Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Gamers Hangout

Gamers Hangout Forum for game addicts. PC or console.

Old 05-09-2006   #1
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Mystic Thunder
Final Fantasy XIII

I am starting this topic!!!!

anyway here goes.

Final Fantasy XIII

Publisher: Square Enix
Platform: PlayStation 3
Genre: RPG
Origin: Japan, US
Release: TBA

Square Enix has officially announced Final Fantasy XIII. Unlike previous games in the series, Final Fantasy XIII will encompass the simultaneous development of original titles for numerous platforms, including PlayStation 3 and mobile phones.

The Final Fantasy XIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis is the name of the project, the subtitle means "The new tale of the crystal" in Latin.

Three titles have been announced: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Final Fantasy Agito XIII. Each project features different characters, worlds and stories based on and expand upon a common mythos.

Final Fantasy XIII for PlayStation 3 is the first project of the FFXIII series. The game will be directed by Motomu Toriyama (FFVII, FFX, FFX-2), producer is Yoshinori Kitase; character designer is Tetsuya Nomura, art director is Isamu Kamikokuryo, main theme designer is Nobuo Uematsu and composer is Masashi Hamauzu. The theme of the game is "A tale of souls from a futuristic civilzation illuminated by the Light of the Crystal"

Second title in the FFXIII series is Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PlayStation 3. A wholly independent story unfolding a different world with different characters. This title will appear alongside Final Fantasy XIII on PS3. When coupled with FFXIII, FF Versus XIII completes the core of the FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS project.

This game will be produced by Shinji Hashimoto, director and character designer is Tetsuya Nomura; movie director is Takeshi Nozue (FFIX, FFX, FFVIIAC, KH), and composer is Yoko Shimomura (Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve, Kingdom Hearts).

The description of the game is "Harmony is realized in this alternative tale of Final Fantasy XIII".

The third game in the FFXIII series is Final Fantasy Agito XIII for mobile phone, which offers players easy on-the-go access to the Final Fantasy XIII universe. Utilizing gameplay functions only available through mobile phones, this game provide players with a unique take on a story accessible anywhere their real-time adventures may take them. This game is directed by Hajime Tabata (Before Crisis: FFVII), and produced by Kousei Ito (Before Crisis, FFVII)

Mystic Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #2
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Final Fantasy XIII

I just exploded.

This is muy nice.

I can't wait (though I will probably have to for 12 years or so).
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #3
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light

ohh totally. especially with the price of the ps3.
Old 05-11-2006   #4
n-a31
Newbie Member

n-a31 is on a distinguished road

preety coooll game.....
n-a31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #5
Guinness And Mohawks
So cut me open and hear me bleed

Guinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Guinness And Mohawks Send a message via Yahoo to Guinness And Mohawks

Quote:
Originally Said by Mystic Thunder
ohh totally. especially with the price of the ps3.
Quote:
Originally Said by Psxextreme
Sony PS3 Release Date
United States - November 17th, 2006
Europe - November 17th, 2006
Australia - November 17th, 2006
Japan - November 11th, 2006

Playstation 3 Price
20GB Version - $499(499 euros in Europe)
60GB version - $599 (599 euros in Europe)

Units Available at Launch
Sony announced that they are planning to have 2 million PS3 units available for launch, and another 2 million by end of 2006.

so start saving now, and the money should not be an issue. in fact considering the base model of the ps3 costs $494 to make per unit. its like shafting sony in the process.

Shamless Promotion: Check out The 2nd Ward
Guinness And Mohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #6
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

i am actully thinking of NOT buying a ps3 now since i read on www.the-magicboc.com that the ps3 will not have 2d games because it is not suitable for the system.

that makes it suck in my opinion.
Old 05-17-2006   #7
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

We may be on the verge of boycotting the PS3, huh?

That is sad because I've already denounced the 360.

Thank you Nintendo DS.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Old 05-17-2006   #8
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

Demonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Demonica Send a message via Skype™ to Demonica

...what is the gaming world coming to when an American male will not buy a ps3?

Well, She is!
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #9
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

It's coming to a close...mainly because I account for 9% of all video games sales in America.

Without me purchasing from Sony's hybrid devilware stock, there will be no future for Blue-Ray technology.

Old 05-23-2006   #10
Cloud
Cool Canadian

Cloud has a spectacular aura aboutCloud has a spectacular aura aboutCloud has a spectacular aura about

This new game does look good graphically, but no FF game can ever compare too FF7
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #11
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

dude. 4 owns 7 in my opinion. Heck even 6.
Final Fantasy 7 is one of the worlds most over rated games EVER
Old 06-06-2006   #12
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

6 is better...don't know about 4.

Cecil was a wuss.

Old 06-06-2006   #13
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

all i know is, Final Fantasy Tactics better be made soon for the 360.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #14
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

I love final fantasy 7 and all but it seriously is over rated.

and after people say they CRIED after Areis died.....welp thats just wrong.
Old 06-20-2006   #15
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

I didn't cry...I debated the physics of the Masamune's entry and exit points on Aerith's body.

Old 06-21-2006   #16
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

it wasn't a big deal for me.