth.

EXCEPT HAVING CREATED NATO, VIRTUALLY WINNING THE FIRST WORLD WAR, MAKING UP 10% OF THE WORLD'S PEACEKEEPERS, TRAINING THE CONGOLESE ARMY, BEING THE THIRD BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO LIKE IN, PROVIDING MEDICATIONS TO AFRICA, AND SO ON AND SO ON

Like Yugloth said, NATO is a pact between nations, and was set up between those nations. I dont think canada was one of the original countries in it. Winning the first world war? I dont remember any candians even being in WW1.Cite your evidence of the peacekeeping thing. Just what we need, another army, this time for the congo! The third best? On what grounds? Nobody donates to Africa more than private groups and the US

WE HAVE WHAT, 5 HOCKEY TEAMS? AS OPPOSED TO LIKE 2 AMERICAN ONES FOR EACH STATE.

Im not going to debate you about hockey, but most of the greatest hockey players of all time were from canada.

THOSE ARE RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS. LEFT WING EXTREMISTS ARE WHAT YOU CALL HIPPIES. THEY DON'T FLY PLANES INTO BUILDINGS, THEY STAND IN FRONT OF LOGGING TRUCKS.

Extremists are extremists: they all do crazy stuff. Technically, left wing extremists would favor government controlling every aspect of our lives, like in "1982" by Orwell. Hippies dont like government.

MY OPINION IS SHARED BY THE MAJORITY OF AMERICAN VOTERS. AS THEY SHOWED LAST ELECTION. AND, AS A CITIZEN OF THE WORLD, IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO DO WHAT I CAN TO ENSURE THE PEACE OF THE WORLD. THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION IS CURRENTLY THE BIGGEST THREAT TO WORLD PEACE

Um, no it isnt. In preliminary polls, Bush would beat out any current democratic candidate. Listen, the president of the united states cannot threaten world peace because all of his worldwide actions must be aproved by congress. I know you dont understand our government, but in order to go into a war more than 40 days long, Congress must approve of it.

I'D TAKE THE FIRST ONE. HE PROBABLY WOULDN'T GO TO WAR, ESPECIALLY WITH FICTIONAL JUSTIFICATION AND WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Well than your an idiot, world relations are more important than 1000 12 year olds. Do we need the rest of the world to tell us what to do? Of course not.
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004   #24
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

neomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart god

Quote:
Originally Said by Yugoloth
If America had gone on a rampage in the 90s after the first time the terrorists tried to bomb the WTC, maybe they wouldn't have tried the second time. Besides, Bin Laden isn't important. His small army of terrorists and his network of training camps were more significant than the man himself; those two particular things are mostly smoking ruins in Afghanistan now.

YES, TALIBAN TRAINING CAPS AND SOLDIERS. AL-QUAEDA, ON THE OTHER HAND...

There's a movie called A Beautiful Mind that you should probably watch.

SEEN IT, WHAT'S YOUR POINT?

NATO was created by the Canadians? Funny. I thought it was kind of a cooperative effort... After all, one country won't get very far making treaties with itself.

AS IN CREATED. CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF.

Virtually winning the first world war? Do tell. Did a tiny force of ultra-elite Canadian commandos destroy a critical German manufacturing plant that would have produced enough Vengeance 3 rockets to utterly destroy the allies? Well, I've never heard that particular bit of history. Oh, right. It was a secret mission. Of course I've never heard of it.

EVER HEARD OF VIMY RIDGE?

10% of the world's peacekeepers? Third-best country to live in? Don't go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back there.

THAT OUT OF AN AMERICAN

Also keep in mind that peacekeeping efforts of the modern era have been largely unsuccessful.

SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW

And, of course, the world is grateful for the training your proud country provided to the Congolese. They went ahead and spent four years killing each other, but they did so in a very professional manner.

THE TRAINING WAS STARTED 2 YEARS AGO OR SO. HOW'S THAT TIME TRAVEL WORKING FOR YA?

What kind of medications did you provide to Africa? AIDS medicine? That's great, you and everyone else. Do realize, however, that AIDS has become pandemic because an infected person lives long enough to spread the disease to many other hosts. Currently, AIDS treatments can only prolong the life of an infected person (sometimes indefinitely), giving them more time to infect others. And the Africans are definitly wasting no time spreading it around; some countries in Africa have upwards of 30% infection rate.

WHO SAID AIDS?

This, again. I've told you before that the system is designed this way to prevent rampant majority rule.

ISN'T MAJORITY RULE THE POINT OF DEMOCRACY?

This is not the first time that a president has lost the popular vote and won in the electoral colleges.

LIKE I SAID. SCREWED.
Quote:
Firstly, I would like to thank my good mate Yugloth, who happens to feel the same way i do on many subjects. Thats very rare here.

YES, IT'S HARD TO FIND OTHER NAZIS THESE DAYS, ISN'T IT?

Why do you think the name was changed? To prevent weirdos like you from making a serious operation seem like something else. It was a coincedence.

SURE IT WAS.

Exactly as I said, Bush is not a good public speaker. He gets nervous, mispronounces words, and says stupid thing. That doesnt mean hes stupid.

THEN WHY DOES HE DO IT WHEN HE'S NOT SPEAKING IN PUBLIC? WHAT KIND OF INTELLIGENT PERSON ASKS THE PRESIDENT OF BRAZIL IF HIS COUNTRY HAS BLACKS? DID YOU KNOW HE KNOCKED OVER A SEGWAY SCOOTER? THAT SUPPOSED TO BE IMPOSSIBLE. THE REASON HE KNOCKED IT OVER: HE DIDDN'T TURN IT ON. ANOTHER QUOTE "And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, 'There's one terrible pilot.'"
THAT WAS AN OUTRIGHT LIE, AS THE FOOTAGE OF THE FIRST PLANE WASN'T SHOWN UNTIL THE NEXT DAY. BET YOU'RE GONNA BLAME THE LENSCAPS INCIDENT ON BAD PUBLIC SPEAKING TOO.

In the search for bin Laden, we have destroyed hundreds of terrorist training camps and killed most high ranked al Quaidea officials. I would say that that prevented aother attacks.

THEN WHY ARE THEY STILL HAPPENING? YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAVE PREVENTED ATTACKS BETTER? STOPPING ISREAL'S STATE-TERRORISM AND GETTING AMERICAN TROOPS OUT OF ARABIA.

We dont support terrorism against anybody.

IS IT NOT TRUE THAT 4 CENTS OF TAXES FROM EVERY AMERICAN EVERY DAY GOES TO ISREAL SO THEY CAN KILL INNOCENT PALESTINIANS?

The saudi's invited us and even payed us to station troops there.

WHY?

Youve obviously never heard of the electoral college. Each states has a certain number of votes. The person who wins a state gets that states's electoral votes. The first candidate to 270 electoral votes wins the election. When bush won florida, he got above 270 electoral votes and therefore WON the election rather than STOLE it.

BUT HE DIDDN'T WIN FLORIDA.

Time for more stupidity from neo. OSAMA AND AL QUAEDA HAVE HATED AMERICANS FOR YEARS. EUROPEANS HATE AMERICANS. I DONT KNOW WHY, BUT THATS UNIMPORTANT. YET AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG.

Canada plays no role world wide.

ONCE AGAIN, THAT SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW. CANADA IS THE MOST INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED COUNTRY, WHEN IT COMES TO HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS, AND PEACEKEEPING. ALSO, LEGALLY ALL COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD ARE EQUAL

It wouldnt matter if it dropped of the face of the earth.

EXCEPT THAT A HUGE CHUNK OF THE EARTH WOULD BE MISSING

Like Yugloth said, NATO is a pact between nations, and was set up between those nations. I dont think canada was one of the original countries in it. Winning the first world war? I dont remember any candians even being in WW1.

THEN YOU ARE A FLAMING IDIOT. YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF VIMY RIDGE, FLANDERS FEILDS OR GALIPOLI?

Cite your evidence of the peacekeeping thing.

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND LOOK IT UP

Just what we need, another army, this time for the congo!

OH, NOW ARMIES ARE BAD? A SECOND AGO, THEY MADE THE U.S. "THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD".

The third best? On what grounds?

I DON'T KNOW HOW THE U.N. DOES THEIR RATING.

Nobody donates to Africa more than private groups and the US

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE CASH

Im not going to debate you about hockey, but most of the greatest hockey players of all time were from canada.

I WOULDN'T KNOW. I HATE SPORTS

Extremists are extremists: they all do crazy stuff. Technically, left wing extremists would favor government controlling every aspect of our lives, like in "1982" by Orwell. Hippies dont like government.

LEFT WING EXTREMISTS WOULD MAKE GOVERNMENT SO THAT HIPPIES WOULD LIKE IT

Um, no it isnt. In preliminary polls, Bush would beat out any current democratic candidate.

YOUR POINT?

Listen, the president of the united states cannot threaten world peace because all of his worldwide actions must be aproved by congress.

THEY'RE NOT HARD TO BUY

I know you dont understand our government, but in order to go into a war more than 40 days long, Congress must approve of it.

Well than your an idiot, world relations are more important than 1000 12 year olds.

YES, WORLD RELATIONS ARE ALSO MORE IMPORNATNT THAN WAGING WAR ON THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES

Do we need the rest of the world to tell us what to do? Of course not.

APPERENTLY YOU DO, BECAUSE YOUR COUNTRY IS DOING A HORRIBLE JOB AT BEING AN EQUAL MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY. THE U.S. IS NOT HERE TO BE THE GLOBAL COP. THAT'S THE U.N.'S JOB. THE U.S. IS JUST THE BIG DUMB ENFORCER. THE U.N.'S MUSCLE.
Old 02-08-2004   #25
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute

"SEEN IT, WHAT'S YOUR POINT?"

Uhh, maybe you should watch it more closely.

"EVER HEARD OF VIMY RIDGE?"

Nope. Edify me.

"THAT OUT OF AN AMERICAN"

Don't you dislike Americans because of the stereotypical American propensity to be patriotically arrogant? If so, I should point out to you that you display that trait far more often than anyone here.

"THE TRAINING WAS STARTED 2 YEARS AGO OR SO. HOW'S THAT TIME TRAVEL WORKING FOR YA?"

So you were training them during the war, then? If you follow this link, http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa...go.facts.reut/, you will see that the latest hostilities were less than a year ago.

"SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW"

Yes, it does. I'm always eager to be proven wrong; it's a great way to learn. Can you show me something I don't know?

"WHO SAID AIDS?"

AIDS is the big plague in Africa that everyone sends them medicine for. Once again, maybe you could correct me.

"ISN'T MAJORITY RULE THE POINT OF DEMOCRACY?"

No. Examination of the roots of the word, "demo" and "cracy," will reveal that it means "rule by the people." Also realize that the founders of the American government envisioned a democracy where all people had equal representation.
Old 02-08-2004   #26
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

Quote:
Uhh, maybe you should watch it more closely.

