Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Sports

Old 09-21-2008   #1
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth
Go BILLS!!

The Buffalo bills squeaked out a win against the Oakland Raiders in the last 3 seconds with a 1 point conversion from Rian Lindell. The Bills are now 3-0 in the AFC East.

On a side not to all the Patriot's fans on the forum Tom Brady's year out injury caused the Pat's to lose 38-13 against the Dolphins a defeated team since last season with the record of 1-15.

Next week Buffalo travels to St. Louis where I hope to see another stellar victory.

Last edited by Orgoth; 09-21-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Go BILLS!!

When I was watching the Ryder Cup, on the sports update they announced that the Miami Dolphins beat the New England Patriots. I thought they were kidding. I mean, I knew the Patriots would sorely miss Tom Brady, but to lose to the Dolphins? Wow!
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #3
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god

Ha ha, yep they are going to have a terrible season.
Old 09-22-2008   #4
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great season for watching the former-winners-turned losers; namely the Colts, Patriots, and in baseball the Yankees.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-22-2008   #5
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Jenn, you're a girl. Stop knowing so much about sports.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #6
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

I can't help it. If it helps any I don't know the formations well in football...I'm getting good at seeing holding penalties before the flag is thrown, and I recognized a play action the other night without anyone having to tell me. Yay, progress!

Oh, and I can't tolerate basketball.
Old 09-22-2008   #7
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

Boys hate it when girls know more about football than them.

Im in a 12 team fantasy football league and I'm the only girl and currently undefeated :) They all hate me

I'm glad Bills are doing good.. they deserve some wins after the past five-ish years of fail. Now if only the Texans could pull some off :(
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #8
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Texans? Never, same with the Saints and Dolphins, they are destined to lose for about another decade.

I'm in a 16 person league and I'm currently undefeated. I picked up J. T. O'Sullivan because Derek Anderson didn't get me many points in week 2, O'Sullivan got me 22 last night.
Old 09-22-2008   #9
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Rock ur socks View Post
Boys hate it when girls know more about football than them.
I don't hate it. I try not to know much about sports. My brain capacity is for more intellectual pursuits.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 09-22-2008   #10
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

Quote:
Originally Said by Jasondead View Post
My brain capacity is for more intellectual pursuits.
Oh I can tell! These AS threads are pure intellectual genius!
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #11
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a big surprise to even die hard Buffalo Bills fans as far as how well they're doing! 4-0, and every game have been exciting come back games so far! They haven't been 4-0 since 1992...the Jim Kelly/Thurmon Thomas era. All they need to do is stay healthy, and avoid injuries, and they may go all the way!
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #12
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Well we didn't see that last year, but with the parting of "Loseman" we may have a better chance. Although T.O. is being a little pussy and complaining about a sprained toe. God damn professionals I played high school ball on a fractured ankle and never bitched a day that season (granted that messed my ankle up pretty badly).
Old 08-15-2009   #13
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

The Bills have a tough schedule this year, and T.O. is not going to be the big hero that they are making him out to be.
I'm predicting that they will have no more than 5 wins for the entire season...
(I honestly do hope I eat those words though)
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias

Last edited by Funk*Sonic*7; 08-15-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2009   #14
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

i am hoping for none. O.J. curse!

GO PATS!
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #15
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
The Bills have a tough schedule this year, and T.O. is not going to be the big hero that they are making him out to be.
Of course he isn't, and there was also all that talk about the Bills picking up Michael Vick and since we didn't all the younger fans are pissed. Why would we want him, he can't even play until week 6, and that's still questionable. If they go 8 and 8, I think I'll be happy, it's a move towards improvement.
Old 08-17-2009   #16
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

You would think they would inspire the football players both on & off the field.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...other-calendar

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #17
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

i think i could learn to root for the dolphins after seeing that.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #18
EmperorChaos

That's how they getcha...
Homo.
-=-=-=-
Old 10-12-2009   #19
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
Just reminding of my prediction I made here before the season starts.
As of now, the Bills are 1 win and 4 losses with 11 more games to go.
Old 10-12-2009   #20
Orgoth
Mod In Training

They need to fire Jauron, and hire some decent players. No more of this "$40 million bellow the salary cap" so Ralph Jr. can make a few extra dollars for his pocket. Old bastard needs to retire and sell the team to someone competent, or at least hire a worthwhile General Manager and just not interfere with what goes on with the team.

Dick Jauron should have been fired last season, but no Ralph decided to extend his contract for another 3 years! Come on we gave him 3 years to begin with and he lead us to 3 losing seasons, why would anyone renew his contract!?