Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Poll Booth

Poll Booth Only post polls in this forum.

View Poll Results: What Is your King Of Beer
Canadian 3 7.14%
Budwieser 4 9.52%
Corona 7 16.67%
MGD 2 4.76%
Moosehead 0 0%
Carling 0 0%
Cours Light 1 2.38%
Old English 1 2.38%
Colt 45 1 2.38%
Export 0 0%
Kokanee 1 2.38%
Lucky 0 0%
Lakeport 0 0%
None of The Above 14 33.33%
Screw Beer 11 26.19%
Miller 1 2.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2005   #1
Lahonen

Lahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to behold
What is your king of beers?

Howdy, im bored so I thought I would start a poll on what beer you guys like. I will be leaving a bunch out because hey... there is alot of beer in this world. lol if your choice is not in there then choose none of the above and tell me what you like.
Old 08-30-2005   #2
weenessie
Needs to confirm E-mail address

weenessie has made a few great posts
Re: What is your king of beers?

Has to be.. none of the above..... Budvar.....
weenessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #3
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts

Half of them are lagers, not real beer.

But 80 shilling for beer, and pretty much any draught lager. Except Tennents and when it was about McEwans lager. Fucking foul.

Alba gu brąth
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #4
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine
Send a message via AIM to cloud nine Send a message via Yahoo to cloud nine

you know, considering your canadian i'd of expected to see molson on there, as well as Kokanee, but NO... your obviously NOT a beer connoisseur!

Cause if you knew hops or barley about beer, you would have reazlied:
ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT ALL OF THOSE BEERS ARE NON-MICRO-BREW, and from the U.S. but to boot, almost ALL of them are shitty ass rice beers!

damned tasteless watered down crap!

now here are some BEER drinkiners suggestions for that poll:

* Chimay (red or blue, IMO - Belgian beer, brewed by monks who's sole purpose in life is prayer, god, and beer. WOW!) - Voted 2005 best beer in the world by Drunkard Magazine

* Stone (Arrogant bastard or Ruination IPA... this is an EXCELLENT Cali micro-brewery!)

* Coopers (Australian beer, and a damned fine one... SCREW fosters!)

* Flying Dog (probably THE best micro-brewery in the mid west... plus all of their labes feature 'GONZO' art by Ralph S. Steedmen [sp?])

...there are probably fifty other beers i can think of, but let me just sum it up into 'classifications of beer' which should have been on the list:
Any 'cream' irish stout, almost any IPA (india pale ale), pretty much ANY pilsner from Germany to the former U.S.S.R., oh and my absolute favorate:
Any classic English porter... period.
(ladies, i can't think of a faster, more effiecent way to get me groveling at your knees... just BUY ME DARK BEER)

In conclusion,
I'm officially boycotting your poll, and say my #1 favorate beer has to be:

Flying Dog Brewery - Road Dog (a DARK porter, label reads 'Good beer, no shit!")
[Brewery located in: Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.]

it has all the elements of a good beer:
The flavor and armora are abound with fully roasted hops and barley, a smooth, malty texture which works well to tone down the usual heavy BITE apparent in dark beers, and it has subtle hints of fresh-roasted coffee, which give it a distinctivly smooth and delicious finish.

Yes ladies and gentlemen... I LOVE BEER!

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend..." - TOOL - Aenima
cloud nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #5
Lahonen

Lahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to beholdLahonen is a splendid one to behold

Sorry bud, but i dont know those beers, what I do know is us Canadiands sure as hell can drink. These are the beer found around our world and this is what we drink. (We can handle the hard stuff too such as screech and moon shine) but on the other hand im not a big imported drinker. Sorry to bust your bubble but I guess you can say this is a canadian beer poll. I dunno, what ever floats your boat.
Old 08-30-2005   #6
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine

Quote:
Originally Said by cloud nine
you know, considering your canadian i'd of expected to see molson on there, as well as Kokanee, but NO... your obviously NOT a beer connoisseur!

Uhh... did you read my post?

Old 08-30-2005   #7
Lahonen

ya thats why i agreed with you thats why I said it was a canadian poll i guess, did u read my post?...... ummm besides look at the age difference I just started to go to bars. Oh well enough is enough, if you dont like my list of beers then you put your info into my poll, besides I only drink 2 of the 13 beers i chose, the rest is hard liquor...
Old 08-31-2005   #8
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

umm dude...what happenned to Heineken? or Becks?

out of your list ive only heard of Budweiser and Carling...which i dont like

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #9
Guinness And Mohawks
So cut me open and hear me bleed

Guinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Guinness And Mohawks Send a message via Yahoo to Guinness And Mohawks

refers to name. thats my favorite beer hands down. my second is Alexander Keith's a, as cloud nine put it, an IPA. and third is Propeller Porter, cheap and refreshing and brewed in the city of my birth, Halifax, Nova Scotia. come to think of it, so is Alexander Keiths. but Guinness is still number one in my book. nothing better than coming home from work, drinking a few black pints and going to bed.

Shamless Promotion: Check out The 2nd Ward
Guinness And Mohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #10
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

It's funny here. Each state has "their own beer" that they're known for. QLD's is XXXX (pronounced fourex), NSW's Tooheys, VIC's is VB, WA's is Swan Lager, SA's is Coopers, and Tasmania's is Cascade, and the NT... drinks all the other states beers haha. Check this out http://www.australianbeers.com/

Not just because i'm a Queenslander, but because it IS the best, haha. XXXX Bitter is my fave. But i love Becks too. And i don't mind Hahn. They make a good drop

So who here doesn't actually like the taste of beer? I think it tastes so nice!! I can't see why people don't like the taste! Seriously. Like, i don't drink a lot. We used to go down to the pub at the end of the day, probably 3 days a week, when i was studying, and play pool/drink beer/guinness, but that was only for the previous two years or so. (but hell, even the old washed up drunks. or "regulars" knew us by first name!) I've finished studying now. Plus, i only really drink when it's a special occasion, or a big Rugby League match (the state of origin, or the grand final), or someone's birthday or anything like that. Oh, and christmas Oh, and whenever we have a roast lunch at the pub, or roast dinner at the sporting club. Or a concert actually. And my grandma, of all people, offers me a beer when we have lunch there. Hmm, maybe i do drink more than i thought I don't like drinking spirits though. Except the odd straight scotch. None of that nasty coke crap, haha. I think i'll go now
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #11
weenessie
Needs to confirm E-mail address

weenessie has made a few great posts

Quote:
Originally Said by SpudNuts
Except Tennents and when it was about McEwans lager. Fucking foul.
Are there actually any good Scottish beers/ lagers??... I can't think of any!!!

And I agree Guiness is good stuff (especially from the Guiness factory in Dublin... magically makes it taste better somehow!!).... except the fact that it seems to turn the whole of your digestive system the same colour.... well nuff said!!!
weenessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #12
Lahonen

I never went to the states before, but I have been all across Canada. I love taste of almost any liquor / brew but im used to my good old Molson Canadian. Its cool to see what everyones taste is, but seems I dont have any of your so called "Real Beer" on my list. But hey, its all good, at least you are still responding and teaching me a bit about your drinking ways.

To me drinking can be an art, if you know how to do it right, then you wont get a hang over. I can drink all night yet simple tricks such as a simple big bottle of water before bed, can help alot.

Last week was my first time in the bar. It's not as great as everyone makes it sound the only thing it helped me with was bringing a party back to my house lol. I prefer house parties by far, it must be the simple fact of saving money.
Old 09-01-2005   #13
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Moosehead is good.

Mickey's Malt liquior is good too.

Heineken, Pacifico, Fosters, Negra Modelo

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #14
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

Chimay.

Chimay!

CHIMAY!!!

Not only was this voted ---> NUMBER ONE BEER IN THE WORLD <--- by a multi-national magazine, but litterally, "for God's sake" its brewed by Belgian monks!

Their entire existence revolves around prayer, God, and brewing good beer... and having done this for QUITE some time, one can be SURE its a good beer.

All i'm saying is:
If you've never had a Chimay... your FUCKING missing out! So if you ever get the chance to pick up some Chimay beer, DO IT! I'd highly reccomend the 'blue lable'... but their white and red lable beers are also 'top notch'.

DRINK CHIMAY, DRINK REAL BEER!

Old 09-01-2005   #15
Lahonen

Quote:
Chimay.

DRINK CHIMAY, DRINK REAL BEER!
Hmm I wonder if I can get that in a canadian beer store?
Old 09-01-2005   #16
ag0ny
Drowning in your awe

ag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ag0ny

i hate beer, but if i would have to choose i'd say shotgunning real icy cold shots.

T o T h e O t h e r S i d e . . .
ag0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #17
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

'really icy cold shots'

has DICK to do with beer.

your post is completly off topic, and if i hadn't made a jest out of it, i would have deleted it.

=p

as far as chimay goes, you can get it in almost ANY liquer store that has a large wine selection, as it is considered to be an 'aquired taste' ...although i don't know why... cause chimay tastes better then any beer i've ever had in my entire existence.

Old 09-01-2005   #18
ag0ny
Drowning in your awe

ag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond repute

5.0 cold shot?... might want to revoke your retort.

Old 09-02-2005   #19
Lahonen

Quote:
'really icy cold shots'

has DICK to do with beer.

your post is completly off topic, and if i hadn't made a jest out of it, i would have deleted it.

=p

as far as chimay goes, you can get it in almost ANY liquer store that has a large wine selection, as it is considered to be an 'aquired taste' ...although i don't know why... cause chimay tastes better then any beer i've ever had in my entire existence.
as a matter of fact, cold shots are made by molson (I think) But they sure as hell get you drunk fast and are big enough to stay cold the whole time your drinking them hahaha (there small) but it is not a bad drink to me thats for sure, when you have little money and want to get drunk.
Old 09-02-2005   #20
ag0ny
Drowning in your awe

its 6.0 cold shots by Canadian. and i think its 9%