Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 02-28-2005   #1
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55
Monk Confuses Superglue for Eye Drops

An elderly monk from Thailand confused a tube of superglue for eye drops. As expected, the drops sealed both eyes shut, essentially blinding 81-year-old Phra Kru Prapatworakhun. The good news is that he is seeing again after doctors were able to open his eyes.

The BBC News and the Nation report that Prapatworakhun had been unable to see for nearly a week after applying the superglue, which he found in his temple's medicine cabinet. Doctors were able to use acetone solvent to remove the glue from one eye and said it was unharmed, but the other eye was sealed so tightly, it had to be opened through surgery.

Prapatworakhun, who is the abbot of a temple in the Muang Angthong district, which is north of Bangkok, told doctors he was suffering from a severe itch in his eyes on Feb. 17. In search of something to alleviate the itch, he looked in the temple's medicine cabinet and found what he thought were eye drops. "I squeezed several drops on the floor and saw a clear liquid, so I put four drops into each eye. In about a minute, my eyes felt cold and then sealed closed," the monk told the Nation. Another monk told him to use thinners to get rid of the glue, but that only caused a searing pain, he said.

man, he had to have done something bad to piss off god. haha, poor guy...

RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #2
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Monk Confuses Superglue for Eye Drops

That's awful. Poor guy.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #3
labs5
I would run away with you - hawiianice

labs5 will become famous soon enough

damn that must of sucked

Together We Will Save The World!

you gotta know what your up against in order to fight back
labs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #4
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

Ouch!! Poor monk!! How embarrassing though!! My lil brother once drank paint thinner, thinking it was sprite
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #5
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine
Send a message via AIM to cloud nine Send a message via Yahoo to cloud nine

well, thats one way to raise awareness of his religious beliefs... atleast he didn't set himself on fire!

=p

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend..." - TOOL - Aenima
cloud nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #6
quirk
Well Known Member

quirk is a jewel in the roughquirk is a jewel in the roughquirk is a jewel in the rough

eurgh, guess that's one time when having all the glue dried up in the tube would've helped
gets paid lots of money for doing so.
quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #7
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine
Send a message via AIM to cloud nine Send a message via Yahoo to cloud nine

maybe thats what happened... the tube wasn't empty... but it didn't pour into his eye due to "divine favor"... he gets aggrivated that he feels liquid but it won't come out... so he's like "god damn it" and wha'dya know... SPLAT! super glue penace... =p

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend..." - TOOL - Aenima
cloud nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #8
blake

blake should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to blake Send a message via MSN to blake

Ive gotten a 'mist' of industrial-quality (much better than the stuff you get at a local store) superglue in my eyes before - don't ask how, I use the stuff a lot because of the hobbies I have.

Anyways, I'm lucky that superglue is only an eye irritant and doesn't cause damage. I just remember a severe burning, and thinking i was gonna lose my eye sight - that has to be the most scared i've ever been.

Im suprised that guy got 4 drops in each eye, you'd think he would notice after the first drop...
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #9
subbbsonic
Newbie Member

subbbsonic is on a distinguished road
Ok, I can see putting super glue in ONE eye, but then putting it in the other eye too...come on now...hello
subbbsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #10
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute

.. wow thats really got to suck...

Summer Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #11
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god......hillarious....