Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005   #301
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AS Member Portraits

To trump the Spicy Carrot of Oblivion, you have to really work.

All hail the Spicy Carrot of Oblivion.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Old 10-11-2005   #302
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

ahahaha, you high man? What be this, "Spicy Carrot of Oblivion," of which thou speakest? : P

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Old 10-11-2005   #303
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

Zanhoria Picante.

Use your handy-dandy Spanish dictionary.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Old 10-11-2005   #304
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

oh.. duh! haha i can't believe i took five years of spanish and still failed to miss that.. : P sorry spicy carrot, i'm a little slow at times ; )

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Old 10-11-2005   #305
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, "no worries", Sytrohs87, as they say in that one wicked country. I'm slow...all....the...time...so...yeah.

Quote:
Originally Said by Frea Aelmihtig
Spicy Carrot of Oblivion.
Where'd the "of oblivion" come from? It'd be like, "Zanahoria Picante De Nada" or something [even though that would literally translate into "Spicy Carrot of Nothing"].

Dude.

And, no, I'm actually quite "trump-able". But thank ye kindly, nonetheless.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 10-15-2005   #306
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, just to update (and double post...again ), I've finished organizing the progressions for all of the previous portraits (which took a bloody long time, I'll tell you.) So, here they be.

Portrait Queue:

1. Wonkey Gigolo (Completed...Progression)
2. psychodiablo2 (Completed...Progression)
3. Savage_Nature (Completed...Progression)
4. le shiny tyney (Completed...Progression)
5. Katy (Completed...Progression)
6. Schism- (Completed...Progression:Part 1, Part 2)
7. STORM (Next "victim")
8. Sazzle
9. Dustoff
10. Indiana Tones (hehe...)
11. Ziech
12. Argentmoon
13. RubberDucky55
14. Hamana & Weasel
15. Jagged
16. Breaker
17. Tsunami
18. Kyle?
19. -=*Christina*=-
20. Narnar (Completed...Um, sorry no Progression, I'm afraid )
21. Psychosis
22. DeNegro
23. Auric Severn
24. Hashim, er, Notlob
25. oceandream130
26. MudPuppet
27. dointhisbymyself
28. cloudnine
29. ag0ny

I'm still in the process of forging STORM's portrait; it's coming along quite nicely thus far, and I should have it up soon...ish. It's more "impressionistic" than the other portraits, more linear and such. Bwah! That's enough rambling.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 10-15-2005   #307
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

i'm glad you double post. cuz then i'd be the only who does it from time to time.

and stop apologizing for it. no one is going to ban you. as long as im still here, no one should get banned. hah

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
Old 10-15-2005   #308
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo
i'm glad you double post. cuz then i'd be the only who does it from time to time.

and stop apologizing for it. no one is going to ban you. as long as im still here, no one should get banned. hah
Okay then. I apologize for apologizing for double posting.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 10-22-2005   #309
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Frea Aelmihtig
To trump the Spicy Carrot of Oblivion, you have to really work.

All hail the Spicy Carrot of Oblivion.
LOL... "Spicy Carrot of Oblivion". She's still the "Possessor of the Piceous Hand" in my book . You've made quite a reputation for yourself, Zanahoria Picante.

Old 10-22-2005   #310
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Tsunami
LOL... "Spicy Carrot of Oblivion". She's still the "Possessor of the Piceous Hand" in my book . You've made quite a reputation for yourself, Zanahoria Picante.
Bwahhh! Too many nick names. And I hope that's a good thing.

*ahem*

After much, much ado and an unnecessarily long delay, I give you "STORM in colored pencils."

This one was tricky because the picture printed out really terribly, so it was difficult to see. Yeah, my printer sucks beans. The form is obviously off at some points, and I took some "artistic lisence" with the colors, but there you have it.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 10-22-2005   #311
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

Awesome as always.

I love the way you did the highlights in her hair.

eeek. I'm the next 'victim' now aren't i?
Old 10-22-2005   #312
Zanahoria_Picante

Why thank you.

And...

Yes, that you are. Be afraid! MUHAHAHAHAHA! Hah.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 10-22-2005   #313
david
Elite Member

david has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to david

Is it just me, or does the picture of Storm have her looking [or at least bearing a reasonable resemblance] to Jay Leno with that rather enormo-chin-chin-cha-thing?

[Zaynab made me!]
Old 10-22-2005   #314
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, that you are. Be afraid! MUHAHAHAHAHA! Hah.
Yes, my sister just pointed out that you'll be spending hours upon hours staring at my face....

I pity you.

Thanks again for doing it Zana. I'm amazed at the amount you've doen already [and the amount you have left ]

EDIT-
Quote:
[Zaynab made me!]
Elf Ears!!!
Old 10-22-2005   #315
david
Elite Member

david has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond repute

zaynab: i hate you. [and my ears are /so/ getting more attention than yours just now.]
Old 10-22-2005   #316
sazzle
I hate you all.

Quote:
Originally Said by usto
zaynab: i hate you. [and my ears are /so/ getting more attention than yours just now.]
I hate you more.

ps. Do your ears perk up when you're happy?

edit- Directed at Zaynab obv.
Old 10-22-2005   #317
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Sazzle
Yes, my sister just pointed out that you'll be spending hours upon hours staring at my face....
MU-hahaha...okay, that's enough evil laughter for now.

You're mean Kali...or, um Dustoff? What's going on?!

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 10-22-2005   #318
david
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Said by sazzle
ps. Do your ears perk up when you're happy?

edit- Directed at Zaynab obv.
that's for me and dayv to know, and you to find out.

[i'll bend your ruler yet.]
Old 10-22-2005   #319
sazzle
I hate you all.

note to self- avoid leeds.
Old 10-23-2005   #320
Guinness And Mohawks
So cut me open and hear me bleed

Guinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Guinness And Mohawks Send a message via Yahoo to Guinness And Mohawks

now im normally not one to whore myself. but oh spiciest of the carrot's. i think you should do one of me, just because you have skill, and id love to see what it'd look like.

Shamless Promotion: Check out The 2nd Ward
Closed Thread