Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 04-03-2015   #1
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Let me pass and I will give you a peace sign.

I don't know how it happened, or when it began. It couldn't have just happened, because things don't just happen over night! So it's been a long time coming and I just didn't see it. But I think to myself, "no way it was like this 5 years ago." So how can it be? Five years just go by? Just like that? Where'd they go? They just went! Seriously. Yes, serious. Five years went, "bye!"
Which begs me to answer the question, where did all these other people come from? The roads have not changed. Smooth as pavement as ever. The 8am to 430pm work hours have not changed. The two cities I travel back and forth to have not changed. The way I drive has not changed, in fact I would say I have acquired more skill to tailgating because there's an extra car squeezed in, in front of me and just behind the car in front of it. I've had one driver change to the right lane, roll down their window and stick out their arm and essentially, offer me the road ahead. I gave them a thank you salute and drove past them. I've had people flip me off as I pulled to the left of them to pass them up. I just had some lady today, on my way home, pull to the right of the road and flip me off as I stayed straight and drove past her. That one was a new one on me. It confused me a little bit. I've also had cars slam on their brakes when they notice me close. I always mouth the words, "you fucking dumbass," and I shake my head in utter disappointment.
These little examples lead to one big thing for me. Road rage. It's true. I cannot stand other drivers for the life of me. I can see the road in front of the person ahead of me, and there is a good 50 to 100 yards in front of them and they are braking, slowing down, because they want to go 50 miles an hour and be in the fast lane. It's as if they are asking to be rear ended. I just don't understand that, which also gets me to think about red lights and stop signs. If there's no one around, it would be safe to go, so you should go. But nope. People have this shock collar on their balls and guts that blasts them every time they don't stop completely and especially if they haven't waited for 5 minutes yet.
This concerns me. It means people are driving scared. Scared to drive. They don't want to hesitate because they live in a world where hesitation kills. But they still have to drive. To where? Only God knows that, because half the people I drive past don't seem to be going anywhere. Half of those people don't seem to be interested in driving at all and would rather look at their stupid phones or look at themselves in the mirror. I noticed there isn't enough honking going on. Nobody honks. Instead they just wait for the driver to remember he's driving and trying to go somewhere. I feel if we started honking we could start shaming some of these people. But then I feel like, what else do I need? Loud fucking honking among'st driver's who can't drive, are scared to drive, and aren't fucking driving anyway! Do I really need them honking too?

I am at a loss here people. I'm trying to weigh my options. I'm thinking I should get some side plating installed on my car. So I can side swipe other driver's and give them the old (legal) Nascar bump from behind. I would love to do that. Then I could I can get a bunch of hit-n-runs and get my license revoked and my car impounded...but that won't stop me. Or I could get a gun. I usually daydream about this idea. If driver's want to use their brakes so damn bad, I can shoot their tire out and there, they can now stop. But with a gun comes trouble. If I show my gun, maybe the next person will have a gun and then we will have to shoot it out on the highway and bystanders would get killed and I'll end up having to pay for it all somehow. I think, what if I just flash it around and scream? No. I would have to use it.
I thought about a new job. Find one closer to me. But I like my job and the people I work with. PLUS The fucking reason I started writing this:

I live twenty minutes away...And it takes forty five fucking minutes to get there! That is to work and back home! It never used to be like this! I don't know when this all started happening. Who the fuck are all these fucking people? If you're going to use the road, please realize your destination and make every single attempt to get there. Focus solely on your purpose for being on the road and getting to your destination. If someone is tailgating you, it's probably because you are going too slow. Speed up and change lanes. That's what it says in the actual California Driver's Handbook that every fucking person, including myself, should have read to pass their test for a license. It also says not to "ride your brakes." Or in other words, don't drive fast, then slightly press your brakes for the next 100 yards. Also, you don't have to use your brakes to slow down. Sometimes all you need to do is just take your foot off the accelerator and glide. Brake if you need to but not if you're 50 feet behind another car.

So who are these cunts? I just hope they are not you! Lol!

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Let me pass and I will give you a peace sign.

Wait, so are you saying you like to tailgate?

Why not ease back on the people who go slow in the fast lane, then pass them at your earliest and safest opportunity?

I get it, people should use the left lane purely as a passing lane, but it's an unavoidable fact of life that they don't, for whatever stupid reason. However, tailgating is not going to solve the problem at least 50% of the time, and could, in fact, result in an accident that is deemed your fault. Why not just pass them safely, and move on with your day?
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

lol Hey Jenn. Yes I like to tailgate. Because I'm good at it.

Basically what you just said, (your second question) is what people do, but then they don't pass anybody.

You can't pass em. That's the thing. If they were going just a little bit faster, I'd be able to slip in behind them and in front of the car in the next lane. But the cars are essentially driving in each other's blind spots. If they were good driver's they would see me coming up on them, and they could move into the next lane to get out of my way. But they stay there because they aren't paying attention to what's behind them, and I can't go around them and they leave me no choice.

It's amazing how often people use their brakes. Considering I hardly use mine and I'm the one trying to actually go faster than the pussy speed limit.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-23-2015   #4
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

why are you in such a rush and being so aggressive?
Old 04-24-2015   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Can I get home? My drive should take 20 minutes not almost an hour!

My driving is superb.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina