Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 07-20-2006   #21
cstoll
?!

cstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond repute
Re: weird facts about yourself

I know I'm weirder than this, but here's all I can come up with.

-- I'm at my most awkward when first meeting people. It's as if the "social introduction" part of my brain goes on a vacation to the southern hemisphere, off to some fishing village that has no phones. I sometimes think I should adopt an accent because it sounds as though I'm just learning the language.

Here's how my part of the introduction goes: "Hi, how to meet...[pause in handshake as the person wonders if I've suffered a stroke]...nice to make meeting...it's good to....[clearing throat]....Hello." A minute later, I'm fine, and I make a joke about amphetamine withdrawal to cover the awkwardness.

-- Skipping a grade was cool until I realized that I'd be a junior when I could drive. Then it was lame.

-- I listen to at least one Beatles song a day.

-- For the past four years, I've had a tradition of reading the same book over Christmas break.

-- The phrase "mucus plug" is possibly the worst in the language and causes a shudder deep within my soul.

"I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel."
--Blackadder
cstoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #22
ueatpoo
Experienced Member

ueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm. weird fact. well im sure that the older members remember my weirdest fact so there is no need to repeat it.

--i have an unhealthy obsession with batman.
Old 07-20-2006   #23
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by cstoll
I know I'm weirder than this, but here's all I can come up with.

-- I'm at my most awkward when first meeting people. It's as if the "social introduction" part of my brain goes on a vacation to the southern hemisphere, off to some fishing village that has no phones. I sometimes think I should adopt an accent because it sounds as though I'm just learning the language.

Here's how my part of the introduction goes: "Hi, how to meet...[pause in handshake as the person wonders if I've suffered a stroke]...nice to make meeting...it's good to....[clearing throat]....Hello." A minute later, I'm fine, and I make a joke about amphetamine withdrawal to cover the awkwardness.

-- Skipping a grade was cool until I realized that I'd be a junior when I could drive. Then it was lame.

-- I listen to at least one Beatles song a day.

-- For the past four years, I've had a tradition of reading the same book over Christmas break.

-- The phrase "mucus plug" is possibly the worst in the language and causes a shudder deep within my soul.
You'll never have to worry about one, so be comforted.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #24
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

i can snap and dislocate my fingers at once, its gross
Old 07-20-2006   #25
schism-
King Cunty

schism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to schism-

- I can't stand waking other people up that are asleep in bed with me. If I can't get to sleep I'll lie there as still as a rock until they wake up of their own accord.

- I only ever take my watch off in the shower. I sleep with it on. If I ever forget it when I leave the house I feel uncomfortable all day.

- I can bend all my fingertips forward without bending any other knuckle joints.

- There is no such thing as too hot for me. Throw 40C heat at me, turn a heater on, and I'll stand in front of it. Mmmmmm artificial warmth.

- Compared to an average person my age, I've lived for about a year longer / spent a year longer awake simply by only sleeping for 4 hours a night through three years of high school. Or something, I can't remember the calculations.

I have the Downs.
schism- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #26
Sweathog
Experienced Member

Sweathog is doing greatSweathog is doing great

Well... Let's see...

-I think that the word 'carcinogenic' is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.
-I'm vegetarian.
-I think I have manic depression.
-I live in a glorified shed.
-I'm shit at remembering names, I have to be told them about 5 times (at least) for them to stick.

That's about it for now. I can't think of anything else at the moment...

I'm back, motherfuckers!

See what I see...
Sweathog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #27
Ker_Bear
a CRAZY waste of time

Ker_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to Ker_Bear

-I can pop unusual bones in my body
-I'm terrified of cottage cheese and have no idea why
-I can't wear pants unless the bottems cover the top of my shoes
-I only listen to my radio with my tv on mute
-I can't start my day without listening to the rolling stones
-I hate when people around me smack when they eat
-horses scare the shit out of me
no one gives a shit ... as long as we smile
Ker_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #28
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

I just thought of/remembered some more:

I hate ice water... or ice in any beverage. Cold is OK, but NO ICE.

I don't own a single piece of jewelry. Not a watch, ring, pendant, earring. Nothing. I think tiny expensive pieces of metal and stone are just stupid.

I used to be terrified of the toilet tank if the lid was off. It wasn't till I was about 15 that I got over that one.

I hate big cars.

Being in a plane at 30,000 feet doesn't bother me in the least but the mere thought of being on a boat or ship floating over a mile or 2 or 3 of black deep water scares the shit out of me.

The most irritating sound on Earth is a car with squealing brakes or belts.

I have no patience with lighters or pens that don't work the first time. If I have to fuck with either one for more than about 5 seconds it's in the trash.

I can't stand the smell of any cologne, perfume, scented laundry detergent, drier sheets, soap, shampoo, the so-called "air fresheners", etc. Natural essence oils are cool, but I have to hold my breath if I get too close to perfume and cosmetic displays in a store, or near someone who feels the need to marinate in a cologne or perfume.

I can't wear a tie. Cannot. I feel like I'm choking no matter how loose it is. I don't even own one.

Although I am a smoker, I can't stand second-hand smoke...even my own. I have an exhaust fan in my office and blow my smoke towards it for that reason.

I love fresh raw hot peppers. The hotter, the better. Jalepenos, serranos, habaneros.... yummmm to all of them.

I hate long phone conversations. I can't see how anyone can hold that device to their ear for 2 or 3 hours! A phone call from me goes something like this:
ME: "Hey it's Tom. You busy?"
HIM: "Naah, just watching TV."
ME: "Mind if I come over?"
HIM: "No thats cool."
ME: "Ok see you in 15 minutes."
CLICK

...more to follow as I think of them

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006   #29
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

ok, some more.

i can't take a shower or a bath unless the lid is down on the toilet.

i usually have to have two towels (one for hair, one for body), and a wash cloth, even though i don't use the wash cloth for anything else but to wipe my face. i use a sponge thing to wash with.

when i get in my car and turn it on, i have to first tap the break, tap the gas, then mash the break with my right foot.

i used to spend at least an hour every day soaking in a bubble bath and relaxing. now i never have time for it and it's mostly showers.

i feel like i could easily turn into a workaholic because i like making money so much.

i constantly clip my fingernails/toe nails back and clean my ears with q-tips. not that they ever get long/dirty, i just do it constantly. and i used to constantly pluck my eyebrows.

i used to carry a mirror around at all times and hated eating in front of anyone because i was terrified something would be on my face or in my teeth.

i've been taking meds for a good six months, but i still forget about them completely until my phone alarm clock goes off at 7 pm. and if i don't hear it i don't take my meds. just can't remember to do it.

i'm also horrible at remembering people's names, and still get people i work with mixed up at times.

i follow directions much better than i give them, and i'm terrible at explaining things because i'm so long winded and don't know how to simplify things. i also don't know how to elaborate at the appropriate moments and often struggle with words trying to tell a story, so it can be very painful and difficult to follow if i'm trying to tell someone a story unless i've been thinking and thinking over what i was going to say.

guess that's all for now.
Old 07-22-2006   #30
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by Chihiro
i follow directions much better than i give them, and i'm terrible at explaining things because i'm so long winded and don't know how to simplify things. i also don't know how to elaborate at the appropriate moments and often struggle with words trying to tell a story, so it can be very painful and difficult to follow if i'm trying to tell someone a story unless i've been thinking and thinking over what i was going to say.
Oh my god, me too, word for word. It's so annoying to not be able to get things across.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #31
Gerbil 01
Bite me bitch!!

Gerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gerbil 01 Send a message via Yahoo to Gerbil 01

I had a list the other day, but AS decided to log me out when I tried to post it. Here's a few that I remember from it.

- I have to sleep with a fan blowing on me, summer and winter.
- I've only had 2 girl friends... one I married (won't go into that can of worms)
- Didn't loose my virginity until 20... which was by choice.
- I can sleep through a tornado, but unfamiliar sounds, even quiet ones, wake me up.
- I can't stand to take baths.
- I've dry humped a nuke (best lovin' I've had in awhile)
- Haven't had sex in close to a year (this september... thank-you you lieing, cheating, whore!!)
- I like a little tea with my sugar
- I love the cold, even if it's -40 with a -60 wind chill
- I'm open and honest, even if it hurts your feelings
- I used to have severe anger problems... but I've had that under control for around 7 years now. (yay me)

"Laughing at the ignorant, gullible, delusional, stupid, whining, and self righteous assholes... since 1982." *

*Disclaimer - If you read the above statement, and it offends you, then you'll know I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.*
Gerbil 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #32
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Gerbil 01
- I have to sleep with a fan blowing on me, summer and winter.
- I can sleep through a tornado, but unfamiliar sounds, even quiet ones, wake me up.
i forgot about those. same for me.

and i love sleeping when it's super cold, and then i stack a ton of blankets on top of me.
and i can sleep great if it's 60 or so in the house, but if i'm just even the slightest bit warm i toss and turn and can't get to sleep.

also, when i go to bed, the sheets and blankets have to be perfectly smooth, i only sleep with one pillow, and the opening of the case has to be facing away from me, i have to be sleeping facing away from my boyfriend, and when i get IN the bed, i pull the blanket and sheets up with my feet and kind of tuck them under my legs, but they still have to be smooth. i just have to feel the sheets on top and underneath my feet, but i don't like my toes to touch where it folds.

also, i can't sleep if my feet can feel the seam at the end of my mattress. same with my hands touching the top. and if a bed is pushed towards a wall i have to sleep on the outside.
i also have to pee RIGHT before bed. even if i went ten minutes earlier, it has to be the very last thing i do before i get into bed.

i have a lot of quirks that revolve around me sleeping. it's like a ritual or something.
Old 07-27-2006   #33
moonlight_serenade
groingrabbingly good!

moonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, here's my contribution.

-I hate the taste of oranges and orange juice, but I'll eat orange-flavoured things like popsicles and lollipops.

-I can't sleep unless the door of my room is fully closed.

-I can't touch raw meat. I freak out and cry. However, I'll eat it just fine once it's fully cooked.

-I don't eat tomatoes because of the squishy part in the middle. Ketchup's okay,though.

-I hate swimming in dirty water, be it a lake, ocean, river or pool. If it has stuff floating in it, like seaweed, or if I can't see the bottom, I will not go in there.

-The toilet paper goes over the top.

-If I leave the house without my jewelery, I feel uncomfortable the entire time I'm without it.

-I can't sleep with a necklace on, because I'm afraid it'll choke me.

-I have a garden gnome in my room that I keep under a towel, because I think it's watching me.

-I hate having my back turned towards the door.

Eh... I'm sure there's more. I'll post them later.

moonlight_serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #34
Ker_Bear
a CRAZY waste of time

Ker_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to allKer_Bear is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to Ker_Bear

- I like to sleep on top of the covers with a smaller blanket.

-I can't walk and drink at the same time. I have to either slow down or come to a complete stop to take a sip of whatever I've brought along.

-when I watch a movie if I need to get up for something I'll pause it even if I've seen it a million times.

-I fall down more when I'm sober then when I'm drunk.

-my bed is by my window, so I pull the curtain over the headboard just a little so I can see if anyone drives down my road.I can't stand someone driving by without knowing who it is.

-I constantly mop the kitchen floor just to smell the citrus scent.

-I get up early on wednesday's just to watch the garbage men collect my garbage.
no one gives a shit ... as long as we smile
Ker_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #35
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Ker_Bear
- I like to sleep on top of the covers with a smaller blanket.

-I can't walk and drink at the same time. I have to either slow down or come to a complete stop to take a sip of whatever I've brought along.

-when I watch a movie if I need to get up for something I'll pause it even if I've seen it a million times.

-I fall down more when I'm sober then when I'm drunk.

-my bed is by my window, so I pull the curtain over the headboard just a little so I can see if anyone drives down my road.I can't stand someone driving by without knowing who it is.

-I constantly mop the kitchen floor just to smell the citrus scent.

-I get up early on wednesday's just to watch the garbage men collect my garbage.
Haw, haw, haw, HAW! Wondahful! You are excellent, my friend. Most excellent, indeed.

*Clears throat self-consciously*

I've thought of a few more:

I do some "impersonations" when I talk, and make allusions to movies. They include Tom Cruise, assorted accents, Jack Sparrow, lines from LotR, and just various characters that my brother, sister and I conjured up (no, I'm not stable).

I can sleep most anywhere; in fact, I sleep better on the floor than on a mattress (I have scoliosis...).

I have never had a boyfriend or even a possible boyfriend (for quite obvious reasons - two of which are listed above). I also believe that I could live quite happily without a male at my side for the rest of my life, perhaps even exacting a hermit-like existence somewhere in the wilderness with a small dog named Theodore, surviving on tree bark and small, poisonous berries (I'd build up an immunity, of course).

I was home schooled until my freshman year of high school.

I fancy the odors of skunks.

(Sorry to burden you.)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #36
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

TP... under the bottom. Bottom, I say. My TP holder is recessed into the wall, so the lip of the recession holds the TP so it's easier to tear. You guys who have it over the top are all weird. Crazy.

I learn things better in school when I sleep a little in class.

I can crash out almost anywhere, and in a wide range of temperatures. I don't give a rat's ass about the covers, just hand me my shoes for a pillow and i'm set.

I never ride the elevator if the building has less than six stories. Lazy bastards.

I can smell a pig from a mile away. I've never been arrested and have never gotten any moving violations.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #37
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

I cant sleep with the door open, not even the closet door, good thing we dont have a closet in our room.
I love salty foods, chips, popcorn, pork rinds.
Besides dark chocolate, I love Red Vines.
I hate when the last person uses up the T.P. and doesnt replace it.
I hate to go to bed mad.
I'm such a push over when it comes to my kids.
I am very tickleish, dont even have to touch me, and I start to laugh.
I love to joke around and play pranks, as long as no one gets hurt.
I hate to make promises, if I can do it, I will, if I cant, I'll say so.
Tho I'm not religious, I do like to say the Lord's Prayer before I go to sleep.
I wish I had more children.
I love to travel by car, trains scare me, and once we take off in plane I'm ok.
I tend to "feel" dark, not sad or depressed, just not peppy.
I love my Tom's long blonde hair and his clear blue eyes, witty sense of humour, wonderful deep voice, contagious laugh, and warmth towards me.
I dont mind lending you a shoulder to cry on, but dont ask for money, aint got none.

That's it for now.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote