Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005   #81
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AS Member Portraits

Quote:
Originally Said by Wobbie
Oh, definitely! Anyone who draws rad portaits of me gets lifetime pirate lessons. I though that'd just be common knowledge...
Sweet! Can we start with pirate linguistics?

I haven't had too much time to work on Savage_Nature's portrait. I've laid down the initial colors, but there's not too much detail as of now.

Here is a preliminary sketch of S_N.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-18-2005   #82
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

That looks rad so far Zanahoria Can't wait to see the finished product!

Okay, lets start with pitare linguistics... When you say Arrrr!!, say the rrrr, with a rolling action, making the tongue vibrate in the process. Practice that, and i'll see you tomorrow for the next lesson!
Old 07-18-2005   #83
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That looks rad so far Zanahoria Can't wait to see the finished product!

Okay, lets start with pitare linguistics... When you say Arrrr!!, say the rrrr, with a rolling action, making the tongue vibrate in the process. Practice that, and i'll see you tomorrow for the next lesson!
Thanks! I'm planning to do some work on it today, and hopefully actually make some progress. That Savage_Nature is a treacherous one to draw. Treacherous, indeed.

*Tries to rolls r's while "arr-ing"* *Fails horribly* Okay, I admit it! I didn't do my homework, okay? I guess that means I've failed...

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2005   #84
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

No, you haven't failed. No one fails at the University of Pirating
Old 07-19-2005   #85
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

Nope, they just walk the plank.
Old 07-19-2005   #86
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute

i can't decide on what picture to give you. There is alot that i would like to see you do. let me show you a few of what i want.

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 02-27-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-19-2005   #87
Summer Gurl

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute

do you mean the 2nd one? or do you really mean the 1st one cause in the first one you cant really see my jaw

oh and thanks lol... i like my jaw... its nice hehe

Old 07-19-2005   #88
Summer Gurl

hehe thanks... that was just a good picture moment... i like it alot.

Old 07-19-2005   #89
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
No, you haven't failed. No one fails at the University of Pirating
Yay! I mean...Arrrr! I should go for a PHD in piracy...Dr. Pirate? Yeah, that's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Said by STORM
i can't decide on what picture to give you. There is alot that i would like to see you do. let me show you a few of what i want.
Hmmm...all of those pics. look potentially "portrait-able". Though, I agree that the second one is especially nice. Whichever one you fancy most I shall do.

I made some progress on S_N last night, but it's slow-going because it's difficult to balance form and value with this medium; working in color is always slightly more tricky than working in black and white. It's also difficult to achieve detail with charcoal. Despite all that insanity, it might very well be postable tonight...

Translation for S_N: YOUR COLORED PORTRAIT MAY BE FINISHED TONIGHT.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-19-2005   #90
Summer Gurl

ohhh exciting hehe!

Old 07-20-2005   #91
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

You have no idea how much you just stopped me from killing my friend. That whole translation was pure genius.

Old 07-21-2005   #92
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon

...is it too late to ask if I can join the queue? Your work is fantastic, by the way, Zanahoria_Picante.

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

Old 07-21-2005   #93
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature
You have no idea how much you just stopped me from killing my friend. That whole translation was pure genius.
Well, um, glad to be of service. Especially to your, uh, friend.

Quote:
Originally Said by argentmoon
...is it too late to ask if I can join the queue? Your work is fantastic, by the way, Zanahoria_Picante.
Thank ya kindly. It's surely not too late; I shall place you upon the list post haste.

The portrait of S_N grows ever closer to completion. My last estimate was optimistic, and clearly now slightly inaccurate. But it's actually starting to look like a human being now!

And that's all I have to say about that...

Portrait Queue

Wonkey Gigolo (completed)
psychodiablo2 (completed)
Savage_Nature (trudging along - In progress)
le shiny tyney
schism
Katy
STORM
Sazzle
Dustoff
Ziech
Argentmoon

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2005   #94
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

man. it would be awesome if you could draw me. but that would mean, 1. i'd add to your list that already is huge, and 2. i would have to post a picture. that doesn't work for me. haha

Old 07-21-2005   #95
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by RubberDucky55
man. it would be awesome if you could draw me. but that would mean, 1. i'd add to your list that already is huge, and 2. i would have to post a picture. that doesn't work for me. haha
Well...
1. I don't mind the seemingly ominous length of the list; for it gives me an excuse to practice. Plus it's fun 'n' stuff!
2. I'm sure you ain't got nothing on my awkwardness, if that's what troubles you. I mean, I posted my picture, and I'm like the “grand duchess of all things awkward”. So, fear not…

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2005   #96
Zanahoria_Picante

Savage_Nature

A'ight. After much ado and delay, I bring you the completed Savage_Nature in Charcoal: Reloaded (just because that makes it sound cooler-er ).

You might notice that the picture I was basing this on seems blurry. I'd attempt to explain this, except it would require a lengthy and altogether dull explanation that would force me to translate it for Savage_Nature...again. So I shant go there.

I found this one quite difficult, for some odd reason. Charcoal is testy, often not complying to my will. Note that I did not use any "pure" black; all colors are mixed. Meaning, I did not, at any time, use the "black" charcoal stick, which negates depth.

Blek! I'm done rambling! Here it be.

Wonkey Gigolo (completed)
psychodiablo2 (completed)
Savage_Nature (completed)
le shiny tyney (next victim)
schism
Katy
STORM
Sazzle
Dustoff
Ziech
Argentmoon

Yes...my next victim is le shiny tyney. Beware!

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 07-27-2005   #97
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

You rock, seriously, you rock, so hard....

Old 07-27-2005   #98
Zanahoria_Picante

Why, thank you! I'm glad you liked your COLORED portrait.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 07-27-2005   #99
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature
You rock, seriously, you rock, so hard....
ditto. thats awesome!
Old 07-27-2005   #100
Summer Gurl

that's really good lol!

Closed Thread