Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 01-17-2004   #1
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
Hear 30 sec clips of Incubus's new album!!!!!!!!

go to http://www.incubusonline.com/multimedia.php and you can hear 30 sec clips fom all the tracks on A Crow Left Of The Murder!!! I'm excited

EDIT: i've finished downloading the sampler mp3 they made with all of the streams in one mp3. Oh my, it's unbelieveable. Fans of Make Yourself will like a majority of the tracks, the album has more heavy moments than Morning View, but if you didn't like Morning View, you won't like some tracks, there's more than a few softer moments. But for fans of all their work, like me, you'll absolutely love it!!!!!!. Standout tracks for me are A Crow Left Of The Murder (see i told you it was heavy), Beware Criminal, Zee Deveel, Priceless (a heavy hitting track), Here In My Room (a nice soft track), and Smile Lines (sounds a bit Pearl Jam-ish in the instrumentation). The last track is not on the album, but is on the Australian Megalomaniac single, which comes out here in 2 days, YAY, it's not on the American single apparently. It's a really soft, beautiful ballad, but doesn't really sound like it fits on the album.

I know i'm more than a bit obsessed about Incubus, but i don't care

It's their greatest achievement in terms of songwriting, and it sounds like it could be considered a classic album in years to come.

and that's all i have to say about that

Last edited by Wobbie; 01-17-2004 at 05:33 AM.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004   #2
Stu
Elite Member

Stu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart god
Re: Hear 30 sec clips of Incubus's new album!!!!!!!!

Wow! Someone else who is obsessed with incubus! Have you ever been on their message board? You can also get the full live versions on the same site by the way... but there are only four. Talkshows on mute, A Crow left of the murder, Megalomaniac and Pistola. They are awesome songs. I've allready pre-oredered a Crow left of the murder I'm just that excited... I have no life.

Yeah, I kinda made a simliar post the other day, but no-one listened.

What is your favourite incubus track? It's pretty hard to choose.

Last edited by Stu; 01-17-2004 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Question
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004   #3
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute

i have old threads that i made about all those live tracks, and hardly anyone responded

Even though i'd already heard the acoustic 'A Crow Left Of The Murder', i think that one sounds awesome!!!, as does 'Zee Deveel', 'Sick Sad Little World', and 'Beware! Criminal'. I can't wait for the album!!! Pistola sounds like i hoped it would, it has all the energy of the live version.

And i can't wait to hear the jaming and long solo on 'Sick Sad Little World', that's only the bridge in the clip, imagine the rest of it.

Last edited by Wobbie; 01-17-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2004   #4
Daniel
Well Known Member

Daniel is just really niceDaniel is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daniel

Sony sucks, that is SO mean to release those little clips. But I visit IO alot, especially since the new album is out soon and love how they pieced together the songs into 1 track. I should be able to get the album a week or two before it is released (so real soon), hopefully the mp3 archive will still be up here so I can share with everyone here first.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004   #5
Wobbie
Is Back

awesome, but i'm definately gonna buy this album, rather than download it. I just need to raise some money first lots of instant noodles for me i guess
Old 01-17-2004   #6
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all

i can't freakin wait until their new album comes out. i'm fricken psyched.
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004   #7
Stu
Elite Member

Stu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart god

lets do the time warp again!

So, in answer to the last question you asked, which is actually no longer here due to the corrupted database. I will go and see them, unless I have exams. My computer was stupid and couldn't find the site for that download, and That was about it... I think...
Old 01-22-2004   #8
Daniel
Well Known Member

Guess what guys, it has leaked. Someone gimme somewhere to upload it and I will, if you want it of course. If you want to see the .nfo file, click here. It is a really solid album.
Old 01-22-2004   #9
Stu
Elite Member

What? As in we can now download the full album? WTF?????!!!

But i'd have to wait i think... i don't want to ruin it.
Old 01-22-2004   #10
Wobbie
Is Back

yeah i heard this yesterday, and i'm (hopefully) getting it very soon

I'm still gonna buy it though, this is just a preview
Old 01-22-2004   #11
Stu
Elite Member

I won't even preview it... I love the feeling when I have a new incubus album that I've not really heard.

Nevermind...
Old 01-22-2004   #12
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

well you'll probably all hate me for this..........im currently downloading the album now as we speak......and so far what im hearing is great.......and rob i take back what i said in a another thread about incubus being only ok.....from the few tracks ialready got....it ROCKS!!!!......and it has definately made me wanna dig out the incubus old album i got lying around here some where and slap it in the cd player.
Old 01-22-2004   #13
Stu
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Said by Psychosis
well you'll probably all hate me for this..........im currently downloading the album now as we speak......and so far what im hearing is great.......and rob i take back what i said in a another thread about incubus being only ok.....from the few tracks ialready got....it ROCKS!!!!......and it has definately made me wanna dig out the incubus old album i got lying around here some where and slap it in the cd player.
I am pretty jealous of you right now. I'm also quite excited.... I've waited since Morning view for thi, and now I've only got two weeks or so to wait.

I'm tempted to download it...
Old 01-22-2004   #14
Daniel
Well Known Member

Just download it and buy it when it comes out, that is what I am doing. You can't last 2 weeks, just give in to tempation. I will even give you the IRC chanells to get it from...

Go to PacketNews and click on one of the pack numbers, if you have mIRC it will auto connect. It copies the /cctp command to your clipboard, so once you are connected just paste the link in.

Pistola and Priceless are some great songs too, this is very unlike any other album they have done too. Lots of mood changes and rhythm changes in each song.
Old 01-22-2004   #15
Mr Stabby

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Daniel
Just download it and buy it when it comes out, that is what I am doing. You can't last 2 weeks, just give in to tempation.
Actually the more I listen to this, the more I would know I would not be able to last.....so what are you waiting for, go download it now!!........

.........Are you downloading it yet??!!
Old 01-22-2004   #16
Wobbie
Is Back

i am downloading it now

but i'm definately (sp?) gonna buy it
Old 01-22-2004   #17
Mr Stabby

Quote:
Originally Said by trafficjamzombie
i am downloading it now

but i'm definately (sp?) gonna buy it
i probably gonna buy it myself....cause i dont have an mp3 not on my computer so i cant listen to it away from my computer..........and it rocks!!!
Old 01-22-2004   #18
Wobbie
Is Back

awww man, i wish mine would hurry up, it sounds so awesome
Old 01-22-2004   #19
Sharker
Old & Wise Member

Sharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sharker Send a message via MSN to Sharker Send a message via Yahoo to Sharker

Ill end up buying it. But ive already listened to all the songs like... 3 times, just kept pressing play on the burnt CD i made, sounds great ^.^

Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004   #20
Stu
Elite Member

<Bump>

I'm so pissed off!
No mail, no album... :(