Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discussion related to technology, computers, and the internet.

Old 08-25-2008   #1
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth
Looking for a Cord

I'm looking for a cord that I can plug into my USB port and can use to input A/V. Something like a RF Modulator, but can be hooked up to my computer and I can use my screen as the input for a DVD player or video game system. I'm assuming something like this doesn't exist, but if it does has anyone come across it online and if so, where can I purchase it?

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #2
BrockSamson
Semper Fi

BrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by allBrockSamson is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to BrockSamson
Re: Looking for a Cord

Quote:
Originally Said by Orgoth View Post
I'm looking for a cord that I can plug into my USB port and can use to input A/V. Something like a RF Modulator, but can be hooked up to my computer and I can use my screen as the input for a DVD player or video game system. I'm assuming something like this doesn't exist, but if it does has anyone come across it online and if so, where can I purchase it?
Best Buy has them, and the also have an output so you could plug your computer into your tv. I dont know if you have a best buy close, circuit city has them I think also. I saw them when I bought an audio output for my computer that allows my audio to go through my home theater.

Fuckin Right you are.
PBJT:
http://kuoi.com/~davidcb/sounds/banana.swf
396 LT1, 639 rwhp N/A
BrockSamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #3
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god

My Best Buy and Circuit City are incompetent, I went in looking for a S-Video to S-Video cord and they looked at me weird like. If you can give me a technical name for the product that would be great.

Old 08-26-2008   #4
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

That's when you look for a different person or a Manager.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #5
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Anyways, if someone computer savy could give me a general idea of what kind of cord/converter box I'm looking for that would be much appreciated. I don't feel like walking into a store making up technology that doesn't exist.

Old 08-31-2008   #6
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine
Send a message via AIM to cloud nine Send a message via Yahoo to cloud nine

something like this?

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...requestid=1581

or this?

http://leewin.manufacturer.globalsou.../USB-Cable.htm

or this?

http://www.fadfusion.com/selection.p...er=20100402064

Honestly, a little more information is needed... it sounds like you want to use your monitor for video OUTPUT, and will need such materials/cables. Some (and from the sound of it, your) monitor(s) already have USB hookups, then you just need to get a standard usb to a/v adapter... you should be able to pick one of these up at walmart.

Let me know a little more, and i might be able to help you better...

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend..." - TOOL - Aenima
cloud nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #7
Orgoth
Mod In Training

I'm actually looking for something more in the A/V Input department. I don't want to bring a bulky TV to college, but I want to bring my PS2, so I'm looking for some sort of RF Modulator that can allow me to hook my PS2 up to my computer and it will display on my screen.