Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 09-12-2014   #1
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute
Morning Routine

Every morning I get up and drink a glass of water, shit, shower, shave, then dress all in about a 5 - 10 minute period. I'll watch some youtube videos or play a game for a few minutes, maybe while eating a protein bar/shake or something, then I'll brush my teeth and head out the door.

What's your morning routine? If you don't have one, why not?

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: Morning Routine

I get up, drink water, put my clothes on, eat cereal, go crap, comb my hair, d.o., download podcasts, grab my book n jam. If i don't eat cereal I'll make an egg burrito then jam and eat on the way to work. I move slow. I get up at 645 out the door by 730.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014   #3
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

My alarm goes off at 6. I turn off my alarm, will usually roll over and drift--or just go back to sleep, unless my cat is bothering me (he usuallly is), in which case I will feed him and then go back to sleep.

I get up for real at 6:45, get ready for work in about 20-30 minutes (wash face, moisturize, brush teeth, take meds, get dressed, put on makeup, do hair, etc), and leave for work at about 7:05-7:10.

I know I should probably eat breakfast but I haaaate mornings and am generally too grumpy to be rational about getting up a little earlier and eating something.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

How do you guys go at least 8 hours without eating, wake up, not eat, and then go another 4 hours until lunch time (12pm) without eating? lol wtf is wrong with you people? God damn eat something lol

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 09-21-2014   #5
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

^ I *always* eat before work, two hours later on my first break, and two hours later on my lunch (a more substantial meal). I have a high metabolism, so if I didn't eat about every two hours after running around, I would start to feel faint, shaky, and low-blood-sugar-ish. I learned this from experience, unfortunately, when I "didn't have time" to eat before work and I started having those issues. So, I guess I have no choice but to eat.

That said, my morning routine is pretty dysfunctional.

My sister and I (try to) use a complicated system of alarms, because we suffer chronic lateness and have always struggled with waking up in the morning at a specific time (this may derive from having been home schooled and thus lacking a fundamental, engrained sense of time and timeliness). Sad, but true.

The first alarm is set 1 1/2 hrs. before I have to be at work (whenever that is; it changes constantly, but the pattern of alarms is always the same). Honestly, I barely even know the length of each alarm; I just know the last one goes off as late as ten minutes before I have to be at work. Yes. Then, in a complete, dazed panic, I stumble out of bed and into the bathroom: I put my shirt on, use the bathroom, put my pants on, "rough draft" clean my face, brush my teeth, finish cleaning my face, put on makeup, put my hair up, put my hat on, put on perfume. Then, I stumble downstairs, eat a bagel and coffee (which my sister kindly makes for me and herself* each morning). Then, I stumble out the door. I usually make it to work less than ten minutes late somehow.

That's life as I know it right now in morbid--though frighteningly still abridged--detail.

* Grammar fail?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014   #6
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

In my field, being on time is the equivalent of being late...being 10 minutes late is punishable by death probably, I dunno no one has done it yet

Old 09-23-2014   #7
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Jabedin View Post
In my field, being on time is the equivalent of being late...being 10 minutes late is punishable by death probably, I dunno no one has done it yet
So, if I were in your field, I would be dead several times over by now...

What is your field?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014   #8
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

Wake up, give the cat a pill (wrap it in cheese, she'll just swallow it whole), deal with their food/litter/etc., get my infused water and Vit D., get my son up, give him cheerios and milk, pop in Power Rangers (1995 movie on VHS) and then sleep until it's over. Lol After that I'll get my breakfast smoothie and get myself and the apt cleaned up while my son plays.

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014   #9
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
So, if I were in your field, I would be dead several times over by now...

What is your field?
Military

Old 10-06-2014   #10
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Wake up at 5:30 am, shower, feed the cat, dress, grab a snack, put on makeup, leave by 6:30 for work at 7.... It's pretty exhausting.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014   #11
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute

Wake up at 07:00 shower, shave, brush teeth, get into uniform, take a quick look at myself in the mirror and think "yep you look like you are ready to kill people". Then I end up at the recruitment center trying to get impressionable youth to join up. It usually goes like this: http://youtu.be/18AFfUHmoBY?t=32s
Comrade Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014   #12
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

is it for the mother land? what kind of land do you guys have up there? u know how russia is mother russia n the germs are the fatherland n america is land of the free

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-07-2014   #13
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute

Land of beaver, moose, and maple syrup?
Comrade Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014   #14
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

lol yes

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina