Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Poll Booth

Poll Booth Only post polls in this forum.

View Poll Results: What is the biggest age difference that you could tolerate?
One year 2 7.41%
2-5 years 5 18.52%
5-7 years 7 25.93%
7-9 years 3 11.11%
10 years 1 3.70%
10+ years 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2009   #1
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute
Age differences

What is she biggest age difference that you would tolerate between yourself and your significant other?

If it's not listed in the poll, comment below!!

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #2
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: Age differences

I have no age limitations. I'd take an old granny type if she was smart enough for me.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #3
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Really? You would have no problem with the face that when she was 60, you'd be 32 or something?

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-01-2009   #4
EmperorChaos

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

No, not really. Intelligence is and always has been the most attractive feature in a person to me.

I want conversation not copulation.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 02-01-2009   #5
krashkitten
peace, love, unity, respect -

krashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to krashkitten Send a message via AIM to krashkitten Send a message via MSN to krashkitten Send a message via Yahoo to krashkitten

Age does not matter unless you are a type of cheese.

(I have a magnet on my fridge that says that.)
Luke 14:26
1 Timothy 2:11-2:15

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it." - Aurthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Quote:
"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." - Edgar Wallace

krashkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #6
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I actually really really like someone from work who's 23. In some ways, the 5 year age split seems like a lot (she has her own apartment, she spends a lot of time in bars, she makes more money than me) but in a lot of ways now that we're closer friends, it doesn't seem like a lot. I don't know if that makes sense at all, but I feel like I could handle a relationship with her.
Old 02-02-2009   #7
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

I was just shortly dating someone two years older than me, and before that I was dating someone two and a half years younger than me, so I'd have to say 2-5. Anything more than that I think might be a little odd, just because of generational differences, and legal issues...

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #8
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

My father was 24 years older than my mother when they got married. I have no issues with being a bachelor until i'm 50 and then marrying a recent college grad.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #9
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I was in a relationship with a girl 2 years younger than me for like 14 months. (She's turning 16 tomorrow). Now when I talk to her, all her problems seem so petty and riciculous. I don't fight with my mom anymore, and I don't have pointless stupid drama about nothing. It's not that she's immature, it's that I'm so much more mature than she is, it's just irriatating to hear her talk.
Old 02-02-2009   #10
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

6 months ago I would have said 15-20, but now I know the effect that the age difference can have. So for me I would say- must be in twenties!
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #11
EmperorChaos

Narnar has an "old" guy addiction.
-=-=-=-
Old 02-03-2009   #12
Drogdar
The one and only.

Drogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond repute

Im 18 an my GF is 23... I don't even notice unless were talking about stuff we did as kids...

I love bragging about her to people ^_^

Quote:
Originally Said by foxy View Post
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Originally Said by YouKnowWhoYouAre
Ah well, she knows she's a bitch.
Drogdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #13
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

Before I met Tom, all of the men I dated were anywhere from 3 - 5 years younger. Tom is the first man that is older than me by 3 years. I know with my daughter who is 16 to date a guy that is 1 -2 years older is fine, but any more than that, you can bet I'm going to do a background check, have my son chaperone their dates, threaten him with bodily harm should ANY harm come to her. That's just a MOM thing, on my part. And for the record, my son has been warned, needs to be respectful and treat his date like a lady.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #14
ROSEWITHTHORNS

ROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the roughROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the roughROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the rough

so this one guy I had considered dating, Travis, is like 22 and one day I found out that he dated this woman who was like 40 who has a daughter who is 16. which is my age. so other than him, I would date guys two to five years older.
Old 02-04-2009   #15
krashkitten
peace, love, unity, respect -

krashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to krashkitten Send a message via AIM to krashkitten Send a message via MSN to krashkitten Send a message via Yahoo to krashkitten

Now that everyone's getting all srs...
Age is a very small factor in the people I date. I prefer my men and women to be intelligent, engaging, charismatic, and open-minded. The youngest I've ever considered going was five years younger than me; he was eighteen and I was 23.

Generally speaking, though, if I'm dating outside my age range, they're either two or three years younger than me or four or five years older than me. For the most part, I've dated people my age. My current boyfriend is exactly 21 hours and 33 minutes older than me - how much closer in age can you get? :D
Luke 14:26
1 Timothy 2:11-2:15

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it." - Aurthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Quote:
"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." - Edgar Wallace

krashkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #16
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Bamcubz View Post
Before I met Tom, all of the men I dated were anywhere from 3 - 5 years younger. Tom is the first man that is older than me by 3 years. I know with my daughter who is 16 to date a guy that is 1 -2 years older is fine, but any more than that, you can bet I'm going to do a background check, have my son chaperone their dates, threaten him with bodily harm should ANY harm come to her. That's just a MOM thing, on my part. And for the record, my son has been warned, needs to be respectful and treat his date like a lady.
Understandable, but you do realize that it's the guy's that are in high school and college that are typically (not all but generally speaking) are the ones who are mostly about one thing.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #17
Pittielynn

Yeah, my age limit for a guy that is younger than me is only one year. They are way too immature at this stage in their life, however that may change when I am older.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-06-2009   #18
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
Understandable, but you do realize that it's the guy's that are in high school and college that are typically (not all but generally speaking) are the ones who are mostly about one thing.
However, any guy who isn't high school aged who would date a 16 year old has some issues.
Old 02-06-2009   #19
Pittielynn

I agree. It's just too creepy. There seems to be a huge difference maturity wise between people in high school and people who have moved on and started to build their lives.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-06-2009   #20
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by pittielynn View Post
I agree. It's just too creepy. There seems to be a huge difference maturity wise between people in high school, and people who have moved on and started to build their lives.
Uh Yeah, but again, that isn't what I was talking about. And it's funny how girls around that age will use the word "creepy" to describe such a situation. But if they had a chance to meet and bang a celebrity that they think is relatively "cute" or "hot," that is also that much older than them, most of them wouldn't think "creepy" at all...they would wait until their parents are asleep, jump out their fucking window, and sneak out of their house, and go fuck that much older celebrity brain's out. It's a front that most girls put on that's based off of a double-standard, and that "I'm a victim only when it works to my advantage" mentality...so I just don't buy it. A lot of girls learn this at a very early age.
I digress

Anyways, I dated a woman who was around my age just few years older than me, only to find out she was easy and was leading me on. I was just something on the side to her little did I now at first and for a while. She was engaged...I had no idea...I found out through her own fucking sister who felt bad for me, because she knew I was treating her sister with respect and taking her seriously. She was 36...would you consider her to be mature? I don't think so.

Just a few years back, when I was 30, my friend use to manage a Buffalo Wild Wings. I used to go there to play darts, eat, drink, and hang out. Through my friend, I met this girl named Brandi who worked there as a waitress. My friend introduced us, and we hit it off. We then started hanging out together in a group with our friends for a while, and then eventually started dating. She was 19, worked a full-time job, had an apartment with roommates, had and paid her own bills (rent, car payment, car insurance, etc...), and was taking college courses sometimes full-time and other times part-time. When we talked about the age difference, she told me that she prefers guys that are around my age, because most of the guys around her age and even a bit older in their 20s were indecisive, useless, players, lazy, and/or all about one thing blah blah blah blah. She was really cool and a lot of fun. we had a blast together... constantly made each other laugh. The only reason why we split up is because she moved to Seattle for some serious personal family matters. Otherwise, I strongly believe that we may even still be together. We still keep in touch.

So when it comes to relationships and the "human condition," you can't stereotype or generalize. Every individual person is different, and come from different backgrounds. To each is own and if two people are happy together regardless of their age difference, then others should be supportive, and happy for them
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias

Last edited by Funk*Sonic*7; 02-07-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote