Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005   #61
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: AS Member Portraits

aww thanks john. youre a good friend. which makes me an even better one.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
Old 07-10-2005   #62
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

A'ight. So I tweaked PD2's portrait, fixing the left nostril (which was truly bothering me...sadly) and other assorted things.

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo
so what's the size demensions of the original copy?
how long did it take youto do ?
The dimensions are about 14" by 18" and it took me about 6 hours to do (in about 2 hours stints). I had to crop it at one point because the picture wasn't precisely aligned with the drawing paper.

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo
only one thing you didnt get. my beauty mark on the tip of my nose.
Ha! I noted that after I posted it thinking "aw, he'll never notice". Something was bothering me about it, perhaps that was it. Hehe, I think it's more complete now.

Quote:
Originally Said by Sazzle
so does that mean I have to get the pic or you will? I'll get it later and post it up here. Unfortunatley all my pictures are fairly smiley, otherwise I looked stoned....
I don't know, now that I look at your profile pic. I'm thinking that one would be suitable for a portrait. Ha! I'm indecisive!

Quote:
Lol, I think ur a pirate in training. Use arrrrr's sparingly.

I think rob gives out lessons.
But I can get free lessons because I did his portrait, right?

Quote:
EDIT- I love matt's 'drewing', its soooooooo mad. I can't believe someone actually drew that. Your my idol! *Worship* *Worship*
Erm...thanks? Hehe...you really are my stalker, aren't ye?

Quote:
Originally Said by le shiny tyney
IE-this....it makes me look....non sucky
Yeah, I like that pic. An interesting composition. Not to worry, your pics. are nice; I'm not very photo-ma-gen-i-cal.

Quote:
Originally Said by Ziech
You should do one of me :D
Put me at the bottom of the list :p
Dude, you're totally there. Dawg. Yeah...

Wow! That was a long and drawn-out post. And I'm making it even longer...and even more drawn-out as I type this. I like soft pretzels...yeah...they're both soft and pretzels...bready...salty...mmm... I wonder if anyone's still reading at this point...I hope not...for their sake...yeah...stopping...now.

Almost forgot! Thanks much everyone for the kindly remarks!

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2005   #63
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

geez i don't have any interesting pics. they all look the same! this is the only other one i have loaded on this computer.http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/at...achmentid=3160
Old 07-11-2005   #64
Ziech
Elite Member

Ziech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart god

Quote:
Originally Said by sazzle
geez i don't have any interesting pics. they all look the same! this is the only other one i have loaded on this computer.http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/at...achmentid=3160
Do it, it looks good
Old 07-11-2005   #65
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

that's a cute picture sazzle, you're really pretty!

i like you're eyes. very nice color.

Old 07-11-2005   #66
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute

whooo thanks.
Old 07-11-2005   #67
oceandream130
Future star of a Zach Braff film!

oceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond repute

All of your portraits so far are absolutely incredible!! *faints and then later arises to worship Zanahoria Picante* You have a beyond amazing talent, it will take you far!

And Sazzle, you are so beautiful!! ^_^
Old 07-11-2005   #68
sazzle
I hate you all.

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante
Erm...thanks? Hehe...you really are my stalker, aren't ye?
Bugger! Now you know..... What should I do now?.....um......

BOO!
Old 07-11-2005   #69
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Sazzle, that pic. would be splendid for a portrait. Perhaps, with the vibrant colors and all, it would make for a good painting (although I'm not as experienced with paint). And honestly, Sazzle, you Aussies and your good looks! Unlike all of us obese, unsightly Americans (although I'm not obese...I may be deemed unsightly ).

Quote:
Originally Said by oceandream130
All of your portraits so far are absolutely incredible!! *faints and then later arises to worship Zanahoria Picante* You have a beyond amazing talent, it will take you far!
¡Muchas gracias! *becomes increasingly more uncomfortable at people around worshiping me* But seriously, it's not worth all that. There are a lot of people more skilled than me at this sort of thing.

Quote:
Bugger! Now you know..... What should I do now?.....um......
Oh, that's easy! Pretend like you're not stalking me for a couple of weeks, giving me time to forget (which I certainly will with my gerbil-like memory) and then your secrecy will be restored! Wait...why'd I suggest that? Wait...

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2005   #70
Zanahoria_Picante

Forgive my double-posting-ness, but just to update I'm starting Savage Nature's portrait mañana because I don't have the colored charcoal pencils that I require for it until then. Ha! I changed my medium of choice like 5 times. *sigh*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 07-12-2005   #71
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

OK.... Huh?

What's that in a language I can understand?? (Slow, loud, deliberate words please )

Old 07-12-2005   #72
cloud nine
Sha-wing!

cloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divinecloud nine is divine
Send a message via AIM to cloud nine Send a message via Yahoo to cloud nine

i r confused, and i haven't been involved, i've just been keeping up the topic, or atleast trying to... lol

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend..." - TOOL - Aenima
Old 07-12-2005   #73
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature
OK.... Huh?

What's that in a language I can understand?? (Slow, loud, deliberate words please )
Wow, you seem to be almost as confused as I usually am (and that's really sayin' something).

I... AM... GOING... TO... START... SAVAGE..._...NATURE'S... PORTRAIT... TOMORROW. IT...WILL...BE...DRAWN...WITH...COLORED...CHARCOAL...PENCILS.

Okay, that was unnecessarily sarcastic. Not to mention obnoxious. But hey, you asked for it (literally). I'm just playin'.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2005   #74
Ziech
Elite Member

Ziech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart godZiech is an Almost Smart god

Is that anything like Oil Pastels?
Old 07-12-2005   #75
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD!!!!

I GET TO BE IN COLOR!?!?!

YESSSSSS!!!!

Haha I was hoping yo uwould do it EXACTLY like that so I had no confusion whatsoever. I thank thee in a job well done. Usually I give people information in a format similar to that

And I.R. Baboon rocks. Rep.

Old 07-13-2005   #76
sazzle
I hate you all.

Oh I love this thread. I'm actually excited to see the new paintings/chaarcol thingies .

Ur painting should look very cool savage, which pic is she using?
Old 07-13-2005   #77
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature
Haha I was hoping yo uwould do it EXACTLY like that so I had no confusion whatsoever. I thank thee in a job well done. Usually I give people information in a format similar to that
Sarcasm's always fun! Just trying to clarify, is all.

Quote:
Originally Said by Ziech
Is that anything like Oil Pastels?
They are similar. Except charcoal pencils have a more of a chalky texture, whilst oil pastels are oil based and hence very difficult to control .

Quote:
Ur painting should look very cool savage, which pic is she using?
I'm doing thisa one of Savage Nature. Rich colors, should be fun.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2005   #78
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

You know what would be a good one for color is mine with the green fro. You're amazing.
Old 07-13-2005   #79
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Indiana Tones
You know what would be a good one for color is mine with the green fro. You're amazing.
Thank ye. Yeah, but it's like an inverted clown wig or something. I'd have to saw away at an entire green pencil to bring that beast into being on paper...

Hehe...I got my magic charcoal pencils, btw. They rule. They're all chalky and stuff.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2005   #80
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante
But I can get free lessons because I did his portrait, right?
Oh, definitely! Anyone who draws rad portaits of me gets lifetime pirate lessons. I though that'd just be common knowledge...
Closed Thread