Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Gamers Hangout

Gamers Hangout Forum for game addicts. PC or console.

Old 03-03-2013   #1
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute
Warhammer 40K

Anyone?

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #2
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Warhammer 40K

Nope.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #3
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

*wallows in self pitty at what a nerd I am*

Old 03-05-2013   #4
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I played it when I was 12 or 13. It's just too expensive. But I love the concept, and all the lore. You're talking about the tabletop game, right? There's also a MMO, but I heard it was kind of a flop. This was years ago, mind you.
Old 03-06-2013   #5
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

The tabletop yes. And yes it is expensive. I have myself a good old noob marine army.

Old 05-16-2013   #6
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute

I use to play, but I really hated the guys at the games workshop, So I seld off my Imperial guard regiment off for $500.00. Infantry, Heavy weapons, tanks, SPA, and APCS
Comrade Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #7
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

never heard of it.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013   #8
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

It's like Risk on steroids.

Rules cost and gameplay wise

Old 05-24-2013   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

how much is it

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-25-2013   #10
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Unit of ten models for like $40C

Individual characters (generals and such) about $15-20 each

Vehicles run from about $30-$90

If you play armageddon games and get a titan they cost around $1400

Paints are $20 for a spray bomb and $4 for a little painters pot. They make a very nice paint that goes on thin to help with leaving the detail on the models.

Rule book $100
Codex $60
Assorted dice, templates, tools, $50

Adds up quick. Of course you have to paint your own models, and depending how fast you do that, it's not like you're buying EVERYTHING all at once. That would be insane. I usually order like $200 in models, then paint them over the course of a half year/year depending how crazy I feel. A month ago I painted two tanks, a unit of ten assault marines, and a captain, all magnetized with all weapon options in a week. I haven't painted since lol

Old 05-25-2013   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

wait, i thought this was online? it's a board game?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-25-2013   #12
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

There is an online game Warhammer Online. This is a tabletop game:

Move troops
Shoot stuff
Run/Assault
Turn change.

Old 05-26-2013   #13
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

put this shit on a bucket list

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-26-2013   #14
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

The game is really hard to grasp all of the rules on right away. The rulebook is huge. If you do start playing at all my recommendation is to just start with basic rules, how to move, how to shoot, how to assault, for the first two or so games, and then incorporate more as time goes on. In order of importance I would say:

-Movement/Shooting/Assaulting/Running
-Weapons, weapons, weapons, if your guy has a Strength 5 AP 4 Heavy 3 gun, what the fuck does that all mean? This and the above are the things I would throw into the first couple games, its like the bare essentials.
-Special rules (these are listed by certain models, things like Relentless, Fear, Rage, Unwieldy, ect)
-Moving through cover, using cover saves
-Vehicles, how to penetrate their armor, what happens when you do
-Other crap

As time goes on you start remembering things you have to do constantly such as how far certain models move, how to assault, what happens when a model with Fear is near enemies. It's a long process. I've been playing for a year and a harf or so and I'm still learning new things.

Old 05-28-2013   #15
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Also, it's not played on a "Board" persay. You create your own map. Some people have like buildings and forested areas and all sorts of cool stuff, usually you play on a field anywhere from 2'x4' - 4'x6'. Armageddon games (ft. the aformentioned titan) can span multiple large tables. On a semi related note, this is the army list I'm currently working on getting painted up to play with:

Master of the Forge
-Conversion Beamer

-Tactical Squad x10 men
Flamer
Plasma Cannon

-Tactical Squad x5 men

-Scout Squad x10 men
-Snipers
-Camo Cloaks
-Missile Launcher
-Sgt. Telion

Ironclad Dreadnought (in Drop Pod)
-Upgrade Storm Bolter to Heavy Flamer

Dreadnought (in Drop Pod)
-Twin Linked Heavy Flamer

Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Dreadnought
-Twin Linked Lascannon
-Missile Launcher

Dreadnought
-Twin Linked Lascannon
-Missile Launcher

Drop Pod (empty)

----------------------------------------Point cost: 1500

Oh the cheese, it's delicious.

Old 05-28-2013   #16
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

how do you hit? roll dice?

after you win? do you get to smash the other players pieces? haha

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-29-2013   #17
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Typical combat goes like this, for the example I'm going to use space marines tactical troops with no upgrades cause I know off the top of my head how the rolls work:

5 marines shoot at 5 marines, they are within 12" which is half range for their guns (the guns have the rule Rapid Fire) so they fire twice for a total of 10 shots.

Roll ten dice, you need 4's to hit, let's say 5 hit.
Compare weapon strength vs eneemy toughness, in this case 4 v 4 so you need 4's to wound. Let's say 3 wound.
Enemy gets armor saves as the guns only have AP5 and marines have an armor save of 3 and up. Let's say there is one failed save.
Enemy removes the closest unit in his squad to the firing squad.

In a close combat example using 5 v 5 marines (not including things like assaulting bonuses and other junk)
Compare initiative of the models, highest goes first, if a higher initiative model kills a lower one, he will not get to include his attacks
Use attackers weapon skill versus defenders weapon skill, roll
Armor saves as normal if a low enough AP is not present.

In a scenario where a model gets hit by a AP1 weapon with an armor save of 2 and up it would not get this save. However, if it had an invulnerable save it could still take this.

There is also psykers, magic and shit basically. I like tanks. Everyone laughed at me, taking a tanks in a marine list, until I shot them to death.

Old 05-29-2013   #18
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

I think this would be great if you could smash the pieces you killed. Say your guy kills him with a flamethrower, bust out your lighter and torch it lol.

shit, imagine the game being played if nobody wants their piece to get smashed. I imagine these games take forever sometimes. Like a chess game. I love chess.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-30-2013   #19
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

It's like chess on steroids yeah. A mutant superpowered steroid. And I guess if you and a friend wanted to play that way no one could stop you. I wouldn't play with someone in that manner (smashing and such) cause it takes so fucking long to paint and build and shit.

Occaisionally something insane happens, like my one space marine fought a squad of 12 or so tyranids. They assaulted, wiped out everyone but him, and he killed a bunch lasting the entire game and holding them there. He got a sexy wash to give him shadow details and honour ribbons galore. I also changed his one arm so he was tossing a grenade and holding his gun in the other hand. I call him Sanchez. His eye slits also got painted an ominous red.

Old 05-30-2013   #20
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature View Post
I wouldn't play with someone in that manner (smashing and such) cause it takes so fucking long to paint and build and shit.
yes, but imagine your game... You'd be so precise with all your moves. if you win, no harm done. you smash his. you try to stay undefeated. they should hold tournaments n shit. so whoever lost, can come back in like 6 months and get revenge! lol imagine a reigning leader. never changed his pieces. you know everyone wants to.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina