Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page > Back Page News

Back Page News Not quite front page material.

Old 01-13-2008   #1
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice
FBI gets phone cut off by phone company...

I honestly don't know what to say about this but I find it sad, yet funny..

Quote:
FBI wiretaps dropped due to unpaid bills
By LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer Thu Jan 10, 9:49 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Telephone companies have cut off FBI wiretaps used to eavesdrop on suspected criminals because of the bureau's repeated failures to pay phone bills on time.

A Justice Department audit released Thursday blamed the lost connections on the FBI's lax oversight of money used in undercover investigations. In one office alone, unpaid costs for wiretaps from one phone company totaled $66,000.

In at least one case, a wiretap used in a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act investigation "was halted due to untimely payment," the audit found. FISA wiretaps are used in the government's most sensitive and secretive criminal and intelligence investigations, and allow eavesdropping on suspected terrorists or spies.

"We also found that late payments have resulted in telecommunications carriers actually disconnecting phone lines established to deliver surveillance results to the FBI, resulting in lost evidence," according to the audit by Inspector General Glenn A. Fine.

More than half of 990 bills to pay for telecommunication surveillance in five unidentified FBI field offices were not paid on time, the report shows.

Assistant FBI Director John Miller said wiretaps were dropped only a few times because of the backed-up billing, which he said didn't significantly set back the investigations under way. He said the FBI "will not tolerate financial mismanagement, or worse," and is working to fix the problems.
CLICK TO READ MORE

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: FBI gets phone cut off by phone company...

I find it funny....but I moved it to the back page news because I didn't feel it was interesting enough to be on the front page.

Plus, the cosmic brutality thread picture is pretty. Hahahaha...
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #3
Brisa
The Missing Linx

Brisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divine
Send a message via MSN to Brisa Send a message via Skype™ to Brisa

That should have been put in the funnies pages lol. ya I know lame jk.
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #4
Drogdar
The one and only.

Drogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond repute

That is friggin hilarious... I wish that would happen here so I could use my phone again *sighs*

Quote:
Originally Said by foxy View Post
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Originally Said by YouKnowWhoYouAre
Ah well, she knows she's a bitch.
Drogdar is offline   Reply With Quote