Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 12-27-2002   #1
specvassasin
Newbie Member

specvassasin is an unknown quantity at this point
twin towers

build a new world tower or not.......i think so to show we can be beat down but we come back for more.....
specvassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002   #2
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
I think it's already been decided that they are going to build towers or some kind of structure. You can see the new designs on CNN (the old concepts sucked). I find it interesting that the one that looks most like the old WTC gets the most votes in the poll. I think they should build them exactly the same, maybe a couple floors higher and have the first two floors be a giant memorial.

New York unveils new WTC plans

take a look at the gallery on the left, the article photo shows the worst one

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002   #3
specvassasin
Newbie Member

that is nasty lookin
Old 12-30-2002   #4
specvassasin
Newbie Member

i think they should build them the exact same as they were to basically say "f@ck you" to
Old 01-01-2003   #5
bobthemighty

bobthemighty has made a few great posts
fack you? well i think that it should be the same. there is no way for them to keep us down. Happy new year!
Old 01-01-2003   #6
surreal
Needs to confirm E-mail address

surreal is a glorious beacon of lightsurreal is a glorious beacon of lightsurreal is a glorious beacon of lightsurreal is a glorious beacon of lightsurreal is a glorious beacon of light
When will they accept my idea for buildings with rocket launchers on every floor?

The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful is to lose one's balance. After which no action can be trusted.
surreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003   #7
madboymw
Newbie Member

madboymw is on a distinguished road
I dunno....I think they should leave it alone and make it a memorial or something. Kinda like that OKC bombing.
madboymw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003   #8
Weasel

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Quote:
Originally posted by madboymw
I dunno....I think they should leave it alone and make it a memorial or something. Kinda like that OKC bombing.
But then the terrorists have won.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 01-05-2003   #9
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
firstly, does any one know what the leaders of the muslim religion have said on the matter?

secondly, i know this is a little old but, regarding the slaughtering of a christian neighborhood (i think it was morocco). could anyone point out a place in the koran where it says a person may kill with the context that surrounds that situation?
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003   #10
bastard_love
Newbie Member

bastard_love is on a distinguished road
they're pikon anyway...
bastard_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003   #11
Joismad
Newbie Member

Joismad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Joismad
I think instead of taxing us to build towers again we should use the money to nuke people. So instead of saying "f*ck u" with rebuilding the towers we could do it by killing them.
Joismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003   #12
Weasel

ummmmmmmmmmmm

no

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 01-13-2003   #13
ThSwam

ThSwam is on a distinguished road
I'm just glad they weren't replacing the towers w/ just a memorial that only shows what happened. I think the original towers would be enough of a memorial.
ThSwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003   #14
BigAppleTV
Newbie Member

BigAppleTV is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I completely agree that the towers should be replaced exactly the way they were pre 9/11. I live in Brooklyn and had the unfortunate experience of watching the second plane fly straight over me and into the South Tower. These designs are holding up the construction and it's insane. These construction workers cleaned the hole up in five months and that's unheard of if you saw how much clean up was needed. That section was ready for building over a year ago now and the city is losing trillions by not having anything there. Build the damn towers back again. The way they were!
BigAppleTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003   #15
Weasel

I dont think there losing "trillions", but yea, your right.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me