Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Gamers Hangout

Gamers Hangout Forum for game addicts. PC or console.

Old 05-11-2004   #1
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle
Vice City prob

I've just bought GTA:VC on PS2 (Best freakin games EVER!!!) anyways I've gotten really far in the game and only saved on 2 slot thingies. At the beginning where it automatically loads the game the screen says "Load sucessful" but the screen stays black & doesn't load anything. I've taken the memory card out and the game runs fine & the card loads other games. Wat can I do? The 2nd saved game i have is really far back & I don't want to loose my game.

Help!!!
Old 05-11-2004   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: Vice City prob

well from the sounds of it...i think the only logical thing to do here, is Throw the game away.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by MystikA

but what you do is ask one of your friends who's played at to let you borrow their memory card. then you could use one of their saves so you don't have to start all over.

seriously though, I want that game.

yeah. see i didnt think of that. so instead of throwing the game away, sazzle...you should just do what mystika said, and just give him the game. :D

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-15-2004   #4
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

u smell....like a poopyrella....Im not giving u the game because we live on different continents, seriously do u know how 2 fix it?
Old 05-15-2004   #5
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

Smells like a poopyrella? Mwaha, someone got owned! Have you tried loading it onto someone else's ps2? Or opening the tray and closing it? Or just shaking the shit out of the machine and saying "WHY THE HELL WON'T YOU LOAD!?!?"
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #6
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Narnar
Or just shaking the shit out of the machine and saying "WHY THE HELL WON'T YOU LOAD!?!?"
you know everyone overlooks this very simple solution.......90% of the time thats all thats needed....and if that doesn't work you could try combinations of "FUCKING WORK YOU FUCKER!!!" or "PIECE OF CRAP, IF YOU DON'T WORK IM GONNA THROW YOU OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW!!!"....if this doesn't work then you could just try what was already posted

...oh also you could of for starters put this in the right forum....this is general...for well general stuff...not gamer's hangout forum..
Old 05-15-2004   #7
underthebridge
Trainee Member

underthebridge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to underthebridge

Um, is the disk scratched wihich might cause loading problems maybe!? or try it with a friends copy of the game until you get past the point your at at the mo and then try loading from there.
underthebridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by NarNar
"WHY THE HELL WON'T YOU LOAD!?!?"
ohh man, that was funny...only because i've probably said those words before! hahaha

Quote:
Originally Said by Psychosis
try combinations of "FUCKING WORK YOU FUCKER!!!" or "PIECE OF CRAP, IF YOU DON'T WORK IM GONNA THROW YOU OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW!!!"...
yeah. that's always good. what you do is, you look at the console, feel for it, act frustrated as hell ( you will be) then talk to it soft and slow, 'ok you mother fucker. youre going to work. got it? you stupid asshole piece of shit ass crap. fuck you! *start building ur rage now* U stupid fuck. why the fuck wont u fucking work u fucking shithead! ur stupid you fucking asshole!!!'

Quote:
Originally Said by sazzle
u smell....like a poopyrella....Im not giving u the game because we live on different continents, seriously do u know how 2 fix it?
umm, one thing. dont ever say that word again, ok?

Get a new memory card. Buy a new game. more than likely its the card. its shit. Start a new game. it isnt that hard, espcially with the codes. R2,R2,L1,R2 left down right up, left down right up.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-15-2004   #9
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo2
espcially with the codes. R2,R2,L1,R2 left down right up, left down right up.
isn't that the code that make you commit suicide??
Old 05-15-2004   #10
psylo_42
Experienced Member

psylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divine

It depends on how long you've had that memory card. Over time, the more you save games the faster you're mem card goes shitty. I've went through four memory cards that did that. You're solution is to get a new mem card or borrow one from a friend and START A NEW GAME, I really hate it when that happens.
Humans were meant to work and sweat to earn a living. Those who try to get rich quick or live at the expense of others, all get divine retribution somewhere along the line. That's the lesson. Unfortunately, we quickly forget the lessons we've learned and then we have to learn them all over again. - Jet

Survival of the fittest is the law of nature. We decieve or we are decieved. Thus we flourish or perish. Nothing good ever happened to me when I trusted others. That is the lesson. - Faye

Lesson Lesson!? If you see a stranger, follow him. - Edward

What's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge - Spike
psylo_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Psychosis
isn't that the code that make you commit suicide??

no way man. that's the weapons code. lol for the GTA3 though. not vicecity. whoops.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-16-2004   #12
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts

It turns your charcater into a naked Lara Croft in that game.

;)

Alba gu bràth
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004   #13
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

meh.. i have all the codes memorized... im a 1337 cheater...

r1 r2 l1 r2 left down right up left down rigth up up up - best weps

and so on a so forth
Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004   #14
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

get a second memory card and copy your saved game to the new mem. card. see if that works. otherwise clean the game. if neither work start over and hope for the best.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote