Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 09-23-2003   #1
Fiend

Fiend will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Fiend Send a message via Yahoo to Fiend
Blog Central (post your online journals here)

Practically everyone has a Blogger or a Live Journal or a Xanga these days. Now, shoot me if someone has made a thread like this before (I haven't posted in MONTHS), but I think it would be nice having one thread as a source to view other people's online journals and such. You can make a brief summary on what "category" your journal fits into. Here are some examples:

Basic "well, today I...." journal
If you wouldn't care less if your online journal is artistic, or "original", and the only reason why you keep it is to keep yourself occupied by talking about your life and sharing it with your friends.

Angsty, suicidal journal
This category is for all you emos. This means your journal is full of depression and suicidal commentaries.

Artistic journal
This is for all you poetics. If you're always posting up your own personal work, like the haiku that you wrote over breakfast, or a story that you were assigned to write for English, this is the category for you.

Informative journal
If you keep a Blogger or a Xanga that barely passes being a journal because you're always talking about issues and current events, then this is your category. This is more for the obsessive intellectuals that don't really have a life, so they talk about other people's lives.

Random journal
If you're the type of person that constantly talks about random stuff in your journal, and you're always inconsitant with your life, then you fit under this category. This is also for the people that are always doing those "personality quizzes" and seems as if that's the only reason why they keep an online journal.

Angry journal
This is for all you homicidal freaks. If all of your journal entries are of destruction and end to the world, then yeah, you fit under this category. This also includes the people that are constantly talking shit about other people, a gossip source for other people that like hearing people talk shit about other people.

"Confused" journal
If you're like me and your journal is ALL OF THE ABOVE, then this is your category. If you're the person that cannot make up your mind of wanting to live your life to the fullest, or wanting to end your pain by killing yourself, then you're in the right place. If you're the artistic overachiever that is constantly posting your works and words of art, showing them off to whoever wants to listen, then you're in the right place. Lastly, if you're schizophrenic that cannot tell between your friends and your enemies that you decide to talk shit about everyone, then you're right at home.

I guess I'll start with mine:

http://fastidious_fiend.blogspot.com

It's obvious what category my journal falls under, since I already talked about it. But yeah, journals tell a lot about that keeper's personality. Reading online journals are as fun as reading a classic novel, the only difference is that the events in that person's life is occuring NOW, which makes it a hundred times better, especially if he/she is a good writer. Online journals not only teach you stuff about the person that writes it, it also teaches you a little bit about yourself. They can be inspiring, informative, and enlightening.

Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003   #2
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Re: Blog Central (post your online journals here)

lol, I like the battle cry thing.

Quote:
Stalking across the mini-mall parking lot, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Weasel! And he gives a mighty bellow:
Quote:

"I'm seriously going to turn you into part of my balanced breakfast!!"

Damn straight

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003   #3
feel_infatuation
Newbie Member

feel_infatuation is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to feel_infatuation Send a message via MSN to feel_infatuation Send a message via Yahoo to feel_infatuation
Re: Blog Central (post your online journals here)

i've got one of those randomlike journals...

http://infatuation.ujournal.org/

i've got a livejournal, but i dont post in it much...and i've got two more ujournals (one's for a band i'm working with and the other is....)

wel| the other's this one for all sorts of ...strange...dirtystuff.

but i like my randomlike journal.
feel_infatuation is offline   Reply With Quote