Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 01-04-2004   #1
Fenon
Very Experienced Member

Fenon is just really niceFenon is just really nice
America?

This maybe not be a liked topic as this is an Americian web site.

You Americians like to talk about your BIG country, BIG cars, BIG cities, BIG apple and BIIIIG GUTS, so I ask you what is it your compensating for?
Fenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004   #2
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: America?

Don't forget our BIG army, and our BIG guns, and the BIG hole we will put in your ass.
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004   #3
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje

What a response. At least us Canuks dont have a crazy leader. Crazy I tells ya.
Hmmm ya know I like Americans. They're funny. They're our leader.

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004   #4
david
Elite Member

david has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to david

At least us Scots only have a massive debt to pay for our new parliament building.

Oh.
Old 01-04-2004   #5
superchicken002
Elite Member

superchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to superchicken002 Send a message via MSN to superchicken002 Send a message via Yahoo to superchicken002

Good way to put it 1337! I am an American and even though I don't agree with some things that America does... I still believe that America is the strongest... and its not that we "compensating" for something as you would like to put it, but rather that we are the biggest and strongest and we are not afraid to show it. I mean come on... someone has got to step it up right? Whats so bad about America?
Old 01-04-2004   #6
david
Elite Member

david has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond repute

Don't even get me started...
Old 01-04-2004   #7
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Scourge
Don't even get me started...
No please, get started...
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004   #8
makilwen

makilwen should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to makilwen

I love America. i don't agree with everything our leaders do, and we screw up some things, but that's the awesome thing about America. If you're gonna screw up, you can do it however you damn well please. We have all that stuff, BIG guns to protect our rights. Maybe some others countries are just jealous. Well , ok we KNOW some other countries are jealous because there's been some terrorism and such about it. Everyone hates the kid with all the toys God bless the U.S. and the princepals it was founded upon!! *grabs flag and runs around like a crazy*

~Hey baby, want a green card?
COLDLY PRACTICAL

"Omg, i've never seen a white chick in a Sari before!"
makilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004   #9
david
Elite Member

To be quite honest, I cannot begin to even fathom nor construct a comprehendable argument that would be read-able.

Put it this way, I dislike most forms of government with a hatred verging on vitriol.
Old 01-04-2004   #10
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

you know whats funny almost every country knows who the president of the US is but no body knows who the hell leads everyone else
Old 01-04-2004   #11
david
Elite Member

Worrying, isn't it?
Old 01-04-2004   #12
Guttermouth
Old & Wise Member

Guttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divineGuttermouth is divine
Send a message via AIM to Guttermouth

It's probably because other world leaders don't consistently make such fools of themselves that the whole world notices. and yes, it's quite worrying.
Old 01-04-2004   #13
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

The Aussie Prime Minister makes an ass of himself all the time. and he isn't well known but he does know which hand is his right, and which is his left

i disagree with the American Govt. in lots of areas, but i still think it's a bit unfair to generalise that all Americans think big of themselves, because they don't. Stereotyping sucks major ass.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004   #14
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

I'm american, and I disagree a LOT with how Pres. Bush is handling things--but it's the great thing about america. You have the right to disagree vocally. A lot of countries bitch about how we're big guns big egos, and all that good stuff, but those are the same countries that accept (in some cases almost demand it) aide from us too.

And not every american has a big and bad attitude about the USA. You're generalizing. I could say that all australians are crooks, all English are rude, and all Russians are drunks, but that's just not true.

[edit] I just realized that TJZ said basically the same thing that I said in that last paragraph. Uh, can we say 'i'm a ditz'?
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004   #15
Fenon
Very Experienced Member

Fenon is just really niceFenon is just really nice

My home country can be sumed up in two words Great Britain.
Fenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004   #16
david
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Said by Fenon
My home country can be sumed up in two words Great Britain.
... except it's really not.
Old 01-05-2004   #17
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

"Rainy weather, warm beer, cold chips Britain" more like it how do you like us making fun of your country Fenon?
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004   #18
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by trafficjamzombie
"Rainy weather, warm beer, cold chips Britain" more like it how do you like us making fun of your country Fenon?
lol warm beer.

hey America is the place to live for a lot of people. they can do shit here they cant do anywhere else. freedom of speech. religion and all that other good stuff...course, it comes with a price though. and if you arent rich, like any other, you get stepped on. but i guess that's cool, cuz it leaves you feeling nothing but like stepping up for what you believe in. and that shits cool.
anyways, i just wanted to post cuz i thought that warm beer was funny.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004   #19
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

yep i bet in England you couldn't go up to the Queen and give her the royal finger like we can to old G W
Old 01-05-2004   #20
david
Elite Member

In England, you can break into the palace and harrass the royals.

Or you could just empty a fuckload of H-bombs onto the thing.