Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2005   #1
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
AS Member Portraits

As was requested, I'm doing a few portraits of members here on AS, namely Wonkey Gigolo, psychoDiablo2, and Savage_Nature. Thus far, I've found this a most enjoyable endeavor.

I've be-sticky-fied this thread so I don't have to spend oodles of time searching for it each time I finish one of these beasts.

Here's the first one I've completed of Willy Wonkey, I mean...Wonkey Gigolo.

I've included the original picture from which I extrapolated my drawing so that you may critique it if you wish. It's done in charcoal, which is often a messy medium to use.

Here's also a Progression of photos I took illustrating the process that goes along with doing such things...like, um drawing things.

So yeah...there you have it! PD2 is next on my "list".

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 07-01-2005   #2
Shadowinsane2
Experienced Member

Shadowinsane2 has a spectacular aura aboutShadowinsane2 has a spectacular aura aboutShadowinsane2 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Shadowinsane2 Send a message via MSN to Shadowinsane2
Re: AS Member Portraits

Awesome! Great job! That's soo cool...Godamn talented people!
Old 07-01-2005   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

god damn that's impressive. holy shit.

looks like an Albert Einstein aka Serial Killer.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
Old 07-01-2005   #4
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

i'm speechless

DO ME DO ME! I'LL BREAK THE CANVAS!
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
Old 07-01-2005   #5
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks all! This is quite fun to do, indeed.

Quote:
DO ME DO ME! I'LL BREAK THE CANVAS!
Wow, that's self-esteem for you. I'm not sure if it's decent of me to humor that with a drawing...

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 07-01-2005   #6
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante
Many thanks all! This is quite fun to do, indeed.

Wow, that's self-esteem for you. I'm not sure if it's decent of me to humor that with a drawing...
dont worry, i'm not horrendously ugly, just badly ugly.

and i was being a wee snarky. you dont HAVE to. But if you do, i will be muy flattered.
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
Old 07-01-2005   #7
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Do me next! Do me, do me!!!!

Old 07-01-2005   #8
schism-
King Cunty

schism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to schism-

Whoa thats awesome work!

I'd hate to increase your workload, so I won't, but if you run out of people to immortalize, then gimme a holler and I'll send you a pic of my ugly mug.

I have the Downs.
Old 07-01-2005   #9
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

wow, thats just incredible. seriously that is beyond mad!

That is the coolest pic i've seen of rob. slightly creepy, but very good.
Old 07-01-2005   #10
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute

wow thats great! now do me lol not but really.. thats really awsome... i am very impressed.

Old 07-02-2005   #11
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

im totally jealous. i should just not write anything cause im too envious.

but i will. cause it's an amazing job! seriously, you better do something with those skills of yours.

Old 07-02-2005   #12
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

i like his eyeball. looks intense. psychotic. hell yeah.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-02-2005   #13
luminire
shadow in the light

luminire is just really niceluminire is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to luminire Send a message via MSN to luminire

hey that's pretty good! well done...
Old 07-02-2005   #14
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

Oh wow!! That looks so awesome!! Look at the bags under my eye You've captured the tired me quite well, haha Thank you so much for doing that!! I really appreciate it. You are so amazingly talented! Have you ever submitted your work anywhere? I reckon you'd win stuff for sure!

So yeah, thanks! It's amazing
Old 07-02-2005   #15
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Wobbie
well, haha Thank you so much for doing that!! I really appreciate it. You are so amazingly talented! Have you ever submitted your work anywhere? I reckon you'd win stuff for sure!
Thanks! It's no problem, I enjoyed doing it a great deal. I've only submitted maybe one thing, a drawing that was published in an internationally-used biology textbook, which is kinda cool. I fear competition...

It's kinda funny, because my mom is now convinced that you're a serial killer, Wonkey Gigolo. She looked at my drawing and said, "he looks like serial killer" and I was like, "no, he doesn't. He's from Australia." Hehe...I thought that was ironic.

It sucks though, because now that I've put it on the computer, I'm noticing all these little "flaws" with it. I won't point them out, but they're there. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature
Do me next! Do me, do me!!!!
Umm...I'm going to assume you're talking about a portrait. Patience, young padawan. After PD2, it is, uh, your turn.

Anyway, thanks to all for your feedback, you're all fabulous!

Portrait queue:

Wonkey Gigolo (completed)
psychodiablo2
Savage_Nature
le shiny tyney (?)
schism
Katy
STORM
Sazzle
Dustoff

So, there you have it. I'm off!

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2005   #16
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
It's kinda funny, because my mom is now convinced that you're a serial killer, Wonkey Gigolo. She looked at my drawing and said, "he looks like serial killer" and I was like, "no, he doesn't. He's from Australia."
hahaha. tha'ts funny. he's a serial killer! nah, he's not. he's just from australia. they all look like that. :p lol

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-02-2005   #17
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute

yay! EHEH i am getting mine done i love it!

Old 07-02-2005   #18
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo
hahaha. tha'ts funny. he's a serial killer! nah, he's not. he's just from australia. they all look like that. :p lol
Hehe...do they? Naw, anyone who's Australian is automatically cool in my book, and that alone compensates for any homicidal tendencies they might have.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2005   #19
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Hehe...do they? Naw, anyone who's Australian is automatically cool in my book, and that alone compensates for any homicidal tendencies they might have.
nah i dont believe that. it's just funny how the conversation went. how you simply state, oh he's australian. like that was the answer for him looking like a serial killer.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-02-2005   #20
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo
nah i dont believe that. it's just funny how the conversation went. how you simply state, oh he's australian. like that was the answer for him looking like a serial killer.
Hehe, exactly. It's like that's all the explanation she needed. Hehe...

And also my mom saw this serial killer on TV, and she was like, "that looks like the guy in the drawing!" Yeah, so now she's all "apprehesive" and such. Whatever...

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 09-07-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Closed Thread