Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Poll Booth

Poll Booth Only post polls in this forum.

View Poll Results: Which was the best Star Trek series?
Original Series 4 44.44%
The Next Generation 5 55.56%
Deep Space Nine 1 11.11%
Voyager 1 11.11%
Enterprise 1 11.11%
I can't pick. (Please explain) 0 0%
I haven't watched them (I'm not cool enough for this poll. :( ) 2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2013   #1
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute
Star Trek!!

Time to answer the age old question: which series was the best?

Pick now or forever hold your peace with the franchise (Live long and prosper).

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #2
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Star Trek!!

The best are probably Next Gen and the original series, but I personally like Voyager and DS-9 most.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013   #3
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

In order: My personal preference goes:
1 Next Gen
2 TOS
3 DS9
then the rest of them in no particular order. All the series' have really great episodes and really crappy ones.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013   #4
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Next Generation and TOS.

I'm rewatching TOS. My god there are some amazing, trippy episodes.

I don't particularly care for Voyager, especially toward the last few seasons. I never got into DS9, and have not had time to get into Enterprise. I do intend to watch it eventually. DS9...I may or may not try again on it. I don't like the captain much, and maybe I just watched all the wrong episodes, because they seemed to drag on forever....
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013   #5
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

Anyone try that new fan series Star Trek Continues yet?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013   #6
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, no. It's on my list of things to do after I finish my MA.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 10-02-2013   #7
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

I'm sadly not cool enough for this poll... Though honestly I have wanted to start watching it but between all my friends some tell me to skip certain series and other tell me to skip others, so I'm left with a collective 'Don't watch this show'...

But I intend on it, it's just a matter of finding the damn time! Haha

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

I have not watched or ever seen a single episode.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #9
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

The only series I don't really like is the original, though it has the best movies.

My order:

1) DS9
2) Voyager
3) Enterprise
4) TNG

Yeah, I like Enterprise more than TNG. Picard is my favourite captain, but the show didn't have the strongest episodes despite having the longest run. There are too many episodes that I can just do without. DS9 and Voyager, by comparison, have a better ratio of episodes I like to ones I don't like.

Here's my case for Enterprise:

It starts out as pretty standard: explorers in space. If that was all they accomplished, the series wouldn't have caught my attention. But once Earth is attacked and Captain Archer is forced to make some pretty dark decisions in the interest of defending the planet, it gets good. He's probably the most morally compromised captain. It's before the federation and all of its rules, and his ship is the only one capable of reaching that far into space. Archer is on his own and forced to make decisions that could save or destroy his home. It's a great role for Scott Bakula.

Also, T'pol.
Old 10-06-2013   #10
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

it was a close tie between Voyager and TOS.

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #11
Pittielynn

I do like Voyager but Janeway is just so unfaltering in her command. She never does anything wrong.... It's actually kind of sad... I love a strong female character but her character makes me think of how difficult it can be to be a female officer. Like the men can make mistakes, struggle with their morality and so on, but don't you dare screw up if your're a female cause that'll be the end of your career...

...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 10-16-2013   #12
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
I do like Voyager but Janeway is just so unfaltering in her command. She never does anything wrong.... It's actually kind of sad... I love a strong female character but her character makes me think of how difficult it can be to be a female officer. Like the men can make mistakes, struggle with their morality and so on, but don't you dare screw up if your're a female cause that'll be the end of your career...

True story.

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #13
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

I read an article about the difference between a "strong female character" and a "good female character." SFCs are like Janeway, totally infallible because the writers are too afraid to compromise her. GFCs are just ... good characters. They're like Sherlock Holmes. They're talented but flawed. Later-season Buffy would be a good example of that.