Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005   #281
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks
Re: AS Member Portraits

Holy shit!

I'll admit I've skipped reading this thread for a long time cus I thought it was some never ending thread but today I looked at it and WOW! Amazing! You really have talent.. every single one of these portraits have been great! Keep up the good work
Old 09-28-2005   #282
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Rock ur socks
Holy shit!

I'll admit I've skipped reading this thread for a long time cus I thought it was some never ending thread but today I looked at it and WOW! Amazing! You really have talent.. every single one of these portraits have been great! Keep up the good work
Erm...thanks! That's an easy enough mistake to make, I suppose; This has become quite a lengthy thread, indeed (almost, dare I say it, "never-ending" ). Hmmm. Anyway, muchas gracias.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 09-28-2005   #283
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante
That said, here's a Progression for psychoDiablo(2)'s portrait from 'back in the day'. It's not as detailed as some of the other progressions I've posted, only having six pictures. *shrugs* More to come in the near future...
psychoDiablo(2) hahah what is that?!

and you are insane. i'm glad you did this for me. :)

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
Old 09-28-2005   #284
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanhoria Picante
Oh, good one! *raises hand sarcastically for a high five* Well, your scheme would've been more effective, had you not, um, openly stated it. So there! "Ugh, idiot!"
That's half the fun of it.
I'm overtly stupid.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Old 09-28-2005   #285
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo(2)
psychoDiablo(2) hahah what is that?!

and you are insane. i'm glad you did this for me. :)
Well, that's what your name used to be. Hence the 2's parenthetical position...hello?!

I'll take this opportunity to add that I feel incredibly duplicitous in my portrait-forging ways. For, as was stated earlier by Pd(2), I did send him his portrait after repeatedly declining money/portrait-send-ability from others. Even after this admission of my deviousness, I feel slightly ashamed. *casts head down in shame*

Quote:
Originally Said by Frea Aelmihtig
That's half the fun of it.
I'm overtly stupid.
Not a problem. I'm quite 'overtly stupid' at times. Most of the time...All of the time. Tractor!

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 09-28-2005   #286
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, good one! *raises hand sarcastically for a high five* Well, your scheme would've been more effective, had you not, um, openly stated it. So there! "Ugh, idiot!"

Erm, anyway, here's the preliminary sketch for STORM.

I'm going to do this one in color as well, methinks...
AHHHHHHH.... my nose and ahh MY LIPS! they are huge! lol...not bad tho

Old 09-29-2005   #287
Bubble Girl
the little kaDy that could

Bubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't even finished yet Ashley. Calm down...
Old 09-29-2005   #288
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

lmao.

Good indication that she likes it if she's screaming already...
Old 09-29-2005   #289
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

so with all this hubbub about portraiture, i decided to get in on the action.. here's a preliminary shot of a pic i found of Mudpuppet in that "pictures of yourself" thread. so, should i keep working on it? yea? nay? may..um..bay? I know it's not as great as any of Zanahoria's pieces, but i thought it'd be fun.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Old 09-29-2005   #290
dointhisbymyself
best vinyl collection ever!

dointhisbymyself is a glorious beacon of lightdointhisbymyself is a glorious beacon of lightdointhisbymyself is a glorious beacon of lightdointhisbymyself is a glorious beacon of lightdointhisbymyself is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to dointhisbymyself Send a message via Yahoo to dointhisbymyself

that's pretty good, you should definately finish it.

"i slept before i woke up... so i'm good."

^ dumbest thing i've ever said.
Old 09-29-2005   #291
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

Damn all these talented people...

Post it in a new thread, and I'd be interested to see the end result.
Old 09-30-2005   #292
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by STORM
AHHHHHHH.... my nose and ahh MY LIPS! they are huge! lol...not bad tho
Hmmm. Well. It is only, after all, the preliminary sketch. But I concur that it is drastically off in many a way (the alignment of the eye in respect to the nostril, for example). Needs some work, to be sure. For, a difficult composition, this picture has.

Quote:
Originally Said by Sytrohs87
so with all this hubbub about portraiture, i decided to get in on the action.. here's a preliminary shot of a pic i found of Mudpuppet in that "pictures of yourself" thread. so, should i keep working on it? yea? nay? may..um..bay? I know it's not as great as any of Zanahoria's pieces, but i thought it'd be fun.
I say "yay!" That whole bit with the "may" and "bay" reminded me of "Happy Gilmore". Anyway, ye only has a different style from me; it's very impressive. Go forth!

Shall I remove the "Puppet de Mud" from my list then...?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 09-30-2005   #293
ag0ny
Drowning in your awe

ag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ag0ny

would you mind doing this one?.... t'woud be much appreciated

T o T h e O t h e r S i d e . . .

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 02-27-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2005   #294
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by ag0ny
would you mind doing this one?.... t'woud be much appreciated
'Twill be mine pleasure to addeth thee.

Portrait Queue:

1. Wonkey Gigolo (completed)
2. psychodiablo2 (completed)
3. Savage_Nature (completed)
4. le shiny tyney (completed)
5. Katy (completed)
6. Schism- (completed)
7. STORM (Next "victim")
8. Sazzle
9. Dustoff
10. Indiana Tones (hehe...)
11. Ziech
12. Argentmoon
13. RubberDucky55
14. Hamana & Weasel
15. Jagged
16. Breaker
17. Tsunami
18. Kyle?
19. -=*Christina*=-
20. Narnar (completed)
21. Psychosis
22. DeNegro
23. Auric Severn
24. Hashim, er, Notlob
25. oceandream130
26. MudPuppet
27. dointhisbymyself
28. cloudnine
29. ag0ny

I'm doing STORM's portrait in colo(u)red pencils, which I haven't used in some time. Currently, I've began adding the color (and it no longer resembles a half-sedated porpoise, as the preliminary sketch sort of did. ). So yeah...

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 10-06-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-06-2005   #295
Zanahoria_Picante

Yes...um. I completed this one of Narnar a while ago, because, erm...

Just thought I'd share.

*clears throat*

STORM's portrait is going pretty smoothly, save for the fact that colored pencils are evil....

EDIT: I apologize for my double-posting-ness...

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 10-09-2005   #296
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes...um. I completed this one of Narnar a while ago, because, erm...

Just thought I'd share.

*clears throat*
that right ^there^ is why i paid you what i did
Old 10-09-2005   #297
DeNegro

DeNegro has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to DeNegro

that's so beautiful you got the lighting perfectly.
your back is begging sweetly for my knives!

but i need!
your heartbeat
to own me,
your cold lips to breathe,
a promise that, tomorrow
we'll wake up somewhere new.
Old 10-09-2005   #298
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Blood Red
that right ^there^ is why i paid you what i did
Why thank you.

And so my chicanery is being revealed...one portrait at a time...

Gracias a De Negro tambien. Narnar's portrait actually took me the least amount of time, strangely.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 10-10-2005   #299
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Sytrohs87

AhhhH! That's cool, you're a good drawer. Make my neck skinnier though.
Old 10-11-2005   #300
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

will do, ps - there's a specific thread for my portraits now, though i'm really swamped with work, so i won't be finishing for a little while.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Closed Thread