Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Science

Old 03-30-2011   #1
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice
How gullible are you?

There is a website I just ran across which was just about the scariest thing I'd read in a long time. It concerns the incredibly toxic and damaging compound called Dihydrogen Monoxide. It is often referred to as DHMO. As I read the site, I became more and more alarmed that so many industries are using this compound in our food and drink - and what's worse, they have been for quite a number of decades but no one knew about it until fairly recently!

Now that you've read the DHMO site, look at this and tell me you don't feel like a drooling imbecile.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)

Last edited by ablethevoice; 03-30-2011 at 06:40 PM.
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: How gullible are you?

I wouldn't be just because in my freshman year of college my biology professor gave us that same scare, and then told us what it is....and warned us to always ask questions and look things up, especially when someone is saying something that sounds intelligent.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #3
Tala
iGor

Tala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond repute

It's bad that so many science classes have drilled nomenclature into my brain and when I hear a chemical name I start piecing it together. Fortunately, dihydrogen monoxide isn't too difficult to picture

Similarly, we should campaign against the unwarranted use of "(2R,3R,4S,5S,6R)-2-dihydroxy-2,5-bis(hydroxymethyl)oxolan-2-[(2S,3S,4S,5R)-3,4-yl]oxy-6-(hydromethyl)oxance-3,4,5-triol" in our foods. It is completely unnecessary in food items and is very dangerous, as excessive use of this compound can cause serious midlife health concerns and early life hyperactivity
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
~ T. S. Eliot
Tala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

see why i tell everyone to shut up about "what's in our food?" because they have no clue.

how gullible was i to think everyone around me is a fuckin scientist?......... LMAO

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote