Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 06-11-2004   #1
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie
Recommend me a band

ok, i'm feeling a little open, so I want all of you to recommend me a band. As long as it isnt emocore whino linkin park shit, i'm ok. AND in all due respect, i'll reccomend a band for the sake of doing so. SO, the band I recommend is DevilDriver. Their an awesome metal band with Dez from Coal Chamber, yet it isnt like Coal Chamber, which had a rap-metal tinge to it, its more heavy, with awesome screams and drums to it. Since I love you fuckers so much, heres a mp3.

http://roadrunnerrecords.com/shared/downloads/Devildriver/Devildriver-ICouldCareLess(1).mp3

soo, what bands should i check out for myself ?
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #2
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recommend me a band

go away woman :p

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #3
psychopatpl
*PAC MAN*

psychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to psychopatpl Send a message via MSN to psychopatpl Send a message via Yahoo to psychopatpl

Every time i die, just heard it the other day from my friend, not exactly waht your into but htis is definetly not emo...

download ebolorama or just get the HOT DAMN cd ... its pretty good.
Old 06-11-2004   #4
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

Afro Celt. It's world fusion. There's some bagpipes and Irish stuff, some jazz, reggae, and stuff. I recommend the song "Colossus"
Old 06-11-2004   #5
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

Have a listen to Aleda.They are classic sounding rock. There's two songs to download here. http://www.aleda.net/music.html

Also i've found a site where you can get all of Muse's latest album 'Absolution' It's a fantastic album. http://www2.udec.cl/~juopazo/muse/
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #6
tynie

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

everytime i die is cool.

afro celt is trippy....just....woah

muse is very pretty....i like
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
Old 06-11-2004   #7
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje

You probably know them, but I recommend Depeche Mode; my favorite band. Love every song they've made.

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #8
psychopatpl
*PAC MAN*

psychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to psychopatpl Send a message via MSN to psychopatpl Send a message via Yahoo to psychopatpl

lol i missed the mp3 at the top... i like it its cool

did you ever hear of like... hatebreed or static-x or like ... um... shit what was the name of those crazy fuckers lol... ehh whatever ill think of something

this sounds very really close to static-x to me, just certain parts though... its pretty cool cause its not just screaming but theres other parts too awesome.
Old 06-12-2004   #9
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts

The Pixies

Alba gu brąth
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #10
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie

i second the pixies as being a band its very hard NOT to like, cool catchy pop but with a fantastic grungy rocky edge. first band to ever use screaming and the like as a singing style.

however, my main recommendation, as ever, is the deftones. you cant go wrong with this band, id recommend around the fur simply as i imagine it to be the easiest one to get into first, but ALL thier albums are phenomenal. onbe of the few geuine pioneers around just now. love love love love love.
Penie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #11
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

Here's a few more:

-Finch
http://www.finchmusic.com
-Green Jello (not exactly good...but with a song named "Misadventures of Shitman" you can't go wrong) I've got some if you can't find any.

-Atom and His Package (some of it's kinda catchy...not all is good)
www.atomandhispackage.com
-Lucky Boys Confusion
www.luckyboys.com

...I'll think of some more later
Old 06-12-2004   #12
poopy
The ?męgå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

best new metal group:
killswitch engage
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #13
HauntedMike
fear the hangover fairy

Location: Monifieth, Round-the-corner-from-the-place, Scotland
HauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divine
Send a message via MSN to HauntedMike Send a message via Yahoo to HauntedMike

Breed 77: flamenco metal, baby!

36 Crazy Fists...

Umm... *thinks of more*

-Mike
Old 06-12-2004   #14
corey182__
Newbie Member

corey182__ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to corey182__ Send a message via MSN to corey182__ Send a message via Yahoo to corey182__

The Networks

if u like Green Day, its pretty much all of Green Day and a couple of more goofballs in disguises playin more electronic/techno rock
corey182__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004   #15
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all

King Crimson - Tool like music
Lacuna Coil - Metal/Rock
From First To Last - Alternative/Punk
The Bled - Metal/Hardcore
Sunshine Policy - Ska/Punk/Celtic
Zao - Hardcore/Rock
Harmonious Wail - Bluegrass/Celtic/Comical
The Casualties - Oi/Punk
My Chemical Romance - Metal/Alternative
The Faint - Techno/Punk/Rock
VNV Nation - Techno/Electronica/Rock

Fuck Your Scene.

http://www.myspace.com/arikakaosa
Spread The Word
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004   #16
Chi-Master
Experienced Member

Chi-Master should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to Chi-Master Send a message via Yahoo to Chi-Master

Sparta is a great one

"Lucky in cards unlucky in love"

Rising from the ashes like the True Phoenix

Chi-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004   #17
HauntedMike
fear the hangover fairy

Location: Monifieth, Round-the-corner-from-the-place, Scotland
HauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divine
Send a message via MSN to HauntedMike Send a message via Yahoo to HauntedMike

Ah yes, Lacuna Coil, forgot about them.

Might wanna check out Nightwish as well.

-Mike
Old 06-13-2004   #18
tynie

i gots lacuna coil, vnv nation, and the casualties CDs already. Fucking cool bands.

Sparta is really awesome.
Old 06-13-2004   #19
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts

Fuel and Hed P.E

Alba gu brąth

Last edited by SpudNuts; 06-13-2004 at 10:29 AM.
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004   #20
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

hed(pe) is awesome. Check out "Swan Dive" if you get a chance.
www.hedpe.com

Oh, and I just remembered another band. Avenged Sevenfold
They've got some stuff on http://www.hopelessrecords.com/index.php?Flash=Yes
There's some other good bands on there too.