Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 01-10-2005   #1
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
"Fahrenheit 9/11" Wins People's Choice Award for Favorite Film of the Year

Published on Thursday, December 9, 2004 by CommonDreams.org
People's Choice Awards Nominates 'Fahrenheit 9/11' as "Favorite Film of the Year"
by Michael Moore

Dear Friends,

May I take a break from our post-election despair to share with you a little piece of happy/silly/cool news?

"Fahrenheit 9/11" has been nominated by the People's Choice Awards as the American public's "Favorite Film of the Year." The five nominees were chosen from a poll of thousands of Americans in mid-to-late November. The other nominees for best film are "Spiderman 2," "The Incredibles," "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (with Jim Carrey), and "Shrek 2." It is the first time ever a documentary has been nominated for best film by the People's Choice Awards.

The People's Choice Awards are considered, among all the awards shows, to be the one which most accurately reflects the "mainstream" public opinion in the United States.

OK, now, here's the best part: YOU get to vote! Online. Now. Just go here, click on the little circle next to "Fahrenheit 9/11" in the "Favorite Movie" category and press the "vote" button. Voting is going on now and continues only through this coming Monday, December 13, at 3:00pm ET, so send an e-mail to your friends and let them know they can vote, too. Winners will accept their awards live on CBS on January 9.

Now, normally I wouldn't make a very big deal out of something like this. It's nice and I'm honored, but it's not exactly the number one priority on any of our minds these days. In fact, when we found out we were nominated over a week ago, I didn't even think to tell you about it or put it up on our website.

But then a group of top Republicans took out a full page ad in USA Today (and placed a similar one in the Hollywood trade magazine, Variety) proclaiming that "An election is over, but a war of ideas continues." The point of the ad was to say that while they, as right wing conservatives, were proud of getting rid of Kerry, there was still one more nuisance running around loose they had to deal with -- me! They also issued a not-so-subtle threat to the Academy Awards voters that, in essence, said don't even THINK about nominating "Fahrenheit 9/11" for Best Picture. And Bill O'Reilly recently bellowed that if the Oscars recognize my work this year, Middle America will boycott Hollywood.

Oops. I guess he spoke too soon. Because now along comes Middle America's favorite awards show, the People's Choice, and the People's Choice this year, along with a Spiderman superhero and a lovable green ogre, is a film that apparently continues to resonate throughout the country. The truth about Iraq, Bush, terror and fear. The election has not altered or made irrelevant, unfortunately, a single one of these issues. That they (and the film that dealt with these issues) are still at the forefront of the majority of the public's minds should give serious pause to Mr. Bush as he brags about a nonexistent "mandate" and begins to spend his "political capital."

He may have been (barely) the people's choice on November 2 (Ohio recount excluded), but now the people get to vote again, this time for a movie. It's about the best we can do right now, and, trust me, it won't be long before we start the real work we need to do to get our country back.

Again, go to http://www.pcavote.com/voting/film/f01.shtml if you want to vote for our film. I promise, if we win, to give a nice and polite speech.

Yours,

Michael Moore

December 13, 2004
Stop Michael Moore - Vote in People's Choice Awards

Having been shut out for a Golden Globes Award and a near-certain Academy Award for Best Documentary, Michael Moore is out hunting around for another award ceremony to spoil and has set his sites on The People's Choice Awards.

The voting for Favorite Movie opened on 11/29 and ends on 12/13 at 12:00 PM PST. In order to keep Moore off the podium, concentrate your votes on one alternative selection in the category. I am recommending The Incredibles which is the leading candidate oppostite Moore.

PASADENA, California (AP) -- Two films that defied the odds to earn millions at the box office joined a familiar green ogre to take top honors at the 31st annual People's Choice Awards on Sunday.

Michael Moore's film "Fahrenheit 9/11," which took a critical look at President Bush's actions after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, won the favorite movie award, while Mel Gibson's explicit "The Passion of the Christ" won in the favorite drama category.

Moore dedicated his win to the U.S. troops fighting overseas and said he was "amazed" that people voted his film their favorite.

"I love making movies, and I'll take this as an invitation to make more 'Fahrenheit 9/11s,"' Moore said.

Those conservatives must really be desperate if they have to take out full page ads and even have entire websites devoted to doing whatever they can to stop Michael Moore, a filmmaker. They say, "we're engaged in a war of ideas". So? What's wrong with having ideas? Or is it only conservative ideas that they want allowed? What happened to free speech in this country?
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)

Last edited by Madre; 01-10-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #2
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
Re: "Fahrenheit 9/11" Wins People's Choice Award for Favorite Film of the Year

free speech has changed from wonderful films like casablanca, and citizen kane to fahrenfiet 9/11.
it has changed from the patriotism and rich stories to anti-nationalism canada loving micheal moore's Fahrenfiet 9/11.

micheal moore himself called his film propaganda. i got no problem with ideas but downright lies portrayed as if they were truth is wrong. even wesley clark could point out discrepancies in this propaganda and he did.
might i also remind you that hitler used propaganda and it worked for him in germany.

now onto the awards. if micheal moore wins an award such as best picture, best anything the awards that are being televised are risking that 51% of americans that voted against the propaganda will turn off their TVs and never watch it again. this is why the awards will not go to him eventhough it may be their top choice, they cannot allow it to win for fear of a backlash. do not expect a victory for this propaganda because it will not come.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #3
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel

Quote:
Originally Said by poopy
the awards will not go to him
Sorry, but he won the people's choice award last night.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #4
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by poopy
free speech has changed from wonderful films like casablanca, and citizen kane to fahrenfiet 9/11.
it has changed from the patriotism and rich stories to anti-nationalism canada loving micheal moore's Fahrenfiet 9/11.

micheal moore himself called his film propaganda. i got no problem with ideas but downright lies portrayed as if they were truth is wrong. even wesley clark could point out discrepancies in this propaganda and he did.
might i also remind you that hitler used propaganda and it worked for him in germany.

now onto the awards. if micheal moore wins an award such as best picture, best anything the awards that are being televised are risking that 51% of americans that voted against the propaganda will turn off their TVs and never watch it again. this is why the awards will not go to him eventhough it may be their top choice, they cannot allow it to win for fear of a backlash. do not expect a victory for this propaganda because it will not come.
I agree. It's a sad day when a film full of propaganda and lies wins the people's choice. Gag me.

I really hope Michael Moore keels over and dies of a heart attack soon. Nothing would make me happier.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #5
ImpossibleDreamer
Experienced Member

ImpossibleDreamer is just really niceImpossibleDreamer is just really nice

For the purpose of educating me and others who read this post, please point out the specific allegations in the movie "Farhenheit 9/11" that were incorrect.
ImpossibleDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #6
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

how about this ? MAKE YOUR OWN MOVIE AND SHUT UP. FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE !

Its our time to gloat like the filthy pigs we are, you had november, we have january.

Shut up.
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #7
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

In the golf course scene (about the middle of the movie), Bush had just heard about a terrorist attack on Israel. He called the press together to make a quick statement condemning the terrorism against Israel. At the time, and quite unfortunately, Israel was experiencing almost daily terrorist attacks. He was not speaking about attacks on the United States, as Michael Moore was insinuating.

Fahrenheit shows Condoleezza Rice saying, “Oh, indeed there is a tie between Iraq and what happened on 9/11.” The audience laughs derisively. Here is what Rice really said on Nov.28, 2003:
"Oh,indeed there is a tie between Iraq and what happened
on 9/11. It ’s not that Saddam Hussein was somehow him-
self and his regime involved in 9/11, but,if you think about
what caused 9/11, it is the rise of ideologies of hatred that
lead people to drive airplanes into buildings in New York.
This is a great terrorist, international terrorist network that
is determined to defeat freedom. It has perverted Islam
from a peaceful religion into one in which they call on it
for violence. And they ’re all linked. And Iraq is a central
front because, if and when, and we will, we change the
nature of Iraq to a place that is peaceful and democratic
and prosperous in the heart of the Middle East, you will
begin to change the Middle East...." If it doesn't serve his agenda, Moore conveniently omits it. Only those blind to the truth, or in stubborn denial of it, trust Moore's rendition of ... anything.

Moore says that Saddam’s Iraq “had never murdered a single American citizen.” In fact, Saddam paid for terrorist bombers in Israel who murdered Americans, along with Jewish and Gentile children, and many people of other nationalities. Saddam also sheltered the American-killing terrorist Abu Nidal,and the bomb-maker for the 1993 World Trade Center bombings. Moore paints a disturbingly rosy picture of a bloodthirsty dictator.

#1 - "We have an impressive gathering of the haves and the have-mores." "Some people call you the elite, I call you my base."

Perception: George W. Bush is raising money for his campaign

Reality: George Bush and Al Gore were both in attendance at a fundraiser for health care programs at the Archdiocese of New York. They raised over $900,000 that evening while exchanging barbs in honor of the late Alfred E. Smith.

#2 - "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." - George W. Bush, State of the Union address, Jan. 28, 2003

Perception: Bush lied.

Reality: "Two exhaustive government reports came out last week showing that it is the president's lionized accuser, and not Mr. Bush, who has been having trouble with the truth." It turns out that it was Joseph Wilson who had been lying.

Sources:

http://www.findoutmoore.com/documentaries.htm#F911
http://www.f411.com/reality.html
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLI....smith.dinner/
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/19/op...5070&oref=regi (you have to become a member of ny times to see this article, btw)
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Jenn and tonic; 01-10-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2005   #8
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

For anybody interested in seeing the video of Michael Moore's acceptance speech, here it is: http://homepage.mac.com/onegoodmove/...enheit911.html
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Old 01-10-2005   #9
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

who cares about his acceptance speech? he's just another guy trying to make a buck with a "documentary" that gets people pissed at "the man".
Old 01-10-2005   #10
OutRadge
superman that hoe

OutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost Smart
Send a message via AIM to OutRadge Send a message via MSN to OutRadge Send a message via Yahoo to OutRadge

i wanna see that movie 'Fahrenheit 9/11', lookss good.
OutRadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #11
ImpossibleDreamer
Experienced Member

So far, I have not been provided with solid information about why Fahrenheit 9/11 is "propaganda." Jenn & Tonic provided some comments. I thank her for responding. A few thoughts:

1. Jenn & Tonic apparently did not see Fahrenheit 9/11.

2. Jenn & Tonic referred to Fahrenheit 9/11
as propaganda by

referencing two propaganda web sites
to support the contention that
Fahrenheit 9/11 is propaganda.

3. Jenn & Tonic provided some minor clarifications
about the movie that did not in any way
disprove the main points of the movie.

4. It is well documented that
Bush Administration members,
including Condi Rice,

frequently used the words "Iraq" and 9/11"

in the same sentence without actually saying

that Iraq attacked the U.S. on 9/11.

This was done on purpose.

A study I have referenced on a previous post
shows that large numbers of the American people
believe that Iraq attacked us on 9/11
as a result of this Bush Administration tactic.

5. Regarding the allegation that Saddam Hussein
sought quantities of uranium from Niger,
this has also been dealt with on previous posts.

The allegation was based upon forged documents.

The President was warned about this
prior to his reference to it
in a State of the Union Address.

It was not Joseph Wilson that was a liar.

Wilson was given the government assignment of

looking into the Niger uranium/Saddam Hussein allegations.

Wilson tried to warn the Bush Administration

and spare them the embarrassment.

Nevertheless, the false information was used
for propaganda purposes to convince the
American people that Iraq needed to be
attacked.

This is well documented.

6. Jenn & Tonic referenced CNN and New York Times.

The CNN report merely clarified that a Bush comment
regarding "haves and have mores" as being his "base"
was made at a comedy roast.

It was an obvious attempt at humor, which had some basis in fact.

This was the point made in the movie.

As for the New York Times article,
I could not find a point in the article
which would denegrade the movie.

7. As for the golf course scene:

The movie showed the President making a very
serious statement about terrorism
and then callously asking reporters
to admire his golf shot.

This was the point.

(This is the same sort of criticism
the President received when he
callously waited 3 1/2 days
before interrupting his vacation
to comment live about the tsumani tragedy
and terrible loss of lives)

8. It would be helpful if someone who has seen
Fahrenheit 9/11 would provide information
to clarify why they think it is propaganda.

So far, only broad negative statements,
references to propaganda web sites
and minor points about background clarifications have been made.

Last edited by ImpossibleDreamer; 01-10-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2005   #12
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

can we have a new rule? :
Keep political news/views/articles off the front page unless it's VERY, VERY important (ex: Bush gets shot).
THANKS.
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #13
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
1. Jenn & Tonic obviously did not see Fahrenheit 9/11.
Yes, I did see the film, you just ASSUMED I did not see the film. All I saw was a blatant attempt by a biased man to get people to think what he wants them to...i.e propaganda. He does this in every movie he makes.

Take the part when he talked about the Saudis being allowed to leave the country without being asked many questions. This is a lie, and the 9/11 Commission confirmed this.

He also talked about the Unocal pipeline, how Enron could benefit from the construction. This pipeline construction was stopped in 1998 [during Clinton's administration] and Enron had nothing to do with this.

As for the Bush administration mentioning 9/11 and Iraq together...they have made it CLEAR that the war on terrorism is a war on terrorism and those WHO SUPPORT TERRORISTS. It would be an outright lie if you tried to tell me that Saddam Hussein did not support terrorists. It is common knowledge that he and his regime funded and supported terrorist acts.
Old 01-10-2005   #14
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

yea really.

oooh and i love your avatar of napoleon dynamite in uncle rico's time travel machine. :D
Old 01-10-2005   #15
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
Originally Said by Rock ur socks
can we have a new rule? :
Keep political news/views/articles off the front page unless it's VERY, VERY important (ex: Bush gets shot).
THANKS.
I agree, actually. ...time to go unsubscribe from this thread! I'm sick of politics and political people.

I give up. I'm right, they're wrong, and that's how it is.
Old 01-11-2005   #16
ImpossibleDreamer
Experienced Member

Thank you for providing information about the movie Fahrenheit 9/11, Jenn & Tonic. I appreciate your reply.

As for the point about invading Iraq at a cost of almost $100 billion U.S. dollars so far, and the cost of 1,500 U.S. lives and 10,000 wounded . . because Iraq sponsors terrorism:

http://www.cato.org/dailys/11-16-01.html

Cato Institute List of Top Countries Sponsoring Terrorism:

Saudi Arabia -

Most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi.

Much of the funding for 9/11 terrorists was Saudi

Chances of invading Saudi Arabia?

Zero.

Pakistan - Led by a brutal leader who came to power in a coup.
Now he is our new friend who is helping us search for bin Laden
Wonder why we have not found him yet?

China - Major trading partner.
Chances of invading a major trading partner who has nuclear weapons
and one of the world's largest populations?
Zero

http://www.terrorism101.org/states/

List of State Sponsors of Terrorism:

Palestinian Authority - (Many wonder why Israel is not on this list too.)

Iran May be developing nuclear weapons.
IAEA Negotiations.
No invasion.

Syria Most likely to invade next.

Libya - Removed for good behavior

Sudan Where 800,000 people have been murdered in
brutal genocide attacks in recent years.
No invasion of this sponsor of terrorism.
Negotations, though.

Cuba - They are small and close,
but have great vacation areas
and great cigars.
No invasion.

North Korea No invasion
Currently U.S. is refusing one on one negotiations

Wow! This is a lot of countries to invade!
S o many countries . . .so few tax dollars.

Who did we invade?

Saudi Arabia who provided much of the money and most of the terrorists for the 9/11 attack against us?

Or Iraq, who sponsors terrorism against Israel?

Last edited by ImpossibleDreamer; 01-11-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-11-2005   #17
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

i could go into great detail on why every point i saw in that movie wasn't solid at all. but i am not going to waste more time writing it than i did watching it especially when it is almost spelled out to a "T" in other threads. i got a better idea. instead of me wasting my time repeating myself how about you go and do your homework and find out about like I already have.

and for reference there have already been movies like fahrenhype 9/11 and celsius 41.11.
both are put together hastily but have a sole purpose of debunking fahrenhiet 9/11. again i won't repeat myself. if you want the truth go see those and then check the internet, but i am not your random house dictionary.

p.s.
the only reason the people's choice awards can give the award to micheal moore is because no one watches them anyway.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #18
ImpossibleDreamer
Experienced Member

I have seen neither of the movies that allegedly were responses to Fahrenheit 9/11.

I searched for reviews to provide information about them.

Reviews indicated the movies did not necessarily challenge information in Fahrenheit 9/11.

The movies did, however, provide much anti-Kerry footage.

Michael Moore reportedly hired lawyers to check his facts before Fahrenheit 9/11 was released.

Michael Moore has provided point by point answers to every charge of "falsehood" raised about his movie.

In fairness, I've read (and agree) that part of the script must be listened to carefully, or it can be misleading, though not "false."

Regarding the charge that Saudis were not thoroughly interviewed before being allowed to leave the country:

Thirty of the 142 people on these flights were interviewed by the FBI, including 22 of the 26 people (23 passengers and 3 private security guards) on the Bin Ladin flight. Many were asked detailed questions. None of the passengers stated that they had any recent contact with Usama Bin Ladin or knew anything about terrorist activity."

National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, Threats and Responses in 2001, Staff Statement No. 10, The Saudi Flights, p. 12;

http://www.9-11commission.gov/hearin...atement_10.pdf

“I talked to several people who were with the FBI during the actual repatriation. And they told me there was a lot of back-and-forth between the FBI and the Saudi Embassy. And the Saudi Embassy tried to get people to leave without even identifying them.

The FBI succeeded in identifying people and going through their passports. But,in many cases, you had the FBI meeting people for the first time on the tarmac or on the planes themselves as they were departing. That was not time for a serious interview or a serious interrogation.”

Interview with Craig Unger, CNN, September 4, 2003.
Old 01-13-2005   #19
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Hey, where's that thread that has all the pictures of Dubya comparing him to a chimpanzee? Here's a new one for you!

Old 01-14-2005   #20
OutRadge
superman that hoe

OutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost Smart
Send a message via AIM to OutRadge Send a message via MSN to OutRadge Send a message via Yahoo to OutRadge

I just watched that movie it was kinda boring but very interesting
OutRadge is offline   Reply With Quote