Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 04-09-2009   #21
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is your all-time favorite band?

how'd you change the thread?
Old 04-09-2009   #22
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

DO WHAT THE MAN SAYS
Old 04-09-2009   #23
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

I ALREADY DID!
Old 04-10-2009   #24
Selur Top
I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Selur Top is on the road to immortalitySelur Top is on the road to immortalitySelur Top is on the road to immortalitySelur Top is on the road to immortality

Quote:
Originally Said by __Jasmine__ View Post
how'd you change the thread?
I just edited what I had originally posted.
Old 04-10-2009   #25
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Only a mod can change the thread title. All you did was change the title of the original post.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #26
Selur Top

Selur Top is on the road to immortalitySelur Top is on the road to immortalitySelur Top is on the road to immortalitySelur Top is on the road to immortality

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
Only a mod can change the thread title. All you did was change the title of the original post.
I know, but since the mods are all on "strike", the best I could do was edit my original post.
Old 04-10-2009   #27
Jugband
Andrew's spokesman

Jugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond repute

Pink Floyd used to be my favorite band, back when I was all caught up in that kind of stuff.

I don't listen to them that often any more, but I know most of the songs by heart haha. I still like them, but for a while now I've been listening to Ska more often.

Right now I'd probably say Big D and the Kids Table or something like that.
But even saying that I feel bad...it's hard to pick.

Jugband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #28
Selur Top

Quote:
Originally Said by Jugband View Post
Pink Floyd used to be my favorite band, back when I was all caught up in that kind of stuff.

I don't listen to them that often any more, but I know most of the songs by heart haha. I still like them, but for a while now I've been listening to Ska more often.

Right now I'd probably say Big D and the Kids Table or something like that.
But even saying that I feel bad...it's hard to pick.

Yeah, sometimes I find myself rotating between different styles of music. Sometimes I will go through stages where I only want to listen to death metal, other times I want to listen to rap. At the moment I am really in no mood for music at all, which kind of surprises me because I used to love music so much.
Old 04-10-2009   #29
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Selur Top View Post
I know, but since the mods are all on "strike", the best I could do was edit my original post.
Yes. Yes, we are on strike.

We'll get to it later. Or I am sure there is an older thread somewhere.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #30
Selur Top

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
Yes. Yes, we are on strike.

We'll get to it later. Or I am sure there is an older thread somewhere.

Yeah, I am sure there are plenty of these. It wasn't very original of me.
Old 04-10-2009   #31
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Ah, yeah. Braveheart. That's actually the first thing I thought of when you said that (vaguely remembering reading "LSO" on the back of the soundtrack).

It would be amazing to see them perform one of those films' scores live. Death.
I found out about this way too late to do anything about it, but can you imagine what this must have been like?

Quote:
20th Anniversary Version of 'E.T.' to Premiere With Full Live Score-to-Film Orchestral Accompaniment
Release Date: January 31st, 2002

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Jan. 31 -- Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment will unveil the 20th anniversary version of Steven Spielberg's masterpiece "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial" at a once-in-a-lifetime premiere event on Saturday, March 16, 2002 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with five-time Academy Award(R)-winning composer John Williams conducting a 100-piece orchestra in a live score-to-film performance of his Grammy and Oscar(R)-winning score. The occasion will mark the first time in history a non-silent film has been presented in its entirety with live full orchestral accompaniment.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #32
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by ablethevoice View Post
I found out about this way too late to do anything about it, but can you imagine what this must have been like?
Oh my...that must have been insane. With John Williams conducting...? *Shakes head*

I remember once hearing (and seeing! And...smelling...and such) my high school's orchestra performing some pieces from Pirates of the Caribbean; the coolness is almost unbearable in live performance (and that was just a high school orchestra--the one who performed the whole E.T. score and the LSO's work...again, death ).

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #33
BrockSamson
Semper Fi

BrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to BrockSamson

Top ten.. Hmm.
1. Imogen Heap
2. Social Distortion
3. Slipknot
4. Muse
5. Luda
6. Lucana Coil (I can not spell atm)
7. MSI
8. The Killers
9. 311
10. Korn

...4621 songs on my itunes...I listen to so many other bands as well.. BUT i listen to these 10 a lot.

Fuckin Right you are.
PBJT:
http://kuoi.com/~davidcb/sounds/banana.swf
396 LT1, 639 rwhp N/A
BrockSamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #34
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

Motion City Soundtrack or Death Cab For Cutie.

I didn't /love/ eithier of their lastest albums. But I'll forgive them.
Old 05-23-2009   #35
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

I hate picking one band. I like anything that I can relate to. That being said, I can relate to pretty much every single song Jason Wade and Lifehouse have written and/or played. For that reason, I would say that Lifehouse is my all-time favorite band.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #36
ROSEWITHTHORNS

ROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the roughROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the roughROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the rough

the Veronicas, Linkin Park, Simple Plan, you me and everyone we know, LIL Mama and Eminem