THERE'S NO ACRONYMS OR OIL IN THAT MOVIE

Nope. Edify me.

A RIDGE IN FRANCE. HELD BY THE GERMAN ARMY. IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE. THE ALLIES TRIED OVER AND OVER TO TAKE THE RIDGE. THEY GAVE UP AND POSTED CANADIANS (STANDARD WWI CANNON FODDER) AND GUESS WHO TOOK THE RIDGE. VIMY RIDGE WAS A MAJOR STRATEJIC POSITION. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN THE WAR WITHOUT TAKING IT.

Don't you dislike Americans

NO, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS. ONLY THE RIGHT WING FLAG WAVING GUN-UNDER-THE-PILLOW REDNECK NUTCASE TYPES.

because of the stereotypical American propensity to be patriotically arrogant?

I RARELY SEE THAT STEREOTYPE IN REAL LIFE. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE CASES

If so, I should point out to you that you display that trait far more often than anyone here.

I'M SIMPLY STATING THE FACTS.

So you were training them during the war, then? If you follow this link, http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa...go.facts.reut/, you will see that the latest hostilities were less than a year ago.

I WASN'T INFORMED THE HOSTILITIES EVER STOPPED

Yes, it does. I'm always eager to be proven wrong; it's a great way to learn. Can you show me something I don't know?

YOU CAN'TT LEARN ON YOUR OWN?

AIDS is the big plague in Africa that everyone sends them medicine for. Once again, maybe you could correct me.

THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT. I'M SURE THERE'S A LOT MORE THAN AIDS THAT NEEDS TO BE MEDICATED

No. Examination of the roots of the word, "demo" and "cracy," will reveal that it means "rule by the people." Also realize that the founders of the American government envisioned a democracy where all people had equal representation.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. YOUR SYSTEM DOESN'T ALLOW THAT. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DO WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE DOES? YOU VOTE FOR YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE, AND THE PARTY WITH THE MOST SEATS IN PARLIAMENT WINS. SIMPLE AS THAT. HARD TO FIX AN ELECTION LIKE THAT.
Old 02-08-2004   #27
cstoll
?!

cstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond repute

Neomp5 said that Canada was the THE THIRD BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO LIKE IN. (Let's assume he meant "live in").

BleedBlack or Yugoloth said:
The third best? On what grounds?

Neomp5 replied:

I'm saying: I got off my ass and looked it up. Canada is no longer third best, by the way.

The following is from: http://www.cbc.ca/national/news/unreport/

The United Nations rates countries based on several factors, one of them being the Human Development Index, which measures:
  • longevity (as measured by life expectancy at birth)
  • educational attainment (as measured by a combination of the adult literacy rate and combined gross primary, secondary and post-secondary enrolment
  • standard of living (as measured by Gross Domestic Product per capita)
The UN itself doesn't make the judgment that Canada is "the best place in the world to live." Politicians in Canada may make that claim, but the UN won't.

The United Nations Development Programme says that the Human Development Index is "a very imperfect measure" and the agency underlines that HDI is only a "partial" measure of the full scope of human development.

This is from: http://www.unitednorthamerica.org/simdiff.htm
UN rating: The once much emphasized fact by many Canadian nationalists. Until recently Canada has been rated #1 by the UN. The 2003 United Nations Development Programme report rated Canada as #8 overall, and the United States #7. Canadians and Americans alike shouldn't feel too bad about this. The United Nations is an organization which has very noble humanitarian causes, such as "ending world hunger", "eliminating racial and gender inequalities", "reducing the economical gap between the rich and poor" as well as others. These are all problems that if could be fixed, would make the world a better place. However, the Human Development Index rating takes into account only three very simple characteristics of a country: Life Expectancy, Literacy/Enrollment and PPP. Hardly a basis for declaring the "best country in the world". It should also be noted the margin between the first ranking country and the tenth ranking country is 0.012, and between Canada and the US it is smaller than 0.001.

"I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel."
--Blackadder

Last edited by cstoll; 02-09-2004 at 12:26 AM.
cstoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004   #28
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

ya, this isnt about canada people. and ya know, we have a lot more problems than them. theyre doing a good job of being peacekeepers. and the u.s. might actually have an impact on other people so they should be able to express themselves to.

i really really hope bush does not get re-elected. so maybe he isnt stupid, and he just cant talk to people. but that should be a quality of the president. he should be able to explain what hes gonna do well. we have to be able to actually understand him. and even so, he hasnt done all the things he said he would. the "leave no child behind"? cut the budgets. the children should be the most important thing in this country. it's gonna be the kids having to pay for whats going on. we should have their best interests in mind. not going to mars. not saying it isnt cool that we are, but there are more important things and he shouldnt be wasting money that we dont have. the "patriotic" act. god, dont get me started on this. completely invading peoples privacy without complete, valid evidence. and then just the whole patriotic part...cause you know, if your not dont support the war and if you dont support bush, then your unpatriotic. and you dont give a damn about this country. everyone talks about what a great job he did with 9/11...what was so great about what he did? any other could have president done that. and who says that gore wouldnt have done that? he's really hurt our friendships with other countries, if they were even there to begin with. the whole gay marriage. it's soo stupid. i cant even believe that its actually being discussed whether two loving people can get married or not. i believe its completely unconstitutional. if there truly is a seperationg of state and church, then this shouldnt even be an issue....ahh so much more, but im getting tired. haha
RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004   #29
Yugoloth
-----

EB White said, "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." Therefore, I refuse to kill my frog by explaining the joke about "A Beautiful Mind."

The Canadian victory at Vimy Ridge was all well and good, but now I've read that it followed three weeks of British artillery bombardment, and before that the French tried for almost a year to take the ridge. So it was more of an allied victory than solely a Canadian one.

"APPERENTLY YOU DO, BECAUSE YOUR COUNTRY IS DOING A HORRIBLE JOB AT BEING AN EQUAL MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY. THE U.S. IS NOT HERE TO BE THE GLOBAL COP. THAT'S THE U.N.'S JOB. THE U.S. IS JUST THE BIG DUMB ENFORCER. THE U.N.'S MUSCLE. "

Equal? Who said we were trying to be equal? California has the 4th highest GDP in the world, and that's just one state. The UN has been historically slow and impotent, typically not acting without US urging. Since the UN isn't doing it's "job," the responsibility falls to us.

Allow me to back up my argument with a few statements:
-800,000 died in an act of genocide Rowanda. The UN knew it was going to happen, knew about it when it was happening, and still failed to act in time.

-The UN sent a peacekeeping force to Sierra Lione. The army of 500 was quickly disarmed and captured by the less internationally legitimate faction.

-After the Serbs in the Balkans began an ethnic cleansing of the Albanians in Kosovo, the UN send peacekeepers to stop the violence. They stopped it, but then the Albanians started taking revenge on the Serbs.

So you're saying that it's ok for the international community to use the United States as a "big dumb[sic] enforcer," but the United States can't look out for its own interests?

Also, something to about the Iraqi oil. There was an oil uproar before the first Gulf War, too. Everyone thought the US was just going to rescue Kuwait and then take over their oil fields for our own use. Well, Kuwait still owns all of its oil. The same thing will probably happen in Iraq.
Old 02-09-2004   #30
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

Quote:
EB White said, "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." Therefore, I refuse to kill my frog by explaining the joke about "A Beautiful Mind."

THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE?

The Canadian victory at Vimy Ridge was all well and good, but now I've read that it followed three weeks of British artillery bombardment, and before that the French tried for almost a year to take the ridge. So it was more of an allied victory than solely a Canadian one.

CANADIAN TROOPS IN BOTH WARS WERE LABELLED AS BRITISH TROOPS. EVERYBODY ELSE HAD GIVEN UP, BUT IT WAS CANADIAN TROOPS AND A CANAIAN TACTICIAN THAT TOOK IT. I UNDERSTAND THE GERMANS HAD TUNNELS UNDERNEATH, AND THE CANADIANS GOT THE IDEA TO DIG INTO THEM AND COME UP FROM BEHIND (THE GERMANS DID THE SAME THING TO CANADIAN TROOPS IN WWII. WHOEVER WAS IN CHARGE IN THAT WAR SUCKED AS A TACTICIAN. ONLY MAJOR BATTLE I KNOW OF THAT CANADA WON IN THAT WAR WAS MONTE CASINO, AND THAT WAS ONLY BECAUSE THE GERMANS WERE SCARED TO DEATH OF DRUNKEN QUEBECERS)

"APPERENTLY YOU DO, BECAUSE YOUR COUNTRY IS DOING A HORRIBLE JOB AT BEING AN EQUAL MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY. THE U.S. IS NOT HERE TO BE THE GLOBAL COP. THAT'S THE U.N.'S JOB. THE U.S. IS JUST THE BIG DUMB ENFORCER. THE U.N.'S MUSCLE. "

Equal? Who said we were trying to be equal?

YOU'RE NOT. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE

California has the 4th highest GDP in the world, and that's just one state. The UN has been historically slow and impotent, typically not acting without US urging. Since the UN isn't doing it's "job," the responsibility falls to us.

WHY? WHO GAVE YOU THAT JOB?

Allow me to back up my argument with a few statements:
-800,000 died in an act of genocide Rowanda. The UN knew it was going to happen, knew about it when it was happening, and still failed to act in time.

-The UN sent a peacekeeping force to Sierra Lione. The army of 500 was quickly disarmed and captured by the less internationally legitimate faction.

-After the Serbs in the Balkans began an ethnic cleansing of the Albanians in Kosovo, the UN send peacekeepers to stop the violence. They stopped it, but then the Albanians started taking revenge on the Serbs.

So you're saying that it's ok for the international community to use the United States as a "big dumb[sic] enforcer," but the United States can't look out for its own interests?

WHAT WOULD THAT BE? OIL? THE U.S. HAS NO OTHER INTERNATIONAL INTRESTS (EXCEPT TO MAKE SURE TTHEIR PERSONAL STOCKPILE OF WMDS ARE THE ONLY ONES)

Also, something to about the Iraqi oil. There was an oil uproar before the first Gulf War, too. Everyone thought the US was just going to rescue Kuwait and then take over their oil fields for our own use. Well, Kuwait still owns all of its oil. The same thing will probably happen in Iraq.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PUPPET REGIME THAT WILL BE INSTALLED?
Quote:
Originally Said by RubberDucky55
he should be able to explain what hes gonna do well. we have to be able to actually understand him.
to quote our previous prime minister "we av enuff problem wit de problem we av today"
Old 02-09-2004   #31
krashkitten
peace, love, unity, respect -

krashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to krashkitten Send a message via AIM to krashkitten Send a message via MSN to krashkitten Send a message via Yahoo to krashkitten

I'm just gonna jump on the bandwagon, here, and say 'no' on the re-electing Bush. The last thing we need in office right now is a close-minded Republican, considering how this country's changing. Now, I'm not saying all Republicans are as conservative as he is, but he happens to be an extreme right-winger. He wants to ban gay marraiges - because they're wrong in the eyes of God. He continuously goes on about how great God is for this country and how we need to get back in touch with God, etc. But then, I'm also one of those people that's big on separation of church and state.
Also, the fact that he's not exactly eloquent with his words, and it seems he's incapable of being so, makes the US a bit of a joke to the rest of the world. We need a respectable(at least respectable-sounding) leader, one that can at least demand some respect from the rest of the world. Sure, maybe he's done some good things - but you can garuntee anyone flipping through the channels on the tube who just happens to catch sight of him and hear him thinks he sounds like an idiot, and first impressions matter. Not many people nowadays actually pay attention to all the debates and all the fineries of politics, all they see and notice is how someone represents themselves. 'Bush did something great for our country!' 'What, THAT idiot?'
Also, on a different note, if you look at the pictures from Saddam's capture, the Date trees behind them are in season.
Date trees come into season(bear dates, ect.) at the end of summer. When we captured him, it was the end of winter - for them, as well.
I bet you he's going to pop up with Osama bin Lauden about a month before election day. 'LOOK! LOOK! WE CAUGHT HIM! Now you have to re-elect me!'
But maybe that's my conspiracy-nut personana kicking in.
Anyway. I'm done throwing in my two cents. I don't keep track of politics, I judge by what I see. Because I am teh lame.

~ Kittyn
Luke 14:26
1 Timothy 2:11-2:15

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it." - Aurthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Quote:
"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." - Edgar Wallace

krashkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004   #32
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass

YES, IT'S HARD TO FIND OTHER NAZIS THESE DAYS

I'm not a Nazi just because my views differ from yours. Nazi's are in favor of killing jews etc, and i have lots of jewish friends that i like very much.

SURE IT WAS

Ok, you obviously dont have anything intellligent to say, so ill take that as a concession.

THEN WHY DOES HE DO IT WHEN HE'S NOT SPEAKING IN PUBLIC? WHAT KIND OF INTELLIGENT PERSON ASKS THE PRESIDENT OF BRAZIL IF HIS COUNTRY HAS BLACKS? DID YOU KNOW HE KNOCKED OVER A SEGWAY SCOOTER? THAT SUPPOSED TO BE IMPOSSIBLE. THE REASON HE KNOCKED IT OVER: HE DIDDN'T TURN IT ON. ANOTHER QUOTE "And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, 'There's one terrible pilot.'"
THAT WAS AN OUTRIGHT LIE, AS THE FOOTAGE OF THE FIRST PLANE WASN'T SHOWN UNTIL THE NEXT DAY. BET YOU'RE GONNA BLAME THE LENSCAPS INCIDENT ON BAD PUBLIC SPEAKING TOO.

What you are listening are public events, retard. Havent you ever gotten stage fright? Or gotten scared when in front of lots of people? When that happens, you do stupid things.

THEN WHY ARE THEY STILL HAPPENING? YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAVE PREVENTED ATTACKS BETTER? STOPPING ISREAL'S STATE-TERRORISM AND GETTING AMERICAN TROOPS OUT OF ARABIA

THEY ARENT STILL HAPPENING. I dont care about your retarted suggestions.

IS IT NOT TRUE THAT 4 CENTS OF TAXES FROM EVERY AMERICAN EVERY DAY GOES TO ISREAL SO THEY CAN KILL INNOCENT PALESTINIANS?

Correct, that is not true.

WHY?

Because we scare off yahoos trying to kill them, and we dfend them.

BUT HE DIDDN'T WIN FLORIDA

But he did. The Supreme Court ruled that he won by 500 votes, and therefore won the election.

ONCE AGAIN, THAT SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW. CANADA IS THE MOST INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED COUNTRY, WHEN IT COMES TO HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS, AND PEACEKEEPING. ALSO, LEGALLY ALL COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD ARE EQUAL

Lie. Legally all countries are equal? So there are certain world wide laws that say this? NO, THERE ARE NONE

EXCEPT THAT A HUGE CHUNK OF THE EARTH WOULD BE MISSING

Ok then, it wouldnt matter if your entire population dide from SARS.

THEN YOU ARE A FLAMING IDIOT. YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF VIMY RIDGE, FLANDERS FEILDS OR GALIPOLI?

We only learn important thing in American schools.

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND LOOK IT UP

No, I have better things to do than read about Canada.

OH, NOW ARMIES ARE BAD? A SECOND AGO, THEY MADE THE U.S. "THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD".

I never said that.

HAHAHA youve already been proved wrong there.

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE CASH

But that doesnt change the fact that they are still the biggest contributors.

I WOULDN'T KNOW. I HATE SPORTS

Ok, fine.

LEFT WING EXTREMISTS WOULD MAKE GOVERNMENT SO THAT HIPPIES WOULD LIKE IT

No, left wing extremists would make the government control everything.

And you know this from your vast knowlege? HAH

YES, WORLD RELATIONS ARE ALSO MORE IMPORNATNT THAN WAGING WAR ON THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES

Red herring, get back to the point.

APPERENTLY YOU DO, BECAUSE YOUR COUNTRY IS DOING A HORRIBLE JOB AT BEING AN EQUAL MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY. THE U.S. IS NOT HERE TO BE THE GLOBAL COP. THAT'S THE U.N.'S JOB. THE U.S. IS JUST THE BIG DUMB ENFORCER. THE U.N.'S MUSCLE.

We also have a higher literacy rate than most of the world, and have many brilliant minds. You hear about smart Americans and famous Americans every day, but I couldnt even tell you who the PM of canada is because CANADA DOES NOT MATTER
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004   #33
Yugoloth
-----

"YOU'RE NOT[equal]. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE"

Of course, someone who is not well-endowed claims that size doesn't matter.

"WHY? WHO GAVE YOU THAT JOB?"

No one. We took it because no one else was doing it.

"WHAT WOULD THAT BE? OIL? THE U.S. HAS NO OTHER INTERNATIONAL INTRESTS (EXCEPT TO MAKE SURE TTHEIR PERSONAL STOCKPILE OF WMDS ARE THE ONLY ONES)"

The US buys two thirds of its oil from Russia, not the middle east, so no, not oil. And our international iterests are to protect ourselves against terrorism. Iraq was a nation that sponsored terrorism (example: Hussain paid the families of Palestinian suicide bombers). And then there were the weapons of mass destruction, which the Iraqis did have (i'm not going to explain this for a third time - read my earlier posts)

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PUPPET REGIME THAT WILL BE INSTALLED?"

What puppet regime? Where is the precedent? When has the US ever installed a puppet regime in another country? Why do you think that we will install one in Iraq?
Old 02-09-2004   #34
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

Quote:
I'm not a Nazi just because my views differ from yours. Nazi's are in favor of killing jews etc, and i have lots of jewish friends that i like very much.

THEY WEREN'T JUST A BUNCH OF JEW-KILLERS, THEY WERE A SUPER RIGHT WING POLITICAL PARTY

Ok, you obviously dont have anything intellligent to say, so ill take that as a concession.

YOU DO THAT

What you are listening are public events, retard.

OF COURSE. WHAT I'M LISTENING. RIGHT

Havent you ever gotten stage fright? Or gotten scared when in front of lots of people? When that happens, you do stupid things.

HELLO! THE SEGWAY WAS IN ON HIS DRIVEWAY! QUIT DISMISSING EVERYTHING AS "STAGE FRIGHT" AND READ THE DAMN SITE. STAGE FRIGHT DOES NOT MAKE PEOPLE LIE ABOUT SEEING A PLANE CRASH ON THE NEWS THE DAY BEFORE THE NEWS PLAYED THE FOOTAGE

THEY ARENT STILL HAPPENING. I dont care about your retarted suggestions.

GO AHEAD. TUNE OUT THE SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS

Correct, that is not true.

THEN WHY WOULD ANYONE SAY IT IS?

Because we scare off yahoos trying to kill them, and we dfend them.

YOU DEFEND A DICTATORSHIP? THE SAUDIS ARE AS BAD AS THE TALIBAN WHEN IT COMES TO THAT. BUT THEY HAVE OIL MONEY.

But he did. The Supreme Court ruled that he won by 500 votes, and therefore won the election.

THE SUPREME COURT STOPPED THE RECOUNT. WHAT WAS THE ORIGINAL COUNT?

Lie.

WHAT IS

Legally all countries are equal? So there are certain world wide laws that say this? NO, THERE ARE NONE

EVERY NATION HAS EQUAL SAY IN THE U.N.

Ok then, it wouldnt matter if your entire population dide from SARS.

THEN THE DISEASE WOULD WIPE OUT ALL OF NORTH AMERICA.

We only learn important thing in American schools.

YEAH, AMERICAN THINGS, RIGHT? HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE HEARD OF GALIPOLI?

No, I have better things to do than read about Canada.

I DOUBT IT

I never said that.

NO, YOU SIMPLY SAID THAT EVERY OTHER COUNTRY I THE WORLD IS UNIMPORTANT IN COMPARISON

HAHAHA youve already been proved wrong there.

DOES THAT CHANGE THE FACT THAT CANADA IS STIL STATISTICALLY ONE OF THE BEST COUNTRIES?

But that doesnt change the fact that they are still the biggest contributors.

AS WE WOULD BE, IF WE HAD THE CASH

Ok, fine.

No, left wing extremists would make the government control everything.

NO, THAT'S RIGHT WINGERS AGAIN. LEFT WINGERS ARE INTO THIS LITTLE THING CALLED FREEDOM, MAYBE YOU'VE HEARD OF IT

And you know this from your vast knowlege? HAH

Red herring, get back to the point.

THAT WAS THE POINT. FOREIGN POLICY AND WAGING WAR ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS

We also have a higher literacy rate than most of the world, and have many brilliant minds.

SAME HERE

You hear about smart Americans and famous Americans every day,

ACTUALLY, I DON'T.

but I couldnt even tell you who the PM of canada is because CANADA DOES NOT MATTER

NOT TO THE SELF CENTRED UNINTELLIGENT AMERICAN MIND, NO, BUT TO THE REST OF THE WORLD, THE U.S. DOES NOT MATTER.
Quote:
Of course, someone who is not well-endowed claims that size doesn't matter.

AND THE WELL ENDOWED CLAIMS IT IS, IN ORDER TO FEEL SUPERIOR

No one. We took it because no one else was doing it.

NO, ROME AND BRITAIN WEREGONE, WEREN'T THEY. IT WAS TIME FOR A NEW GLOBAL BULLY

The US buys two thirds of its oil from Russia, not the middle east, so no, not oil. And our international iterests are to protect ourselves against terrorism.

THEN DO THAT BY MAKING PEOPLE NOT WANT TO HURT YOU!

Iraq was a nation that sponsored terrorism (example: Hussain paid the families of Palestinian suicide bombers). And then there were the weapons of mass destruction, which the Iraqis did have (i'm not going to explain this for a third time - read my earlier posts)

OF COURSE THEY HAD THEM. THE U.S. SOLD THEM TO THEM

What puppet regime? Where is the precedent? When has the US ever installed a puppet regime in another country?

WHAT WOULD YOU CALL MANUEL NORIEGA?

Why do you think that we will install one in Iraq?

BECAUSE YOU DID SO IN IRAN, CHILE, PANAMA, KUWAIT, ETC.
Old 02-09-2004   #35
cstoll
?!

cstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond repute

I'm tired about arguing over proverbs and where Canada fits on the United Nations' ranking of "best" countries. It just occurred to me that I haven't said a word about Pres. Bush or re-election.

I don't care for him. As someone who appreciates rhetoric--both written and spoken--I'm annoyed by the fact that he seems unable to find a coherent sentence most of the time. Of course, his poor speaking abilities don't necessarily mean that he's unable to make wise decisions. And quite a few presidents in the past were noted for being terrible public speakers (and made plenty of stupid comments in public). Abraham Lincoln, while a great writer and wonderful speaker, had a high-pitched voice, which we would undoubtedly make fun of today. But, Bush sounds dumb, and I have a hard time getting past that.

I think the biggest thing I'm irritated by is how Bush blew an opportunity just after September 11th to create a different image of the United States and to send a message about international relations. It was a time when he had the world's attention and the world's sympathy. (Yes, I'm sure some people were still thinking "Arrogant Americans--serves them right," but by and large it was a time of support). He could have spread a message of unity--of thinking beyond borders and flags, of working together despite differing nationality and ideology--but what rang out was "Either you're with us or against us." I think a vital moment was missed.

I hope he doesn't get re-elected, but the Democrat choices all seem like tools so far. No one stands out on any issues--their campaigns all seem to be based on "Elect me, I'm against Bush." And that's not enough to make me want to vote for them--or for anyone at all.

"I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel."
--Blackadder
cstoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004   #36
Yugoloth
-----

"AND THE WELL ENDOWED CLAIMS IT IS, IN ORDER TO FEEL SUPERIOR"

Whatever you think, man. But, you can't argue with: Larger GDP, more money, more people, more technology, more channels on cable tv, more soldiers, more planes, more cars, more glory, etc.

"NO, ROME AND BRITAIN WEREGONE, WEREN'T THEY. IT WAS TIME FOR A NEW GLOBAL BULLY"

Your comparison hardly applies. Rome was only a bully in a specific region, not globally. Britain was a colonial power. I'm not aware of any people permanently subjugated by the US, or any colonies at all, for that matter.

"THEN DO THAT BY MAKING PEOPLE NOT WANT TO HURT YOU!"

I suppose you have all the answers. Tell me, how do we do that?

First, let me point out Saudi Arabia. We maintained a presence in Saudi Arabia in order to promote stability in the region. Well, the Arabs love us. Or some of them do, because a handful are busy trying to crash planes into our buildings. Ok, so we shouldn't have gotten involved, right?

Wrong. After we assisted the Afghanis in expelling a conquering Russian army, we just pulled out and forgot about them. They loved that, too, except that they went ahead and helped the Arabs in that little planes-crashing-into-buildings thing. What should we have done? Let the Russians conquer them? If we had done that, who's to say they wouldn't have crashed their planes into our buildings for not helping them? Just as the Iraq war was in full swing and the international community was screaming that we were being a big mean bully, Liberia and the UN were calling for us to send peacekeeping forces to halt their little civil war. "Don't do this, this Iraq thingy," the International Community says, "it's Acting Unilaterally, and that's Bad! But, we want you to help these guys, so you can do that if you want. You can pay for it too. Oh, and we probably won't help you, but we will throw in lots of anti-American sentiments. Thanks."

"WHAT WOULD YOU CALL MANUEL NORIEGA?"

He was a brutal usurper who managed to con the CIA out of 30 years worth of paychecks. Now he's spending 40 years in a federal prison to pay us back for it. What about him?

BECAUSE YOU DID SO IN IRAN, CHILE, PANAMA, KUWAIT, ETC.

No, we didn't. Iran is ruled by a religious government that has been historically anti-American. The government in Chile is civilly elected. The government that we set up in Panama is a step from a harsh military dictator towards democracy, and they are by no means compliant with American interests. As for Kuwait, you seem to have forgotten JT11's posts in the "America?" thread, in which he explained that situation to you. Their government is just like it was before the Gulf War.
Old 02-10-2004   #37
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

Quote:
Whatever you think, man. But, you can't argue with: Larger GDP, more money, more people, more technology, more channels on cable tv, more soldiers, more planes, more cars, more glory, etc.

THAT'S WHY I HATE CAPITALISM. "Too much of the world is run on the theory that you donít need road manners if you are a five ton truck."

Your comparison hardly applies. Rome was only a bully in a specific region, not globally.

IT WAS THE GLOBE AS THEY KNEW IT

Britain was a colonial power. I'm not aware of any people permanently subjugated by the US, or any colonies at all, for that matter.

THE U.S. WAS A COLONY.

I suppose you have all the answers. Tell me, how do we do that?

TAKE ACTION AGAINST ISREAL AND PUT PRESSURE ON THE SAUDIS TO GIVE THEIR PEOPLE SOME RIGHTS

First, let me point out Saudi Arabia. We maintained a presence in Saudi Arabia in order to promote stability in the region. Well, the Arabs love us. Or some of them do, because a handful are busy trying to crash planes into our buildings. Ok, so we shouldn't have gotten involved, right?

