Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Sports

Old 09-26-2009   #1
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute
Fans of sports

Fireman Ed has something new to cheer about.

The Jets’ most famous fan received a game ball from coach Rex Ryan during the team meeting Friday for helping lead a raucous Meadowlands crowd during New York’s 16-9 win over New England last Sunday.

“On behalf of the fans and representing the fans, we gave him a game ball,” Ryan said. “There’s two, actually, one in our trophy case and we gave him the other one. He does a great job.”

Ed Anzalone, a New York City firefighter, has been coming to every Jets home game for years, wearing a fire helmet and leading the “J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!” cheer.

“That’s really the first time I’d ever seen him,” Ryan said. “When I was here before as a visitor, I kind of blocked everything out and never really noticed him. It’s hard not to notice him when you’re standing on the sideline and he’s getting the fans going and everything else.”

Ryan sent a voicemail message to season ticket holders last week, urging the fans to make things “miserable” for Tom Brady(notes) and the Patriots. The fans answered that call, and after the victory, Ryan said they were the difference in the team beating New England at the Meadowlands for the first time since 2000.

“He wasn’t the only fan you would notice, but I don’t know the names of everybody else,” Ryan said. “I’m sure there was Fireman Joe and everybody else out there. It was great because they’re our fans and we decided it was a little token of our appreciation to give him a game ball.”

Anzalone was also able to briefly address the men he cheers for.

“He was great,” Ryan said. “He was all fired up. He’s expecting a lot of wins, as are our fans, and he said this is only the start and our guys understand that.”

Anzalone, who usually wears a No. 42 Bruce Harper jersey to games, was included in the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Hall of Fans in 1999.

“Their passion is as great as mine is,” Anzalone told the team’s Web site of Jets fans. “There’s no difference. I’m just blessed to be able to lead the orchestra, to get them crazy.”

I usually attend JHS Varsity football home games, mainly cuz Bree is Band Captain, wearing either my royal blue t-shirt or the black band t-shirt with my little pom-pom and mini-megaphone. Just wondering who you all root for and do you go dressed in your favorite good luck outfit or made up in any way?

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Fans of sports

I root for the Oklahoma Sooners, we go to one football game a year and I wear either my pink and red OU sweatshirt, or one of my red and white OU shirts. I don't go made up or anything. I watch all the basketball games on TV, but usually with my school schedule I can't drive down to see one.

I also root for the St. Louis Cardinals, and though I do have a Cardinals shirt, since I never go to games I don't wear it that often; usually just to clean around the house.

I don't have an NFL team, I just root for the underdog when I sit and watch games. My family roots for the Dallas Cowboys, but I keep telling them it's a lost cause, with Jerry Jones as owner the Cowboys will not win a Superbowl.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #3
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

Watching the Bronco / Raider game last night they panned over the fans and I have to say I liked a few of those Raider creative costumes and such, at least dressed as so you can still look macho. Kind of hard to be manly dressed as a Squid ~ "back off or I'll ink you", just kidding, but girls can pretty much get away with anything they would wear (or not wear) and not look foolish.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Old 09-28-2009   #4
Tala
iGor

Tala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a huge Green Bay Packers fan. I like that they are a good and honest team while still staying competitive with the not-so-honorable teams. My dad is a season ticket-holder and so I have gone to a few games. I have a Donald Driver jersey that I wear to all of the games we go to, a Packer-themed snow hat, and green gloves. If I get really ambitious and it is a rivalry game, I will borrow my grandparents' cheese head and carry on the tradition. That, however, is a rarity. We always tailgate before the games too and watch all o f the crazier fans paint themselves green and gold. Yeah, the Packers have some pretty crazy fans...

Other teams I follow are the Wisconsin Badgers for college football, Milwaukee Brewers for baseball, and the Colorado Avalanche for hockey. It's rare, though, that I ever get to go to those games.
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
~ T. S. Eliot
Tala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #5
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Tala I think we need to see that - Cheese head, come on let's see you in full Packer madness.

Old 06-19-2011   #6
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

dude that guy spudnuts can't play. stop asking. he warms the bench

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote