Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 02-22-2003   #1
iwant2stalku
Needs to confirm E-mail address

iwant2stalku has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to iwant2stalku
Abortion

What do you think about abortion? Post your thoughts here...
iwant2stalku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003   #2
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje
I think it's an option, not bad or good.

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003   #3
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie
if i got a girl pregnent, i would beg and grovel for her to NOT get it aborted, because that kinda of thing would literaly destroy my life.
that said, i have nothing against others wanting to use it, its their choice, but for me, i dont want it, i just belive the option should be there.
Old 02-22-2003   #4
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Dg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost Smart
So you would prefer she had the kid?

What would you do then?

Why force a shite life on someone?
Christ, how many suicidal people do you know?! I mean, I've met a couple, but I never really pay attention to them because I figure if they were really suicidal, they'd be killing themselves instead of whining. It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about...
Dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003   #5
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on the situation for me really... I'd probly die just from being pregnant tho Then the child would probly die too...
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003   #6
iwant2stalku

I don't think I could ever bring myself to have an abortion, but that doesn't mean other women shouldn't have the right to choose. I totally disagree with partial-birth abortions.
Old 02-22-2003   #7
krad

krad has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to krad
I disagree with abortion if it is treated as a form of birth control. Have a baby, toss it, have another, toss that one too...etc. That is sick. But if the girl was raped or something, then get the tainted creation out of her body. Because what are the chances that she'll love a child that was literally forced upon her in a disgusting and horrible way?
krad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003   #8
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie
dg: why would it be a shit life?
i could get a job, i could look after it, i could be its father. it would make MY life shite, but - in my mind - thats better than it dieing.
Old 02-23-2003   #9
makilwen

makilwen should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to makilwen
Abortion is murder, only 4% of abortions are from rape or incest. That means that's 96% of abortions are because the child was an "inconvience" to the mother. The child should be given a chance at life. and for all those who say it's a woman's "right to choose" it was her choice to be whore, once she is pregnant it is no longer her choice about the child. as for the other 4%, it is hard but doesn't that child deserve a chance? there are lot's of people who come from very screwed up backrounds, but they are still given the chance to live and make the best of their life.

~Hey baby, want a green card?
COLDLY PRACTICAL

"Omg, i've never seen a white chick in a Sari before!"
makilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003   #10
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
fact: abortion deaths out number the fatalities of any war we ever had by at least double.

i am pro choice........if women want a child don't use a condom, if they don't use a condon or abstainance. abortion is wrong unless it is for rape or incest victums.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003   #11
scranford

scranford is on a distinguished road
I am kinda confused, being religious, I don't think that abortion is good, but on the other hand having a child from incest or rape would be horrible, and you might hold some resent for the child, and that would not be good at all. So personally, I would never have an abortion unless not having one would put me in a situation that would end up harming me.
Old 03-02-2003   #12
BuNyDAlifeGUARD

BuNyDAlifeGUARD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BuNyDAlifeGUARD Send a message via Yahoo to BuNyDAlifeGUARD
If the mother has good reasons, i think it's okay. If she just does it because, then i dont think it's okay.
All by myself
All by myself
All by myself

I went to your house, but no one was there
I went to your room
I was all by myself
You and me had
Such wonderful times
When I'm all by myself, all by myself......

BuNyDAlifeGUARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003   #13
2fast4U
Trainee Member

2fast4U is on a distinguished road
I think no one can't really say anything about it if they haven't experienced the situation themselves. The decision, whether or not to do abortion, must be hard one to make. You are not doing the decision only for yourself but for the unborn baby, too! Though actually it is not yet a baby, it is only some cells...
2fast4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003   #14
scranford

scranford is on a distinguished road
The cells of a baby! Does not a mighty oak start from a tiny seed?
Old 03-03-2003   #15
2fast4U
Trainee Member

2fast4U is on a distinguished road
Yes, but you don't necessarily think of the cells as a person already!?
2fast4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003   #16
iwant2stalku

I think deciding to have an abortion would be a very difficult decision to make-for anyone. A lot of teens that get pregnant aren't financially stable enough to support a child and it would be wrong to bring a baby into a world like that.
Old 03-13-2003   #17
fadingroses
Well Known Member

fadingroses should be rewarded
Too emotional. It's an egg cell, it's a sperm cell. There's more than enough life on this planet as it is. More efficient to start killing us off than birthing others.
fadingroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003   #18
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Quote:
Originally posted by fadingroses
Too emotional. It's an egg cell, it's a sperm cell. There's more than enough life on this planet as it is. More efficient to start killing us off than birthing others.
Even though the moral quelms I have over abortion are less than that of others, that comment makes me sick. It sounds like something Hitler would say.

If a woman makes a choice to destroy her unborn child and knows she will hafta live with that choice forever then should must have a damn good reason. I don't think we should restrict that woman's right, it's her body afterall.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003   #19
uhoh
Newbie Member

uhoh is on a distinguished road
It's similar to the death penalty for criminals. Who is so arrogant to pretend they are a god? If they are so arrogant or deluded, why should anyone else pay them any attention? How much attention does a crazy person get in reality?

To the best of my knowledge, no one on earth should have the power to individually decide who should or should not die, child or adult. Neither should any group of individuals make decisions that will affect only an individual. If that group of individuals was to bear the burden of such a decision, then the decision would belong to everyone in that group, no? Otherwise, individuals should be responsible for themselves.

Some would say that such decisions have been made by groups traditionally within different cultures since the beginning of recorded time. I would add though, that if knowledge, science and philosophy of living have progressed at all, it should reflect in the ability to live and let live as much as possible.

Think about it before giving up any of your rights to either another person or group who will not bear your consequences.
uhoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003   #20
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
How is putting criminals to death playing god?

You make it sound like it's god's job to kill people. Hmm

Since you seem to believe in god, why do you question the ability he gave you to take away life?

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote