Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 03-15-2014   #1
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute
The So-Called "Anti-Gay" Russian Law

Have you actually read the so-called "anti-gay" Russian law? It is published here from a pro-homosexual source and still shows that it doesn't coincide with the media rhetoric and lies we have been hearing...

http://www.comingoutspb.ru/assets/fi...ll/StP_law.pdf

The law applies to marketing of homosexual behavior to children, not what adults do privately.
It treats homosexual behavior similar to the way we discourage and regulate cigarette smoking here in the states.

The consequences of violating this law are only fines of $120-150 for individuals, $1,200-1,500 for “officials,” and $12,000-15,000 for “legal entities” and foreign (media) agents.

Hardly sounds unreasonable to fine adults $150 for trying to inculcate other people’s children with their subjective beliefs about sexual morality, but nothing angers homosexual ACTIVISTS quite like being denied access to the hearts and minds of other people’s minor children.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias

Last edited by Funk*Sonic*7; 09-15-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #2
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The So-Called "Anti-Gay" Russian Law

I've been using Reddit to view news stories from around the world. It's always interesting to see what Russia puts in a news article, then turn around and read what China put in theirs, and USA, and so forth and so on. Usually some details are missing from one and embelished in another... what's the word I'm looking for here.... pro....props....propapayi.... propaganda! Ahhhh the news.... such sweet sultry deniably true views of the world around us.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #3
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

One problem. A law like this is completely under the assumption that sexuality is %100 learned - that people can't be born gay. It supports the misinformed belief that children don't grow up in heterosexual homes under "perfect" familial circumstances and spend their lives confused and depressed because they don't understand why it's not okay to their friends and family that they have no interest in the opposite sex... or that they want to play with trucks and cars rather than dolls... or that they want to play dress up with mom's high heels rather than with a super hero cape.

Society creates conflict, even depression among children by defining such restrictive gender roles. Children have the right to grow up in an informed society. They deserve to have the right to chose who they want to spend their lives with. But a law like this makes the discussion of something as normal and beautiful as sexuality with children unacceptable. When was education a bad thing?

Anyway, when it comes down to it, a picture that has been floating around the web sums up my thoughts on the subject quite well:

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade

Last edited by Pittielynn; 03-21-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #4
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
Have you actually read the so-called "anti-gay" Russian law? It is published here from a pro-homosexual source and shows that it doesn't coincide with the media rhetoric and lies we have been hearing...

http://www.comingoutspb.ru/assets/fi...ll/StP_law.pdf

The law applies to marketing of homosexual behavior to children, not what adults do privately. It treats homosexual behavior similar to the way we discourage ans regulate cigarette smoking here in the states.

The consequences of violating this law are only fines of $120-150 for individuals, $1,200-1,500 for “officials,” and $12,000-15,000 for “legal entities” and foreign (media) agents.

Hardly sounds unreasonable to fine adults $150 for trying to inculcate other people’s children with their subjective beliefs about sexual morality, but nothing angers homosexual ACTIVISTS quite like being denied access to the hearts and minds of other people’s minor children.
Yeah but here is what is really is going on in the Russian Federation. Do you really think that a fine is the least of their worries? Do you really think this is right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgx6CWXbcTM

Or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_o-F5rimPc
Comrade Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Meh. Most of the kids today aren't learning anything at all anyway. Rest assured you guys.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #6
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
Meh. Most of the kids today aren't learning anything at all anyway. Rest assured you guys.
Touché

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #7
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

I saw picture on fb the other day that read: "The only way gay marriage could ever ruin your heterosexual relationship... is if you're gay!"

Lolllll

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 03-21-2014   #8
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Comrade Marx View Post
Yeah but here is what is really is going on in the Russian Federation. Do you really think that a fine is the least of their worries? Do you really think this is right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgx6CWXbcTM

Or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_o-F5rimPc
It's interesting how these videos just pop up. And even if they are true, this is a question of proper police enforcement. An epidemic of this kind of abuse justifies better police enforcement against it, rather than an abolishing of a law that's akin to how we treat cigarette smoking in the U.S.
But keep emotionally manipulating with those non-sequiturs.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Old 03-21-2014   #9
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
I saw picture on fb the other day that read: "The only way gay marriage could ever ruin your heterosexual relationship... is if you're gay!"

Lolllll
Yeah, stupid soundbites and slogans are what they use.
Old 03-21-2014   #10
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Another reason to be skeptical of any victim-card passion plays put out by homosexual activists...

Who fakes "hate" crimes more than any other?...

http://acutemania.net/anti-gay-hate-...ations-part-1/

http://acutemania.net/anti-gay-hate-...ations-part-2/

http://acutemania.net/anti-gay-hate-...ations-part-3/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lice-time.html

http://juicyecumenism.com/2013/09/17...-a-hate-crime/
Old 03-21-2014   #11
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
One problem. A law like this is completely under the assumption that sexuality is %100 learned - that people can't be born gay. It supports the misinformed belief that children don't grow up in heterosexual homes under "perfect" familial circumstances and spend their lives confused and depressed because they don't understand why it's not okay to their friends and family that they have no interest in the opposite sex... or that they want to play with trucks and cars rather than dolls... or that they want to play dress up with mom's high heels rather than with a super hero cape.

Society creates conflict, even depression among children by defining such restrictive gender roles. Children have the right to grow up in an informed society. They deserve to have the right to chose who they want to spend their lives with. But a law like this makes the discussion of something as normal and beautiful as sexuality with children unacceptable. When was education a bad thing?

Anyway, when it comes down to it, a picture that has been floating around the web sums up my thoughts on the subject quite well:

^ lots of "gay" kool-aid you been drinking here.

The idea that men and women are interchangeable, is the unspoken axiom on which the argument for same-sex "marriage" is based. This idea is philosophically let alone scientifically bunk and has profound implications for the way we view the world, the family and human relationships.
If same-sex "marriage" is allowed by law whether just by some states or nationally, all Americans will be required to adopt or conform to this view.
But this will be hard to engineer, because the notion of a unisex reality contradicts both our daily experience and the testimony of human history. That's why, the strong arm of the state will be required to impose this counter-intuitive vision on society. Getting the government out rather than requiring the government to govern morally, will have the same negative effect. The burden of proof is not on the people who believe a loving home with a mother and father will be what's best for children, but on the people who believe that a "loving" home that DELIBERATELY denies a child's right to either a mother or father is just fine and dandy.
Old 03-21-2014   #12
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Yeah, stupid soundbites and slogans are what they use.
Well kind of seriously though... behind most hyperbole is some kind of truth. You would need truth to exaggerate in the first place.

How would gay marriage ever ruin a heterosexual relationship?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 03-23-2014   #13
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's interesting how these videos just pop up. And even if they are true, this is a question of proper police enforcement. An epidemic of this kind of abuse justifies better police enforcement against it, rather than an abolishing of a law that's akin to how we treat cigarette smoking in the U.S.
But keep emotionally manipulating with those non-sequiturs.
Yeah because Neo-Nazis beating and torturing people is an emotional manipulation. And you didn't answer the question so one can conclude that you condone this type of behaviour.
Old 03-30-2014   #14
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty words do not make you correct, Funk.

Because of people like you I will never see the day when the world stops pissing in each others pots and views everyone regardless of belief, race, sex, political affiliation, brand of clothes, number of arms, disabilities, or sexual orientation as an equal.

Old 03-30-2014   #15
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts

^^ Communist.

Alba gu bràth
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014   #16
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

I guess you could call it a political ideal.

I think people should just be nice to each other, man.

Old 03-31-2014   #17
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Lol

Ya but what do you say about people who are always nice n shit? That you can't stand them. Or is that happy people? I don't remember. I think it's good if we point out belief, race, sex, political affiliation, brand of clothes, number of arms, disabilities, or sexual orientation in everyone. Because then I know who to talk to and I can be talking to them that much sooner! lol

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-01-2014   #18
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

I'm not saying everyone should be like a bad re-run of pleasantville. I'm just saying fucking be nice to each other, right? Being nice doesn't mean you have to say please and thank you every day it doesn't mean you have to talk to everyone you meet, and it sure don't mean you have to like everyone. It just means respect they are an individual, and respect that you hold no power over them.

Old 04-01-2014   #19
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Lol you are a communist.

I agree. Being courtesy and shit is a good thing. It definitely doesn't hurt. And you do hold power over them. The power to forgive!

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-02-2014   #20
Comrade Marx

Hey Savage Nature