Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Sports

Old 11-17-2009   #1
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
GO KINGS.

Kopitar is the leading points scorer in the league! That's goals + assists = points.

Kings are doing outstanding this year. I am so proud of them :)

Even before the regular season started this year, I said to myself, "I am going to be a Kings fan this year."

The CrossTown Rival Ducks have failed me... LA has always been hometeam in my heart.

And forget about San Jose Chokers.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #2
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GO KINGS.

The Avs are kicking ass this year, too. Even with two 18-year-old rookies starting and losing Sakic. ESPN predicted them to be the second worst in the league this year, and that's not the case.

They just won against Calgary today, and are ranked third overall right now (behind the Sharks and Washington).

GO AVS!

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

The Avalanche are usually a good team. Sakic is a favorite.

I am liking the Kings lines. They are hussling out there, winning the battles against the boards and pretty much dominating in the zone and keeping the opposing team from even skating through the neutral zone.
Look for #23 Dustin Brown, the captain of the Kings. He's always hitting people, it's awesome to watch him. & he's got some moves with the puck too.

Today the Kings and Flyers go head-to-head on Vs. Channel. Watch it.

Maybe in playoffs we can see an Avs Vs. Kings semi-finals.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 11-18-2009   #4
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Sakic retired. =(
We're a team of rookies right now.

Anyways, yes. A Kings v Avs game would be awesome.
I do have to admit, though, the Sharks are dominating; I will point out, however, that the Avs beat the Sharks in their game this season. Muahaha.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Sakic retired? I did not know that. I liked the Avs when Peter Foresburg was on the team. But that man had the shit end of the stick and had too many injuries to be as effective as he could be. I remember it was him who threw a check and he was the one with the puck! sick move!! I think he's playing out in Europe now. No NHL for him

The Sharks were #1 team last year. Have technecially been an outstanding team for some odd years now. Though they always choke and lose in the first round of the playoffs. And considering they pretty much traded every player on the team this year, they are still dominating that first place in the Pacific Division.

Last year they were #1 team in the league and they lost to the Ducks WHO BARELY MADE PLAYOFFS!!!!

this team has no luck whatsoever when it comes to winning the first round. I dubb them San Jose Chokers. & any team to beat them is a win for the Kings :) who are in 2nd place in Pacific Div.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Last edited by psychoDiablo; 11-18-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2009   #6
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

My team (Buffalo Sabres) is doing good this year so far too. They're 12-4-1, and playing the Florida Panthers tonight.

On A Side Note: I know myslef and I think I speak for others, once you experience plaing ice hockey, every other sport takes a back seat. I used to play hockey back in my teens. I'm thinking of maybe investing $ in some equipment and finding a fun beer league or something in order to play again. I really miss playing.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #7
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
My team (Buffalo Sabres) is doing good this year so far too. They're 12-4-1, and playing the Florida Panthers tonight.

On A Side Note: I know myslef and I think I speak for others, once you experience plaing ice hockey, every other sport takes a back seat. I used to play hockey back in my teens. I'm thinking of maybe investing $ in some equipment and finding a fun beer league or something in order to play again. I really miss playing.
yes I noticed the Sabres playing very well. Kings beat the Panthers in the last game. SO win.

Ice Hockey is the coolest sport on the planet. If you put most sports into one, you'd come out playing hockey. where the ice skates come from, I don't know. lol just anny's the challenge. how about that?

I've been feeling the spirit to play hockey again. I really do miss playing it. I miss checking fools and scoring goals and making passes inbetween defensemen's legs. fuck yeah i remember I leveled this guy. Straight head on collision but he took all the impact and fell hard. fuckin dropped him. I stood over him, gave him a taunt and skated on. I too need to invest some $ for equipment. I have a couple other friends who would be down to play.

Kings Play Tonight. Vs. HD Channel

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 11-19-2009   #8
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass

Hardcore Capitals fan, here!

The only reason Kopitar is leading in points is because Ovechkin missed 6 games. At least the race will be a bit more even now :P. The Caps are playing pretty well, I'm happy. We've had a couple losses that we should have had, especially against Philly, NJ, and Columbus. Our goalies aren't doing too well, but we'll figure it out by the end of the year. I think we are legitimate cup contenders. We just have too much firepower for any goalie to stop. As long as our defense performs, we can beat any goalie.

The Avalanche are the biggest comeback team this year, period. Anderson is playing out of his mind for a rookie...step aside, Tavares, he's gonna win the Calder. Plus you guys have a great division, lots of fun games to watch. The Southeast is like the worst division in hockey, it's so boring most of the time.

The Kings have been playing great as well. They'll have to keep it up against the Sharks and the Ducks, though. Don't write off Anaheim. They made it to the conference finals for a reason and they will get their shit together sooner or later.

The Sabres are almost as surprising as the Avs. I haven't heard much about them other than that 19 year old defensemen (forget his name) is playing extremely well.

Can't wait to play all these teams! Oh and also, FUCK Pittsburgh. We play them in two months and I cannot wait to beat up on that faggot Sidney Crosby and that ogre Evgeni Malkin. They aint got shit on Ovie.
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #9
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

The Sabres lost against the Florida Panthers last night...they looked tired, and as a result, played sloppy. :(
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by Blackass View Post
Hardcore Capitals fan, here!

The only reason Kopitar is leading in points is because Ovechkin missed 6 games. At least the race will be a bit more even now :P. The Caps are playing pretty well, I'm happy. We've had a couple losses that we should have had, especially against Philly, NJ, and Columbus. Our goalies aren't doing too well, but we'll figure it out by the end of the year. I think we are legitimate cup contenders. We just have too much firepower for any goalie to stop. As long as our defense performs, we can beat any goalie.

The Avalanche are the biggest comeback team this year, period. Anderson is playing out of his mind for a rookie...step aside, Tavares, he's gonna win the Calder. Plus you guys have a great division, lots of fun games to watch. The Southeast is like the worst division in hockey, it's so boring most of the time.

The Kings have been playing great as well. They'll have to keep it up against the Sharks and the Ducks, though. Don't write off Anaheim. They made it to the conference finals for a reason and they will get their shit together sooner or later.

The Sabres are almost as surprising as the Avs. I haven't heard much about them other than that 19 year old defensemen (forget his name) is playing extremely well.

Can't wait to play all these teams! Oh and also, FUCK Pittsburgh. We play them in two months and I cannot wait to beat up on that faggot Sidney Crosby and that ogre Evgeni Malkin. They aint got shit on Ovie.
Kopitar has been the leader in points. Maybe not goals, but I say Ovie is a puckhog.
I wouldn't mind a Ducks vs. Kings playoff series. Kings all the way. Kings gotta work on goaltending. That's all they need. They need the 2003 JS Jiggy. lol

Kings destroyed Crybaby (Crosby + kid = crybaby lol) and the Pens when the Pens showed up in LA. Kings scored off a turn over from the kid and took the rest of the game. Very exciting to watch.

I think the Avs play the next game on VS. Channel. I'll check out the team, i havent seen any of their games.

lol@ ogre malkinass

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 02-06-2010   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

KINGS M'F'ers. Kings on a 9 game win streak. That's a new club record. I WAS THERE TONIGHT! saw them beat the red wings w/ bbq sauce. mmm mmm delicious.

Wings pulled a 2 zero lead in 20 seconds in the first period. 2nd period came, Kings scored 3 to tie the game up at 3, 3.

third period, smyth comes in front of goaltender Howard and i dont know how, but im cheering before i even know the puck is in the back of the net and then it's in the back of the net and im yelling. fuck yeah!!! kings win 4, 3.

i'm asking the detroit fans, AND GOD DAMN THERE WAS A LOT OF THEM, i'm asking them, "HEY, how many games have the kings won now?... 9, WTF I thought you knew!!!" hahahah i love winning at home and baggin on the other team SWEET VICTORY

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina