Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 06-06-2004   #1
LinkinAllen

LinkinAllen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to LinkinAllen
60 Years Ago

Was D-Day. Allied troops crossed the channel and took on a great force that was cemented into France. They fought bravley, on both sides and I would like to write how much I appreciate their efforts and how well they fought. If nothing had been done about the tyranny of Hitler, the world would be a very different place today. Both Axis or Allied, soldiers fought long and hard in the worst conditions, while being away from home foor as long as 4 years in some cases. As I am in a Armed Cadet Force, I can appriciate their struggles that much more. I have been in situations, maybe not life or death, that seemed real enough at the time and I can't imagine the pain and hell they went through.
So, I can't thank the veterans and the men and women which didn't come home enough.

Thank You

LinkinAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004   #2
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje
Re: 60 Years Ago

Yes this is true. I give my respects to all of the soldiers and everyone who helped out during the war(s).

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004   #3
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

My grandfather was a part of the Normandy invasion. He has told me the worst stories of how he's seen his best friends' heads blown off and people stepping on mines, losing limbs, and their will to live. I am very grateful for those brave enough to fight for our freedom and the freedom of other countries.
Old 06-06-2004   #4
psychopatpl
*PAC MAN*

psychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to psychopatpl Send a message via MSN to psychopatpl Send a message via Yahoo to psychopatpl

Yep, I have max respect of soldiers.

yesterday and today i guess (it was past 12) me and 2 buddies went to a party, my best buddy was dressed up in a read WWII American troop clothing, had everything evne a shovel his whole kit and what not... lol and this party was in the middle of yuppy ville it was pretty hilarius walking around like that. hes a real WWII buff and so is one of his friends so i guess they went to a surplus store the hour before or something. good times, all the people at the party were like "wtf?"
Old 06-07-2004   #5
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

yeah. those guys are so brave and noble. i watched a couple of episodes of 'Band Of Brothers' last night, and those little interviews with the veterans before each episode really move me.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote