Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Poll Booth

Poll Booth Only post polls in this forum.

View Poll Results: Which is the best?
Warhammer 40K (tabletop) 2 20.00%
Warhammer Fantasy (tabletop) 0 0%
Magic the Gathering (TCG) 1 10.00%
World of Warcraft (TCG) 0 0%
Pokemon (TCG) 1 10.00%
Diablo II - Lord of Destruction (PC Game) 1 10.00%
Warcraft III (PC Game) 1 10.00%
GURPS (Role Playing Game) 0 0%
Dungeons and Dragons (Role Playing Game) 4 40.00%
....wut? o.o 4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2013   #1
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute
NERDOM

Mmmmm everything sexy in my completely biased poll.

Do that vote thing! Push those buttons! Twist those dials! AHAHAHAHA!!! YOU! Start pulling those levers!

Note - Role Playing Game as in, paper and pencil with lots of dice rolling
Also - TCG = trading card game

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #2
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NERDOM

In my completely biased answer: Bang!, Cards Against Humanity (nsfw), and Pandemic. None of them are deck-building or RPGs, but damn they're fun.
I like board/card games that a newbie can learn quickly so that we can have fun with people at parties without a huge time investment, although I am sure that games like Warhammer get more fun the more invested you are. My FLGS has tournies all the time, and it looks like fun! Alas, I am poor and lacking in free time.

Pokemon and DnD are the only ones I've played, so I'll vote for those.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #3
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/...s/zombies.html

Is a kick ass party game!

Old 11-24-2013   #4
foxyphoenix

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, that does look like fun! And there are tons of expansions, too...

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 11-25-2013   #5
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Hayyy Pittielynne,

You has 40K army? Whatsit? How bigsit? What army do you hate fighting the most?

Old 12-02-2013   #6
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for WC III, because Starcraft isn't an option! I am tirelessly devoted to Starcraft 2, especially to the esports scene.
Old 12-02-2013   #7
foxyphoenix

^ If esports are fair game, TF2 and DOTA get my votes.

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 12-02-2013   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

lol Mud used to be a deranged hydralisk. That's when he was a white kid. lol

Is Starcraft still around? I remember for xmas I got the Warcraft chest and Starcraft w/ Brood Wars.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #9
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

Two thirds of Starcraft II have been released, if that's what you mean. I suck at those games but always love the story in Blizzard games.

Diablo II is my favourite on the above list, but I voted for D&D because I was like "it's the most expansive and lets you do whatever you want," then I realized that it's basically just GURPS so I should have voted for GURPS.
Old 12-03-2013   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest gripe about videogames, is how you gonna release and sell an unfinished game? I hate all you people who "pre-purchase"

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 12-03-2013   #11
foxyphoenix

^ I hate that, too. With indie games it seems to be less of a problem. The big name companies like to squeeze every possible dollar out of you for limited content.

TF2 and DOTA 2 are both free to play on Steam (also free).

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 12-04-2013   #12
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

what are those?

I just bought Total War: Rome 2 during the Thanxgiving sale. 50% off. I got XCOM: Enemy Unknown for 75% :)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 12-04-2013   #13
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

XCOM is an amazing game. I've been playing through the expansion for the last couple of weeks.
Old 12-05-2013   #14
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

I know. The game is well made. Had it crash on me once during a battle. Now I save the game before I shoot someone. My sniper was killin fools left n right, then I took a shot with my laser gun and crashed the game twice on the same spot. I got passed it, but I've learned.

For some reason on Rome 2, after I end my turn the game gets all choppy. I think it's because I turned up the graphics to extreme lol. Fuckin shit, nothing plays perfect

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 12-06-2013   #15
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

I've had XCOM crash a few times as well. Once, no matter how many times I tried to play a mission, it would always crash when I tried to move a certain unit on my second turn. So eventually I just ended the turn without moving him and then the mission played perfectly after that.
Old 12-06-2013   #16
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Sir Kent View Post
I've had XCOM crash a few times as well. Once, no matter how many times I tried to play a mission, it would always crash when I tried to move a certain unit on my second turn. So eventually I just ended the turn without moving him and then the mission played perfectly after that.
Yup. Whenever I wanted to shoot a guy it crashed. I know from my Total War games and even Skyrim shit, that if you save the game and then play a different move, it won't crash. I moved another unit first, then I tried to shoot and it didn't crash. STupid game.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 12-07-2013   #17
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

I've actually never had Skyrim crash on me. What did recently happen was I swapped some armour on one of my house mannequins, came back later and the old armour was on the mannequin and also in my inventory, but the armour I just put on the mannequin was gone. Good thing I'm playing on PC so I can use console codes to just give myself the armour back.
Old 12-08-2013   #18
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

I'm Lvl 50 on Skyrim. I've had a couple missions glitch on me. I've got like 3 or 4 of the misc. quests that are glitched and won't let me finish it. I've been able to bypass certain doors that don't unlock when they should and shit like that using console.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 08-08-2014   #19
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting for my video game contacts. Until those are invented, I'm going with Haven and Hearth

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014   #20
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

what game contacts?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina