Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Threads That Never End

Threads That Never End They go on and on my friend.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007   #1
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Out of Office Countdown

This will end actually in exactly 664 days.

Number of days left in office = 664
Number of days since Iraq war began = 1,470
Numbers of days since "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq = 1,427
Number of days since V.P. shot a man in the face = 409

Famous quote of the day - "I hear there's rumors on the internets that there's going to be a draft."

And since you all like this site so much...Enjoy!
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/05/01/...y-the-numbers/

All anti-Bush, all the time!
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)

Last edited by Madre; 03-29-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-29-2007   #2
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Out of Office Countdown

Number of days left in office = 663 days
Number of days since Iraq war began = 1,471
Number of days since "Mission Accomplished" = 1,428
Number of days since V.P. shot a guy in the face = 410
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Old 03-29-2007   #3
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't it be written "Out-of-Office Countdown"? With dashes and such?

I may be wrong. *Shrugs*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 03-29-2007   #4
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

hmmm, could be, but not sure how to fix, lol
Old 03-29-2007   #5
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

No worries. Well...Worries, but only minor, mostly curable ones.

You're not going to update this thread every day for 663 days, are you? I mean, it's obvious by how you're pining over every remaining day of his office how much you're going to miss President Bush, but I think counting - nay - clinging to every day may be a bit overkill.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 03-30-2007   #6
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

lol, yup, I'm gonna try.
Old 03-30-2007   #7
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Number of days left in office = 662 days
Number of days since Iraq war began = 1,472
Number of days since "Mission Accomplished" = 1,429
Number of days since V.P. shot a guy in the face = 411

Number of days since Bleed Black's ban = 1
Old 03-30-2007   #8
Guinness And Mohawks
So cut me open and hear me bleed

Guinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Guinness And Mohawks Send a message via Yahoo to Guinness And Mohawks

Madre, dont you think this is obsessive bordering on near insanity. i know you are really excited about the bush mans removal from office, so am i for that matter. but this is a little overkill. then again who am i to be so critical, this does however give me a nice countdown for planning a very large party in the honor of that date. i just hope this wont be one of the cases wherein the devil we know is better than the devil we dont.

Shamless Promotion: Check out The 2nd Ward
Old 03-31-2007   #9
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Number of days left in office = 661 days
Number of days since Iraq war began = 1,473
Number of days since "Mission Accomplished" = 1,430
Number of days since Cheney shot a dude in the face = 412

Number of days since Bleed Black's ban = 2
Old 03-31-2007   #10
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

madre, do you have firefox?

cause theres a nifty little add on that I have that you might like

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3792
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
Old 04-01-2007   #11
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Number of days left in office = 660 days
Number of days since Iraq war began = 1,474
Number of days since "Mission Accomplished" = 1,431
Number of days since Cheney shot a dude in the face = 413

Number of days since Bleed Black's ban = 3
Old 04-02-2007   #12
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Number of days left in office = 659 days
Number of days since Iraq war began = 1,475
Number of days since "Mission Accomplished" = 1,432
Number of days since Cheney shot a dude in the face = 414

Number of days since Bleed Black threw a tizzy fit = 4
Old 04-02-2007   #13
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god.
Old 04-02-2007   #14
Mr. Definistrate
I'm a magic man

Mr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond repute

Number of Days since Bleed Blacks "tizzy" fit: 4
Number of Days since Bleed Blacks Ban: 4
Number of Days since Madre lost an argument to Bleed Black: 4
Number of Days since Madre used sons administrative priviliges to punish Bleed Black for beating her at an arguement: 4
Number of people who hate Madre: high, and still pending
Number of people who think this thread sucks: Number of people at
Almostsmart - 1
Number of people that think Madre is a godess of any sort: 0. (maybe Madre has fooled herself, and then it's 1)
Number of stupid posts by Madre: 1,628 and counting.

"There is, after all, more social justice in a loaf of bread than in schemes for a fairer distribution of wealth. Putting it another way . . . Adam Smith, however unfashionable, can feed more people than Karl Marx can."
--Forbes article on Food crisis in India

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Little Jimmy: (Tries to pour cereal from box; nothing comes out) "Nothing...for breakfast?"
Announcer: "That's right, little Jimmy! Nihilistic Crunch comes with a little nothing in every box!"
Little Jimmy: "Gee wiz, Mister! Won't I be hungry for the rest of the day?"
Announcer: "Well, Jimmy, that's the cost of keepin' it real."
Little Jimmy: (looks downcast)
Announcer: "Nihilistic Crunch: Now utterly devoid of swirls!"
Old 04-02-2007   #15
Zanahoria_Picante

Hehehe...This is beginning to be redolent of a Mastercard commercial.

"Number of days left in office: 659
Number of days since Iraq war began: 1,475
Number of days since "Mission Accomplished": 1,432"

Concealing a secret adoration for G.W. Bush, tracking every last hour of his presidency: Timeless.

(It wouldn't make sense to say "priceless" as she's not tallying moneys, but days. *Ahem* Yeeeah...)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 04-02-2007   #16
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

A-hahahahahahaha!!! Rep for both of you!

Number of days since I've rep'd Rachael: like 4 or 5 or something.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 04-02-2007   #17
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

I will send you a bottle of champagne on the very last day Madre.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Old 04-03-2007   #18
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Number of days left in office = 658 days
Number of days since Iraq war began = 1,476
Number of days since "Mission Accomplished" = 1,433
Number of days since Cheney shot a dude in the face = 415

Number of days since Bleed Black's departure = 5

Bamcubz, I will be looking forward to it!

Quote of the day: In 2002, while speaking about childhood education - "Sometimes when I sleep at night, I think about (Dr. Seuss's) Hop on Pop."
Old 04-04-2007   #19
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Number of days until champagne flows Madre's way = 657 days
Number of days since Iraq war began = 1,477
Number of days since "Mission Accomplished" = 1,434
Number of days since Cheney shot a dude in the face = 416

Bush's current poll numbers - 33% approval rating and dropping

Number of days since Bleed Black's departure = 6
Old 04-04-2007   #20
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Mr. Definistrate View Post
Number of Days since Madre used sons administrative priviliges to punish Bleed Black for beating her at an arguement: 4
HA. HA. Oh my god.