Wrong. After we assisted the Afghanis in expelling a conquering Russian army, we just pulled out and forgot about them. They loved that, too, except that they went ahead and helped the Arabs in that little planes-crashing-into-buildings thing. What should we have done? Let the Russians conquer them? If we had done that, who's to say they wouldn't have crashed their planes into our buildings for not helping them?

AFGANISTAN ISN'T A HOLY LAND

Just as the Iraq war was in full swing and the international community was screaming that we were being a big mean bully, Liberia and the UN were calling for us to send peacekeeping forces to halt their little civil war. "Don't do this, this Iraq thingy," the International Community says, "it's Acting Unilaterally, and that's Bad! But, we want you to help these guys, so you can do that if you want. You can pay for it too. Oh, and we probably won't help you, but we will throw in lots of anti-American sentiments. Thanks."

PEACEKEEPING: GOOD. WAR: BAD. WHY'S THIS SO HARD TO GRASP?

He was a brutal usurper who managed to con the CIA out of 30 years worth of paychecks. Now he's spending 40 years in a federal prison to pay us back for it. What about him?

PUPPET DICTATOR. HE GOT A BIG HEAD

No, we didn't. Iran is ruled by a religious government that has been historically anti-American. The government in Chile is civilly elected. The government that we set up in Panama is a step from a harsh military dictator towards democracy, and they are by no means compliant with American interests. As for Kuwait, you seem to have forgotten JT11's posts in the "America?" thread, in which he explained that situation to you. Their government is just like it was before the Gulf War.

WHAT GAVE THE U.S. THE AUTHORITY TO MESS WITH THOSE COUNTRIES? THE U.N. IS THE ONLY INTERNATIONAL AUTHORITY. THE U.S. IS IN CHARGE ONLY OF IT'SSELF

QUESTION: WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE U.S. WENT 20 YEARS WITHOUT STARTING/PARTICIPATING IN A WAR?
Old 02-10-2004   #38
Yugoloth
-----

"THAT'S WHY I HATE CAPITALISM."

The computer that you wrote your little post on was created by the capitalist system. The modern era was brought about by capitalism. Without capitalism, the world would probably still be agrarian.

"IT WAS THE GLOBE AS THEY KNEW IT"

So what? I think you'll have to concede that your analogy was irrelevant.

"THE U.S. WAS A COLONY"

A) The time machine that you brought up in an earlier post comes back into play. The US was a colony 228 years ago.
B) Irrelevant.

"TAKE ACTION AGAINST ISREAL AND PUT PRESSURE ON THE SAUDIS TO GIVE THEIR PEOPLE SOME RIGHTS"

I thought it wasn't our job to play international enforcer. You're telling me that the US should make the Saudis give their people rights. So then we were justified in Iraq.

"AFGANISTAN ISN'T A HOLY LAND"

Ok. See B) above.

"PEACEKEEPING: GOOD. WAR: BAD. WHY'S THIS SO HARD TO GRASP?"

Where do you draw the line? Peacekeeping where one side isn't destroyed has been historically ineffective, but sending in troops to destroy one side of a conflict is an act of war.

"PUPPET DICTATOR. HE GOT A BIG HEAD"

You still haven't answered my question. What does Manuel Noriega have to do with anything?

"WHAT GAVE THE U.S. THE AUTHORITY TO MESS WITH THOSE COUNTRIES? THE U.N. IS THE ONLY INTERNATIONAL AUTHORITY. THE U.S. IS IN CHARGE ONLY OF IT'SSELF"

The Monroe Doctrine and the Roosevelt Corrolary gave us the authority. Those two things predate the UN, and they predate the UN's predecessor, the League of Nations. I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over again here on this one: The UN is a useless and corrupt organization that is too slow and too weak to be effective.

"QUESTION: WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE U.S. WENT 20 YEARS WITHOUT STARTING/PARTICIPATING IN A WAR?"

A good, long time. But do you think that the world is better off or worse off because of it? Thanks to US involvement, Germany doesn't rule Europe, Japan doesn't rule China, and Iraq doesn't rule Kuwait. Democracy individual freedom is on the rise, thanks to the United States' opposition to the Communist doctrines. Maybe you think it would be ok to speak German, heil the fuhrer, and have no personal liberties, but I don't. And don't give me any crap about how the Canadians would have won WWII without the Americans. More Americans gave their lives in that war than Canada even sent to fight.
Old 02-10-2004   #39
JT11

JT11 should be rewarded

Yugoloth you are a good man for putting out the facts to neomp5's radical statements.

I won't put my 2 cents in your above arguments because you, cstoll, bleed black have all argued your points very effectively.

On re-electing Bush, I will most definitely vote for him. Kerry himself has come out and said he thinks hunting terrorists is a job for law enforcement and the courts. Last week, Germany let a suspected terrorist go. He is complaining about Intelligence mistakes, but he's been trying his whole career to cut funding for the CIA. He said in '92 during clinton's campaign that Vietnam shouldn't be an issue. Now he's questioning the president about his national guard duty.

The funny thing is some people think President Bush is a right winger, but he has proposed more Aids money for Africa than any other world leader, and thrown money around like a liberal democrat. No one person can make every decision and make everyone happy.
JT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004   #40
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

it seems like everything has to do with the war. has he done anything but the war? what has he done for inside our country?
RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote