Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 01-25-2003   #1
Sweathog
Experienced Member

Sweathog is doing greatSweathog is doing great
This whole fucking war shit

I saw a friend who I hadn't seen for a year and a half. He's in the marines. He's shipping out in the mobilisation for the imment attack on Iraq. It just pisses me off the fact that I may never see him again. Fuck war. Dont fight wars, fight war!

I'm back, motherfuckers!

See what I see...
Sweathog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003   #2
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
the war is justified in the fact that they have borken almost every aspect of the cease fire made at the end of dessert storm. but on a high note for you, we have gotten advances since dessert storm and now we only need to send 1/5 of the military to have the same results. my bro in law was in the marines and if your friend was taught like him then your friend can probably take care of himself.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003   #3
makilwen

makilwen should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to makilwen
War is mankind's way of the change of ideas

~Hey baby, want a green card?
COLDLY PRACTICAL

"Omg, i've never seen a white chick in a Sari before!"
makilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003   #4
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
War is a way for governments to enforce rules and agendas.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003   #5
makilwen

but there was war before government

COLDLY PRACTICAL

Old 02-10-2003   #6
Stickman
Newbie Member

Stickman is on a distinguished road

War is gay
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003   #7
makilwen

Gay is an overused and misused word

COLDLY PRACTICAL

Old 02-11-2003   #8
zer0tonight
Well Known Member

zer0tonight has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to zer0tonight
Stupid war....My uncle is now not allowed to retire with his new born son BUT to go back and be sent to iraq I am scarred. I wish that countries wouldnt fight. They kill and hurt innocent people.....
Old 02-14-2003   #9
uhoh
Newbie Member

uhoh is on a distinguished road
Why are we supposed to start a war with Iraq?

Minimal research on Bush's connections with people he's placed into office is a good place to start. Condi Rice for instance worked for Chevron who actually named a tanker after her. Her qualifications in her present position are as dubious as any of the rest of them. Check out Rumsfeld's backgound, Cheney's, Richard Clarke's ... list goes on. Anyone wondering why Kissinger backed out of the position he was given after a few days? Simple math: exposure = truth = evil One might assume certain experience would seem to be desirable in specific positions, however to some it's like being the proverbial kid in a candy store.

Then, on www.whitehouse.gov there is (was?) plenty of information available to the public, which everyday becomes less as some is edited or removed. There is still plenty there to connect the dots if a person pays attention though.

Notice how unemployment went down to 5.7% immediately after Bush shut down the Department of Statistics within the Department of Labor. Hydrogen fueled vehicles are being given much attention suddenly when they could've been long ago. Seriously, 1970s trucks still compete with current SUVs on MPG. Notice also, the US focus on "protect" Iraq's oil fields from French and German interests due to agreements they supposedly signed with Iraq prior to the current upheaval. Notice also the lack of "evidence" whitehouse keeps saying exists contrary to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and that the JCS are very apprehensive about war with Iraq.

It's ever so amusing how the US didn't mind doing business with Saddam Hussein when the US thought he was going to be an cooperative little dictator with banking, oil and trade negotiations at home and in foreign affairs. The US and Europe have both helped supply Saddam Hussein with most of the materials he has accumulated. They've made their money, and now that Saddam Hussein is not as cooperative (would you be if someone had you under a thumbscrew asking you why is my oil under your sand?), the powers that be intend to rope Saddam Hussein back into his corner and teach him a lesson.

Meanwhile, Iraq has been crumbling under constant bombings, suffering near total polluted and destroyed water supplies, starving hundreds of thousands innocent people including children. Guess who is not suffering in the same way and who won't be on the front lines or stand to lose a thing except ego? Hussein and Bush. They get to play with the money and innocent people get killed on both sides (boom .. oops ... so sorry ... wash, rinse, repeat) including US military many of whom do not want to be there but are going because that's what they're supposed to do.

Is Saddam Hussein a nice guy and an innocent? No. Are Bush and his cronies behaving any better? No. US is just bigger and doesn't want anyone else controlling oil that controls money flow which directly affects trade. Is there a better way to maintain control of resources since our leaders have screwed us tight as a lightbulb into showing force, or be subjected to a collapsing dollar and economy? I don't know. It does seem however that Bush intends to correct the US deficit and gain oil control via war.

Some would call that history and as it should be due to human nature's propensity to self-destruct through bad behavior. I do know I don't vote to kill innocent people so I can take what they have, and neither do I support a leader who does it himself. I do know if we need something someone else has, there's ways to barter around a war. The current administration has made no pretense of a pre-emptive strike, and war is not their last resort. It's just cutting to the chase and ignoring consequences of lives lost and ruined foreign relations.
uhoh is offline   Reply With Quote