Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 09-03-2008   #1
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
My Daughter's Boyfriend

So, yeah, my daughter has this boyfriend who's really weird. He comes into the house, which is my house, and does strange things like adjust the thermostat to his temperature preference. For a while, the thermostat, in my house, was doing really strange things like going up or down by itself. I think he just pushed random buttons on my thermostat, in my house, and got it into some kind of program mode. I finally figured it out and was able to fix it, the thermostat, in my house, that is. It was kind of annoying though.

I think it's really weird because, you know, it's my house, and apparently he seems to think that as a guest he can do whatever he likes. I guess I was raised to believe that when I was visiting somebody else's house, a house that wasn't my own house, it wasn't my business to do things like that.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: My Daughter's Boyfriend

is this EC? remember dude, you CANT hide in disguise.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #3
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine
Send a message via AIM to cloud nine Send a message via Yahoo to cloud nine

I may have been raised different, as well... because i'd never touch the thermostat in someones house... whats wrong with this kid?

Have you tried maybe putting him on the spot?

Like... maybe can catch him doing it again, or hell, even better... bring it up randomly!!

...say something like "SO, just make yourself at home, did you? Comfortable enough for you? Here, this is the electric bill, since this is your house and all, feel free to pay that. Okay sweetie? Thanks!"

Theres nothing like being embarrased to get you to realize you did wrong, especially if it happens in front of your girlfriend!

God... what happened to spanking children, you know? Being punished for doing wrong, and KNOWING what the word 'respect' means.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend..." - TOOL - Aenima
cloud nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #4
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

is this a metaphor for the recent things going down on the forum?

If it is not then just call him out and put him in his place
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

That's not even how Madre talks.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #6
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Madre View Post
So, yeah, my daughter has this boyfriend who's really weird. He comes into the house, which is my house, and does strange things like adjust the thermostat to his temperature preference. For a while, the thermostat, in my house, was doing really strange things like going up or down by itself. I think he just pushed random buttons on my thermostat, in my house, and got it into some kind of program mode. I finally figured it out and was able to fix it, the thermostat, in my house, that is. It was kind of annoying though.
You could have asked someone if they knew how to fix it. Some people, myself included, are always willing to help.

By the way, what do you like your temperature set at?

Quote:
I think it's really weird because, you know, it's my house, and apparently he seems to think that as a guest he can do whatever he likes. I guess I was raised to believe that when I was visiting somebody else's house, a house that wasn't my own house, it wasn't my business to do things like that.
I try to be the same way when I am a guest to someone's house. I treat them with respect as that is the way I wish to be treated. This fellow probably should have asked if he could change the thermostat first. Maybe he did ask someone.... but not the owner of the thermostat.

Or maybe he thought he knew what the temperature needed to be in the house to preserve its value? Some people are strange like that.

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
is this a metaphor for the recent things going down on the forum?
Nah. It couldn't be.

A house is a residence, a place where someone lives, where they keep their stuff, etc. A house would have locked doors or a security system, maybe a watchdog. A house is the kind of place where one might keep a journal.

On the other hand, a forum is an open area of sorts (sometimes a market) where ideas can be exchanged, conversations can be exciting, and the company of others who might live far from you can be enjoyed. It is a public place that requires no invitation and anybody is free to talk to anybody else they want to.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #7
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

Quote:
Originally Said by Jasondead View Post
On the other hand, a forum is an open area of sorts (sometimes a market) where ideas can be exchanged, conversations can be exciting, and the company of others who might live far from you can be enjoyed. It is a public place that requires no invitation and anybody is free to talk to anybody else they want to.
or... is it? *DUN DUN DUUUN*
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #8
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

When he walks in the door do you attack him with stories and articles about Sarah Palin too?
Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #9
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

Did he merge the thermostat with the tv remote?
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #10
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

Give him a fucking good slap to be honest.

If someone came in to my house and touched my thermostat I would tell them to piss off. I would do it myself if someone said to me they found themselves cold. If they took it in to their own hands then I would be somewhat annoyed.

Is he attractive, if he isnt madre then you may find it even worse.

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #11
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

you've never posted a blog like this about your personal life. i think it's obvious what you're doing. who really cares?
Old 09-03-2008   #12
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute

Wha?

Surely not a political motive. Is she trying to say that islamics are coming to america and TURNING THE HEAT UP if you know whadda mean foo!

awww.... ITS ON NOW!

Old 09-03-2008   #13
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

it's on like donkey kong biotch.
Old 09-03-2008   #14
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's cool when you go into somebody else's house, drop an upper deck and leave.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #15
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

What is she trying to do?

Old 09-03-2008   #16
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

ok madre if you have such a problem with it you should confront him or tell your daughter and get her to say something to him. we can do nothing here for you. unless you want someone to ban him from coming to your house.
Old 09-03-2008   #17
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

To be honest, mod of mods, why do you not just talk to the boyfriend in person? Not even McCain would post messages in the paper about his people lol.

Old 09-03-2008   #18
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine
Send a message via AIM to cloud nine Send a message via Yahoo to cloud nine

I agree that the best course of action with this boyfriend of your daughters would be to confront him in some manner, let it be know that this kind of disrespect and type behavior is unappreciated and won't be tolerated in your home.

On an administrative side note, ALMOSTSMART has been around for quite some time now... I like to think that almostsmart has matured throughout the ages...

...too bad it seems some of its users, sadly, have not.

(edited for Panda's lack of recognition that when i said "page" i was referring to the .com we are all currently viewing. And FYI, the immaturity I'm talking about is certain individuals inability to GET over themselves, or at least try to emulate adult behavior... for instance, attempting to cope, adjust, or otherwise DEAL with things beyond their control. And if that just isn't possible, there's always another adult solution... you see, if there's a situation you cannot change, perhaps you should try avoiding the situation. As opposed to say, making a mountain out of an ant hill.)

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend..." - TOOL - Aenima

Last edited by cloud nine; 09-03-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: clarifying some users obvious confusion in regards to my post. (Do i need to get crayons next time?)
cloud nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #19
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

it's 7 hours old-how do you get that it's been around so long?

and how's it immature for US to respond when it's obvious that she's not just talking about her daughter's boyfriend. God you might as well just go suck her ass. Or maybe you can't so you're already so stuck up it.
Old 09-03-2008   #20
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I know no one in this thread is actually talking about the thermostat. But I'm going to.

My mom put a big banner over the thermostat, in her house, where I live, that said "68 ALWAYS" because I had a tendency to push it up to 70 or uh...75.