Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 07-17-2006   #1
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Our President Is SOO Funny!!

Open mouth....insert foot.

III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
The second I saw that story I knew you would post this on the front page.

It happens quite often to politicians, most notably including Cynthia McKinney, Prince Charles, and Ronald Reagan.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #3
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice
Re: Our President Is SOO Funny!!

Crap. I should know by now that if Madre posts a video I may as well give up viewing it because ALL of CNN's video feeds are optimized for broadband and won't even load on my dialup connected system.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #4
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

Just watch the evening news tonight, able, they'll show it.

In my opinion it was nothing terrible; I can guarantee you that conversations just like his were going on at the table, they just weren't on an open mic.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-17-2006   #5
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

Demonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Demonica Send a message via Skype™ to Demonica

Wow, Pres. Bush says shit. What happened to the whole "i'm a christian" air about him?

Well, She is!
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #6
junki

junki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart god

Will someone just post what he said? Everyone on the planet is hitting the CNN site and slowing it down.
junki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #7
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Here's a section from an article on Yahoo about it:

Quote:
Bush expressed his frustration with the
United Nations and his disgust with the militant Islamic group and its backers in Syria as he talked to British Prime Minister Tony Blair during the closing lunch at the Group of Eight summit.

"See the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s--- and it's over," Bush told Blair as he chewed on a buttered roll.

He told Blair he felt like telling U.N. Secretary-General
Kofi Annan, who visited the gathered leaders, to get on the phone with Syrian President Bashar Assad to "make something happen." He suggested Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice might visit the region soon.
Old 07-17-2006   #8
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

Demonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by MYSELF
Wow, Pres. Bush says shit. What happened to the whole "i'm a christian" air about him?
That's all you need to know. Pres. Bush said the 's' word.... Very, very humiliating to the US population. Poor man doesn't even know that he is so dumb.

Well, She is!
Old 07-17-2006   #9
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
Originally Said by UnderDevelopment
That's all you need to know. Pres. Bush said the 's' word.... Very, very humiliating to the US population. Poor man doesn't even know that he is so dumb.
I hope you're not serious. If you don't think that politicians cuss, you're naive.

Also, my mother is a devout Christian, I've heard her curse many times, people aren't perfect.
Old 07-17-2006   #10
junki

junki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart god

Shit, the shit Bush said was right on target.
junki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #11
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

I never said that they didn't curse. I said it makes us look bad. It's only an opinion. for god's sake, he was on the record...

Well, She is!
Old 07-17-2006   #12
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Well technically he was off the record since he didn't know it was being recorded.
Old 07-17-2006   #13
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

Incidentally, he is now on it. I'm just saying. I mean, think of who he was talking to. Tony Blair got so quiet you could probably hear a pin drop.

Well, She is!
Old 07-17-2006   #14
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Umm...no he doesn't. If you listen to the audio after the president lets the word fly Mr. Blair says something else, it's just unintelligible.
Old 07-17-2006   #15
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

You win. I must be hearing those damn voices again. Oh well * shakes hand*

Well, She is!
Old 07-17-2006   #16
Zero
Super Moderator

Zero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Zero

I don't think this shit matters.

Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #17
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

only thing i think is funny is he is stuffing his face while blair tries to talk to him.. hahaha foooooooood
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #18
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

Why the fuck is this on the front page? Only trolls would care as much as to put this on the front page. Put this in Jokes/Comedy, or General, or Backpage news, or hell, even all three. Just get it off the front page.

OMIGOD! Our leader said 'shit'! Isnt thta against the constitution!? IMPEACH him! I demand IMPEACHMENT!

Last edited by Demento; 07-17-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #19
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

this is a story?

shit who cares?
i said shit, put me on the front page of every newspaper.
i'm glad he said shit. fuck censorship.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #20
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

its not even the usual bush-bashing that bothers me. Its the fact that Madre finds that a leader saying 'shit' is news enough for the front page.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote