Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 04-18-2011   #1
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon
songs and memories

what songs remind you of different points in your life?

everytime i hear international harvester by craig morgan, i always think of when i take the back roads to my friend's house in kentucky. and when i hear she's country by jason aldean, i think of this smoky country bar my nursing school friends and i always went to in bowing green. talk about culture shock.

senior year prom, my prom date and i sang along to i don't wanna miss a thing by aerosmith, at the top of our lungs. amazing.

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011   #2
Tala
iGor

Tala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: songs and memories

Ooooo, too many of my memories are attached to songs, whether I realize it or not. When I went to D.C. in fifth grade, my parents bought me a walkman for the 20-something hour bus ride to get there. The only tape that I had at the time was Eiffel 65's Europop album. So that's what I listened to all throughout D.C. and each time I hear any of the songs, I remember back to several of the places that I was when I hear it. For instance, the song Too Much of Heaven reminds me of Mt. Vernon, Arlington, and driving around in D.C. Good times :-)

The Red Violin's People's Revolution: Death of Chou Yuan reminds me of the Olympic Peninsula in WA (SADLY nowhere is this posted on youtube...)

Phantom of the Opera's All I Ask of You reminds me of a certain loud public disturbance that ZP, Crembrandt, myself and others created one night o.O.

Matt Redman's Blessed be Your Name reminds me of a friend's funeral where a slideshow of pictures of him was looped with that song.

Enrique Iglesias's Hero reminds me of a boy named Conrad whom I met in middle school years, but he went to the rival middle school so it just *sniff* couldn't work out between us (kinda Romeo and Juliette, now that I think of it..)
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
~ T. S. Eliot
Tala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #3
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Tala View Post
Phantom of the Opera's All I Ask of You reminds me of a certain loud public disturbance that ZP, Crembrandt, myself and others created one night o.O.
Eh? Why don't I remember thus? o.O

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #4
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon

b.o.b.'s airplanes reminds me of driving downtown to do tango in the park. mainly because it was so overplayed. plus i like this violin cover better. :D

and i believe you must elabourate on this disturbance with phantom of the opera. XD

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #5
Tala
iGor

Tala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, we were driving home from the Land of Brook' late one night (I believe this was in the Notabus). When we got to a 25mph "town" area, All I Ask of You was playing in the car. We were all pretty loopy at the time and someone suggested that we blast the music and sing along. Mind you, this is a very small "town" and most people were already sleeping. We rolled down all the windows and began wailing (one cannot call it singing) along in the absolute worst pitch/tone conceivable until the song was finished. We were literally screaming and we probably woke everyone in the town, because we're delinquents like that

Also, Think of Me reminds me of our filming at the mall
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
~ T. S. Eliot
Tala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #6
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ha, we were driving home from the Land of Brook' late one night (I believe this was in the Notabus). When we got to a 25mph "town" area, All I Ask of You was playing in the car. We were all pretty loopy at the time and someone suggested that we blast the music and sing along. Mind you, this is a very small "town" and most people were already sleeping. We rolled down all the windows and began wailing (one cannot call it singing) along in the absolute worst pitch/tone conceivable until the song was finished. We were literally screaming and we probably woke everyone in the town, because we're delinquents like that

Ha! Oh yeah! Good times. ;D The best of times, even....

And the Morty mall-filming... *Delighted sigh*

Perhaps I'll add a few of my own later, as well. ;)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #7
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Quote:

So you guys were that..
What's a 'Notabus'?

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Perhaps I'll add a few of my own later, as well. ;)
I should do that too, perhaps I mean. Please remind me to do so :D
..I forgot to post in interesting threads too often already.

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
What's a 'Notabus'?
Waaait.. 'Not-a-bus'?
Old 04-20-2011   #8
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Smooth, by Santana featuring Rob Thomas reminds me of the summer of 2000. That song was incredibly popular at the time, and it was the year I entered high school; any time I hear the song I think of how hot it was in Oklahoma that summer. It's hot here every summer, but that one in particular was hotter than normal.

"The Scientist" by Coldplay reminds me of when my grandmother died in 2004.

There are more I'm sure, I'll post when I think of them.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #9
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Most of mine are depressing....

-It's all over but the crying - Garbage : Darlene's funeral
-Good Riddance - Green Day : Todd, cadets, camp, graduation
-Untitled (How could this happen to me) - Simple Plan : Todd and Darlene, specifically the car ride to school the day after my sister and I found out they were killed and this came on the radio. Thanks C100. Awesome Timing... X_X
-Dare You To Move - Switchfoot : the 2005 trip to British Columbia
-Anything ACDC : the 2009 summer ACDC concert :D

I will add more if I think of any.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote