Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Guys & Gals

Guys & Gals Girls + Guys, Relationships, Dating, Sex, Babe threads, etc...

Old 05-13-2009   #1
Derek
Banned

Derek will become famous soon enough
Still never had a girlfriend...

I'm seventeen years old, I have an SAT score of 2070, and am the son of a millionare. I'm not ugly but I wouldnt say that I'm great looking by any means. I have asked one girl to dance with me in my life, at a summer camp where nobody knew me, she said no thanks. I have danced with one girl...ever. She asked me, in the middle of the dance floor, she didn't know me and I didnt know her, I still dont. Obviously, it goes without saying that I have never asked a girl out, and obviously never had a girlfriend. Our prom is in roughly ten days, I'm pretty sure just about every girl I know already has a date, and god knows I'm too chicken to ask anybody. I bought two prom tickets in case I find a girl to go with, but I sincerely doubt it will end up happening.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #2
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Still never had a girlfriend...

Post a picture and we'll tell you where to start.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #3
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Welcome to the forum.

Dude, just make it happen. Just walk up to some girl, whether interested in her or not, and nonchalantly ask her if she'd like to go to the prom with you. The worst that could happen would be she'd say no.

Now, see, I'm a fat bastard. I don't think I'm ugly though. But being morbidly obese is a turn-off for mostly everyone. Yet I have no trouble talking to and flirting with girls that I don't know. Sadly, it's the ones that I do get to know that I have trouble expressing my feelings towards.

Anyway, so, your dad's a millionaire? That should help you get a date.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #4
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Stalk them on the internet like jason.

Lol seriously go get some game and stop complaining online, man the hell up.
Old 05-13-2009   #5
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum.

1. Don't flaunt your SAT score or your dad's financial status. They do not guarantee you a girlfriend, nor should they be what you rely on to get one. I got a 2310 on my SAT and I don't think my boyfriend even knows that: it's not relevant to the relationship and makes you seem pompous, as if you feel you deserve a date based on a standardized test.

2. Just start talking; that's all you need to do. There's no magic way to get a girlfriend, but you do inherently have to put yourself out there to do so.

3. Be confident, but don't be an ass.

4. There are girls that don't have dates to prom. It may seem hopeless, but it's not. For example, in my prom group senior year, there were 11 girls (including me) who did not have dates.

5. A date to prom doesn't make a relationship. It doesn't even guarantee a kiss, though she should at least dance with you. Expect nothing and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.

That's all I can do with no other information. I may come off as a bitch, but I don't really care.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #6
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

No one should be judged on their SAT scores. Having money does not mean having a girl. ever seen the millionaire matchmaker tv show? Those guys are loaded but dont have girls because most of them are pedantic douche bags that want to talk about money and their business too much.

Also maybe that girl denied you a dance because she was not comfortable enough with herself or maybe she didnt really know how to dance. If you saw her dance with other people then its her loss. You are only 17, its not the end of the world if you dont date someone or don't have a date to prom.

I think the reason why you might not have a girlfriend is just what you said "Obviously, it goes without saying that I have never asked a girl out" You have to ask someone to have a date or a girlfriend. Have you ever tried asking some girls to hangout with you and your friends? Like go to the movies or to dinner or something. That way it is casual and you will have a chance to get to know the girls better without feeling pressured.

I wouldnt worry though. College is way different than high school, and when you get there it may be your time to shine!
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #7
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by kyle View Post
Stalk them on the internet like jason.
It's not just the internet. I've got my local victims too.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #8
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

Prostitution, man. If your dad is a millionaire, he can afford it.

If you get a really hot call girl on your arm, you can spend all night talking about kung fu movies, have sex, get married, kill her pimp, steal his cocaine, accidently leave your license there which causes the pimps boss to chase you and kill your dad, meanwhile you go to LA to try and sell the coke for a reduced price to a movie producer, who gets set up by his assistant, and it all culminates in a massive shootout where you lose your eye and get the money.

Man I love call girls.

Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #9
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Wheels View Post
Prostitution, man. If your dad is a millionaire, he can afford it.

If you get a really hot call girl on your arm, you can spend all night talking about kung fu movies, have sex, get married, kill her pimp, steal his cocaine, accidently leave your license there which causes the pimps boss to chase you and kill your dad, meanwhile you go to LA to try and sell the coke for a reduced price to a movie producer, who gets set up by his assistant, and it all culminates in a massive shootout where you lose your eye and get the money.

Man I love call girls.
Ok, that's what I call a True Romance
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #10
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

If you're the son of a Millionaire I have a proposition for your father. He helps me through college and I come to work as a private chef for your family after I graduate. Just laying it on the table, let me know what he thinks.
Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #11
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

Quote:
Originally Said by Derek View Post
I'm seventeen years old, I have an SAT score of 2070, and am the son of a millionare. I'm not ugly but I wouldnt say that I'm great looking by any means. I have asked one girl to dance with me in my life, at a summer camp where nobody knew me, she said no thanks. I have danced with one girl...ever. She asked me, in the middle of the dance floor, she didn't know me and I didnt know her, I still dont. Obviously, it goes without saying that I have never asked a girl out, and obviously never had a girlfriend. Our prom is in roughly ten days, I'm pretty sure just about every girl I know already has a date, and god knows I'm too chicken to ask anybody. I bought two prom tickets in case I find a girl to go with, but I sincerely doubt it will end up happening.
Start low on the ladder. As a male of the species, you probably mentally rate a woman's physical attractiveness (lets say 1-10), and find the hotter ones more intimidating.

So pick a number that you're comfortable with, lets say a 4, and strike up a conversation with every woman you see who rates a 4. Just talk to them about dumb shit, whatever happens to be lying around, try to make them laugh. You have nothing to lose but a few minutes. Once you get the hang of it, try approaching some 5s.

Like anything worth doing, being easy with women takes practice. Looks don't matter so much if you're confident and funny (but getting in shape doesn't hurt). Make it a goal to strike up a conversation with a woman every day. Yeah, a lot of them won't want to have anything to do with you. And that sucks; rejection sucks. You need to get used it, and after a while you won't even notice. After all, if you approach 10 women and get rejected by 9 of them, you're still doing better than if you approach 0 women.

As for the prom tickets, fuck that shit. Don't even go.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #12
SexyChef720

SexyChef720 has a spectacular aura aboutSexyChef720 has a spectacular aura aboutSexyChef720 has a spectacular aura about

hahah im smart, pretty, tall, i cook i clean i do laundry...where do i sign up??? ;)
Old 05-13-2009   #13
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

Quote:
Originally Said by SexyChef720 View Post
hahah im smart, pretty, tall, i cook i clean i do laundry...where do i sign up??? ;)
You would say something like that.
Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #14
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Just be your self and don't brag about yourself. Part of the fun of dating is finding out about the person on your own.

And really. Don't tell them you are the son of a millionaire. Any girl that is attracted to your money is only going to use you, and is not worth the time and effort and heartache.

I can tell you right now your only problem is confidence. You need to take a step back and take a look at yourself for a second if you really think the only thing you've got going for you is your money. That will never be true, no matter what you or anyone else tells you.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #15
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Just tell the next girl you see this:

I'm seventeen years old, I have an SAT score of 2070, am the son of a millionare, got two tickets to paradise and I have no date to prom. :(

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #16
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute

this forum hits new lows everyday, and shit is hilarious. hahaha
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009   #17
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

With those credentials, you can fuck me mate.

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009   #18
Mr.Cravatte
Very Experienced Member

Mr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divine
Send a message via MSN to Mr.Cravatte

the countdown to the prom that kept AS at the edge of the their seats... not
Old 05-15-2009   #19
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Derek View Post
You'll have sex in college, everyone does.

Now shut the fuck up, rich boy.
Old 05-15-2009   #20
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Quote:
Originally Said by SexyChef720 View Post
pompous