Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 05-27-2007   #21
Kenji
HD Gamer

Kenji will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Kenji Send a message via Skype™ to Kenji
Re: Linkin Park: ]\/[ | ]\[ U + E S 2 ]\/[ | |> ]\[ | G |-| +

I used to be an LP fan, now I'm not a fan but I occasionally listen to them. IMO, Meteora was their best album, and Minutes to Midnight is one of the worst albums I ever got.
Listening to:
Leaves' Eyes - Michiru Yamane
Reading:
The Husband, by Dean Kootz
Watching:
Grey's Anatomy - House M.D.
Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #22
Kenji
HD Gamer

Kenji will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Kenji Send a message via Skype™ to Kenji

and yeah, the title sucks goat balls :\
Listening to:
Leaves' Eyes - Michiru Yamane
Reading:
The Husband, by Dean Kootz
Watching:
Grey's Anatomy - House M.D.
Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #23
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

neomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart god

do you even know what the doomsday clock is?

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." -Robert Bolt

"To teach how to live without certainty and yet without being paralysed by hesitation is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can do for those who study it." -Bertrand Russell
neomp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #24
SmartAlready
Newbie Member

SmartAlready can only hope to improve

neomp5
clueless idiot

^^^^^^^^^^ - says it all !!

ANYBODY who trys to base an argument about 'real' music on the foundation of Linkin Park, has definately got a screw loose ...what a whacko !

Clueless idiot.

Last edited by SmartAlready; 05-29-2007 at 02:34 AM. Reason: needed to be edited !
SmartAlready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #25
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

neomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart god

always nice to hear 93 year old antarcticans preach about reality

probably another metallica fan

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." -Robert Bolt

"To teach how to live without certainty and yet without being paralysed by hesitation is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can do for those who study it." -Bertrand Russell
Old 05-29-2007   #26
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I finally got a chance to listen to the new Linkin Park cd through a friend of mine. I have two words:

BUBBLE GUM
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #27
Mr. Definistrate
I'm a magic man

Mr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond repute

First of all nootz, as previously said, I was calling you a noob, not a trash noob. Second, Emperor is totally right, most of you Don't have a friggin clue if you think Linkin Park is "real music."

Anything that is real music should stand the test of time, it should actually last longer than 3 or 4 monthes and instead last 30 too 40 years if it should even be considered "real music." Bethoven, Bach, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, U2, and many others have stood the test of time (fine, U2 and the stones (I think) are still touring, But they still pack houses every time and have great albums that still sell).

The Beatles Blue Album and the Joshua Tree both have more quality music in them than all the loser bands like Linken Park and Fall Out Boy have ever made or will ever make.

Sorry for bashing you so hard Nootz, Emperor is right again, but this is a stupid thread.

"There is, after all, more social justice in a loaf of bread than in schemes for a fairer distribution of wealth. Putting it another way . . . Adam Smith, however unfashionable, can feed more people than Karl Marx can."
--Forbes article on Food crisis in India

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Little Jimmy: (Tries to pour cereal from box; nothing comes out) "Nothing...for breakfast?"
Announcer: "That's right, little Jimmy! Nihilistic Crunch comes with a little nothing in every box!"
Little Jimmy: "Gee wiz, Mister! Won't I be hungry for the rest of the day?"
Announcer: "Well, Jimmy, that's the cost of keepin' it real."
Little Jimmy: (looks downcast)
Announcer: "Nihilistic Crunch: Now utterly devoid of swirls!"
Mr. Definistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #28
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
How many of you here must I embark upon a quest to teach you what real music is? Good music.

Blah.

Quote:
Originally Said by neomp5 View Post
by "real" you of course mean superficial and meaningless
he means these bands, neo. half of which you've probably never heard before, and neither has anyone else...and why not? they suck.:

LOL @ The list that's supposedly, "good or real" music.
how come there's no oldies in there? 50s, 60s, 70s music. if there was any good music it was certainly in that time.

311, 7 Angels 7 Plagues, A Fire Inside, A Jealousy Issue, A Life Once Lost, A Static Lullaby, The Acacia Strain, Across Five Aprils, Against Me!, Alexisonfire, Alice Donut, Alkaline Trio, American Football, And you will know us by the trail of the dead, The Anniversary, Anti-Flag, Appleseed Cast, Arcturus, Aria, As I Lay Dying, As The Sun Sets, At The Drive-In, At The Gates, The Ataris, Atreyu, Aus Rotten, Avantasia, Avenged Sevenfold, Azazel, Bad Religion, The Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Belle and Sebastian, Between the Buried and Me, Black Flag, Blood for Blood, Blood Has Been Shed, Bloodjinn, Bob Marley, David Bowie, Boy Sets Fire, Braid, Brandtson, The Breeders, Bright Eyes, Burning Airlines, Burns Out Bright, Camera Obscura, Candiria, Cannibal Corpse, Cap'n Jazz, The Cars, Casket Lottery, Cave-In, Choking Victim, City on Film, The Clash, Coalesce, Coheed and Cambria, John Coltrane, Cool Hand Luke, Converge, Crass Cross My Heart, The Crucifucks, The Cure, C*rl Up and Die (I never thought I'd have to censor the word C_U_R_L but apparently the server hates it), Cursive, Dan Andriano, The Dandy Warhols, Darkest Hour, Miles Davis, Dead Kennedys, Death Cab For Cutie, The Decemberists, Deicide, Desmond Dekker, Del the Funky Homosapien, Demons and Wizards, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Dismemberment Plan, DOA, The Doors, Echo and the Bunnymen, Eighteen Visions, Elliott, Everclear, Eyes Upon Separation, Fantomas, Geoff Farina, The Fire Theft, Firebird (band/project/suite), Frank Black, Frank Black and the Catholics, Franz Ferdinand, From Autumn to Ashes, From Here On, Fugazi, Full Blown Chaos, Funeral for a Friend, Gameface, The Get Up Kids, Glasseater, God Speed You Black Emperor!, The Goodlife, Grade, Grandaddy, Green Day, Guns 'n Roses, Woody Guthrie, GWAR, Hall & Oates, Hey Mercedes, Billie Holliday, Hopesfall, Horse the Band, Hot Rod Circuit, Hot Water Music, House of Pain, Hum, I Hate Myself, Interpol, Iron Maiden, Joe Jackson, Jawbreaker, The Jealous Sound, Jejune, Jeremy Enigk, Jets to Brazil, Jimmy Eat World, Joan of Arc, Johnny Cash, John Vanderslice, The Juliana Theory, Karate, Keepsake, Kind of Like Spitting, Knapsack, KRS One, Leftover Crack, L'spaerow, The Locust, Madness, Maharahj, Malevolent Creation, Man or Astroman?, The Mars Volta, Matt Skiba, MC Chris, The Melvins, Meshuggah, Metallica (pre-Load), Mike Ness, Mineral, Minus the Bear, The Miracle of 86, The Misfits, Modest Mouse, Moonspell, Most Precious Blood, Murder by Death, My Dying Bride, Naked Aggression, Naked Raygun, Willie Nelson, The New Amsterdams, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, No Knife, NoMeansNo, No Motiv, N.W.A., Phil Ochs, Oingo Boingo, On Broken Wings, Operation Ivy, Opeth, Pavement, Pedro the Lion, Piebald, Pinehurst Kids, Pink Floyd, Pixies, Plague Thy Child, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Poison the Well, The Postal Service, Prayer for Cleansing, Pretty Girls Make Graves, The Promise Ring, Public Enemy, Q and Not U, Radiohead, Rainer Maria, The Ramones, Rancid, REM, Recover, Reggie and the Full Effect, Remembering Never, Reversal of Man, Rifles at Recess, Run DMC, Todd Rundgren, Rush, Saetia, Saves the Day, Scarlet, Screeching Weasel, Pete Seeger, Sever The Fallen, Sex Pistols, Shadows Fall, Shellac, Sigur Ros, Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Simon, The Skatallites, Sky Came Falling, The Sky Corvair, Sleepytime Trio, Small Brown Bike, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Smoking Popes, Social Distortion, Songs:Ohia, Sparta, Stretch Armstrong, Suffocate Faster, Sunny Day Real Estate, Taking Back Sunday, The Talking Heads, Texas is the Reason, Thrice, Thursday, The Toasters, The Toots and the Maytals, Training For Utopia, Trembling Blue Stars, Tribe Called Quest, Tuesday, Type O Negative, Underoath, Undying, Union13, UpUpDownDownLeftRightLeftRightBABAStart, The Vandals, Very Secretary, The Weakerthans, Weezer, Zao
ALL These bands equal ===== Blink182.
CRAP

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #29
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

someone with that large a list can't be too selective about their music.

Old 05-30-2007   #30
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
someone with that large a list can't be too selective about their music.
You're a fool. A foolishy foolish fool.

That list isn't even the complete one. There's actually a cut-off to how much one can list on their profile.

And I would argue that I am more selective than you when it comes to my music. That's why I have such a big list.

But why am I even arguing this with you. You listen to Linkin Park and Evanescense. It's painstakingly obvious that you have terrible taste in music.

You (or PD) don't know any of the bands I mentioned, so you pass them off as crap.

The music you know is popularized and fed to you through Clear Channel and others.

The music I know is comes from devoted fans of music, who form their own bands and tour the country (in the process usually losing money) just to get their songs out there.

I've known many a band that has broken up because they couldn't afford to be a band anymore. It's not because the music sucked. It's because the music wasn't popular with idiots who don't know shit about music.

Take The Casket Lottery as an example, though they're not quite broken up. They've "broken up" before and then released a record years later.

-=-=-=-

You want to know why you've never heard of most of those bands? It's because you listen to popular music. Listening to popular music means that you are being overcharged for the admission to the show. I go to shows that cost between $5-15. It's there that I find bands similar to the ones I already like. I might buy their CD, or at least subscribe to their mailing list so I can find out when they'll be coming back around.

But I wouldn't say someone who at the pinnacle of his collection had more than 350 CDs, 30+ records, and dozens of cassettes isn't "selective about [his] music."

Hell, my best friend Matt had over 1000 CDs, 300+ records and hundreds of cassettes.

You just don't know what you're talking about. And nothing you say is going to convince me that you have the slightest clue.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov

Last edited by JaSunTzu; 05-30-2007 at 02:49 AM.
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #31
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

that's why yur list is so long, the music itself means nothing to you, only how listening to it makes you look to others. you like to look like a rebel, so to you, anything that's popular has to be terrible, which is why you said xero was good, and linkin park was bad, even though they're the same group.

by the way, i own no cds, and go to no concerts. it's only the music that matters to me, not what trophies i can show off to people. and that's why my list is so short, because there is so little music out there that actually gets it right, because so few musicians are in it to make music.

you'll also notice i made no comment on any of the "artists" in your list, i've never heard them and can make no judgement about them other than that they're obscure, which we both know is the sole reason you listen to them. your assumption that i was attacking them just shows the way you see music, with one side coughing up every dime they have to see corporate sponsored crap with absolutely no music value and are all bad without exception, and the other side being rebellious and unique by listening to wierd, obscure, experimental bands that the mainstream haven't even heard of, which are all good without exception, and both sides hating the other and their music, without exception. i call that conformity, you've become a demographic, you've crammed yourself into a box some buisnessman somewhere assigned you. you're a label.

Last edited by neomp5; 05-30-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2007   #32
Mr. Definistrate
I'm a magic man

Mr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Definistrate has a reputation beyond repute

And with that, nobody knows anything at all (with music) according to neo.

PD, Simon and Garfunkle are definatly oldies, as well as REM. WTF???!!! REM and Simon and Garfunkle are 10x better than Blink182 alone, not even counting all the others.

God, that post of bands is TLTR. I just quickly found those two. But EC, ur list is pretty long.

"There is, after all, more social justice in a loaf of bread than in schemes for a fairer distribution of wealth. Putting it another way . . . Adam Smith, however unfashionable, can feed more people than Karl Marx can."
--Forbes article on Food crisis in India

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Little Jimmy: (Tries to pour cereal from box; nothing comes out) "Nothing...for breakfast?"
Announcer: "That's right, little Jimmy! Nihilistic Crunch comes with a little nothing in every box!"
Little Jimmy: "Gee wiz, Mister! Won't I be hungry for the rest of the day?"
Announcer: "Well, Jimmy, that's the cost of keepin' it real."
Little Jimmy: (looks downcast)
Announcer: "Nihilistic Crunch: Now utterly devoid of swirls!"
Mr. Definistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #33
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

aw neomp5, you're missing a great deal of music not going to the concerts. not to mention all the lights and spectacular shows. people screaming, the energy!

sure you love the music...but actually going to the show and actually seeing the people who play the music..it's something else. i've seen Linkin Park back when they were only "Hybrid Theory"...great show man.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #34
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Neo, you are still an idiot when it comes to music. To say that I am being a rebel by listening to music no one has heard of is ludicrous. It's obvious you didn't read the list. Let me break it down for you:

311, A Fire Inside, Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, Anti-Flag, At The Drive-In, At The Gates, The Ataris, Atreyu, Aus Rotten, Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Religion, The Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Belle and Sebastian, Between the Buried and Me, Black Flag, Bob Marley, David Bowie, Boy Sets Fire, The Breeders, The Cars, The Clash, John Coltrane, Crass, The Cure, Cursive, Miles Davis, Dead Kennedys, Desmond Dekker, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Doors, Everclear, Fugazi, The Get Up Kids, Green Day, Guns 'n Roses, Woody Guthrie, GWAR, Hall & Oates, Billie Holliday, House of Pain, Iron Maiden, Joe Jackson, Johnny Cash, KRS One, Leftover Crack, Madness, The Melvins, Meshuggah, Metallica (pre-Load), The Misfits, Modest Mouse, Willie Nelson, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, N.W.A., Phil Ochs, Oingo Boingo, Operation Ivy, Pink Floyd, Pixies, Public Enemy, Radiohead, The Ramones, Rancid, REM, Run DMC, Todd Rundgren, Rush, Saves the Day, Screeching Weasel, Pete Seeger, Sex Pistols, Shadows Fall, Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Simon, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Social Distortion, The Talking Heads, The Toasters, Tribe Called Quest, The Vandals, Weezer

There, I removed a lot of bands. The ones I removed are indeed more obscure and/or local bands which I'm sure many of you have never heard of.

The ones I left are bands famous within their own genre.

And the ones I bolded I'm sure no one has ever heard of. </sarcasm>

Quote:
Originally Said by Mr. Definistrate
And with that, nobody knows anything at all (with music) according to neo.

PD, Simon and Garfunkle are definatly oldies, as well as REM. WTF???!!! REM and Simon and Garfunkle are 10x better than Blink182 alone, not even counting all the others.

God, that post of bands is TLTR. I just quickly found those two. But EC, ur list is pretty long.
Yes, my list is long. It's a work I've comprised over years of listening to music. However, the list on my profile is more than two years old. I've since gotten into many more bands but haven't updated it.

Quote:
Originally Said by neo
that's why yur list is so long, the music itself means nothing to you, only how listening to it makes you look to others. you like to look like a rebel, so to you, anything that's popular has to be terrible, which is why you said xero was good, and linkin park was bad, even though they're the same group.
No. I stand by what I said. Xero was good. Linkin Park was bad. It doesn't matter that the same members are in the band. It's how the music sounded that made the difference. I like old Blink182, old Jimmy Eat World, old Metallica. The newer albums are the same band but I don't like the music.

Quote:
by the way, i own no cds, and go to no concerts. it's only the music that matters to me, not what trophies i can show off to people. and that's why my list is so short, because there is so little music out there that actually gets it right, because so few musicians are in it to make music.
You're missing out on concerts man. Well, I don't know. You'd go to some crappy shows I'm sure.

The last line I quoted makes no sense. What musicians aren't in it to make music? You're saying that the bands I've seen who tour and tour and tour never gaining the popularity they deserve aren't in it to make music?

Quote:
you'll also notice i made no comment on any of the "artists" in your list, i've never heard them and can make no judgement about them other than that they're obscure, which we both know is the sole reason you listen to them. your assumption that i was attacking them just shows the way you see music, with one side coughing up every dime they have to see corporate sponsored crap with absolutely no music value and are all bad without exception, and the other side being rebellious and unique by listening to wierd, obscure, experimental bands that the mainstream haven't even heard of, which are all good without exception, and both sides hating the other and their music, without exception. i call that conformity, you've become a demographic, you've crammed yourself into a box some buisnessman somewhere assigned you. you're a label.
Okay. You've never heard of the artists I bolded above? I said I took out the ones that are indeed more obscure. But they're only obscure because they're either local bands or bands who I've seen once or twice when on tour.

You're the one making assumptions. You're the one labeling me as someone who only listens to obscure music. That's just not true.

You really have no argument here. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think I only listen to music that isn't popular. I feel sorry for a lot of the bands I listen to because these guys go out and give it their all and don't get noted for it.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #35
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
aw neomp5, you're missing a great deal of music not going to the concerts. not to mention all the lights and spectacular shows. people screaming, the energy!
all of which robs the music of it's entire appeal.

Quote:
There, I removed a lot of bands. The ones I removed are indeed more obscure and/or local bands which I'm sure many of you have never heard of.

The ones I left are bands famous within their own genre.

And the ones I bolded I'm sure no one has ever heard of. </sarcasm>
yes, because it's so much less rebelious to listen to old stuff. how much poplar stuff is on your list? is there a single one that currently has mainstream popularity? of course not, because that scares you, you want to feel rebellious. you were angry enough to say that outright in your last post.

Quote:
Yes, my list is long. It's a work I've comprised over years of listening to music. However, the list on my profile is more than two years old. I've since gotten into many more bands but haven't updated it.
so there's more yet to be added, yet i, who apperently listen to whatever is popular according to your last post, have 2, and only 2, artists about which i can actually say "i listen to them", and the rest i have to actually specify individual songs. 4 by disturbed, 6 by apocalyptica, 1 by slainte mhath, etc.

Quote:
No. I stand by what I said. Xero was good. Linkin Park was bad. It doesn't matter that the same members are in the band. It's how the music sounded that made the difference.
they were the same songs. this is what they played at concerts:

Rhinestone (Forgotten)
The Team (Carousel)
Reading My Eyes
The Untitled (In the End)
Explode (Part of Me)
Stick 'N' Move (Runaway)
Now I See (With You)
Esaul (A Place for My Head)
Fuse

the only ones that diddn't make it to their certified-diamond selling debut album are "reading my eyes" and "fuse", and they played "reading my eyes" at summer sonic last year in osaka.

Quote:
The last line I quoted makes no sense. What musicians aren't in it to make music?
most of them. as i've said so many times before, most music, in any genre, is fake. there are very few real artists out there. the rest just want to look cool or make money.

Quote:
You're saying that the bands I've seen who tour and tour and tour never gaining the popularity they deserve aren't in it to make music?
exactly, most of them will be in it just to create an image for themselves. music is a fashion accessory for most people.

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about if you think I only listen to music that isn't popular.
you're the one who proudly declared that, and your list backs it up.

Quote:
I feel sorry for a lot of the bands I listen to because these guys go out and give it their all and don't get noted for it.
so why not celebrate it when one of them manages to get their break and end up selling over 40 million albums? because to you that takes away the point of being a fan, you can't look rebellious by listening to something that's popular. instead you pretend that they sold out and became some corporate puppet.

i'll let mike tell you off himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo0bpo4PLYw

Old 05-30-2007   #36
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

I know one thing! Lincoln Park is definitely not a good enough band to have an ongoing thread about
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Old 05-30-2007   #37
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

you mean too popular.

Old 05-30-2007   #38
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Quote:
you mean too popular.
Popular to most 11 year olds. The new Lincoln Park is definitely bubble gum...just listen to it
In the music industry, usually "popular" means the more cheesy and less credible
Old 05-30-2007   #39
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

you haven't heard it.

Old 05-30-2007   #40
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Quote:
you haven't heard it.
As I've stated before in this thread, yes I have. I wouldn't say anything like that unless I have listened to it fiirst.