Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 02-15-2005   #1
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
Member of the Month: March

Okay!! It's time to cast your votes for the member of the month for the fantabulous month of March!!

Here's how it works

1. PM me with your first preference, and your second preference
2. You can vote only once
3. Make sure you put "Member Of The Month" in your subject line
4. You can vote for any member currently posting (including moderators)
5. No voting for yourself

If you have anymore questions, PM me

You have until the end of February to cast your votes! We will then count up the votes to see who the lucky member is.

The winner of each month's Member of the Month will recieve points, which can be redeemed at the store, or the arcade.

Good luck!!
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #2
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Re: Member of the Month: March

Haha, good to see someone taking some initiative. Check your PMs.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #3
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

wait!! why the hell are we voting for a member of the month for march!!!?!?!?!?! surely we should vote that member IN the month of march not in the month before hand! I mean if we're voting now it should be for the member of the month for the month of february.....

you idiot rob, your system is messed up....hey how bout we vote for the member of the year right now for 2006?

all I can say rob is, you fuking plum
Old 02-15-2005   #4
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

rob, check ur messages inbox, dun mine

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #5
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

YES! I've accomplished something in my feeble life.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #6
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

no, dean, his system works fine. someone is voted to be the member of the month for march, so that they can be that all through march. haha, it makes sense to me at least.

RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #7
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by RubberDucky55
no, dean, his system works fine. someone is voted to be the member of the month for march, so that they can be that all through march. haha, it makes sense to me at least.
Aye, makes sense to me too

Unless you look at it by how the person acted that month. So we don't know how people will act through March yet, so the member of the month March might be really cool in Feb. when we vote for them, then be a total splooge through their month

Or something like that.
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #8
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje

Well I think it's all good the way it is
One question, have we decided how many points the winner gets?

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #9
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

A Bajillion!!!!!
Old 02-15-2005   #10
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, not yet Spades. We can discuss the amount of points the winner gets in the special mods forum

And yeah. it's the member that gets displayed throughout March Dean. Duhhhh!!!! Who looks like a plum now?
Old 02-15-2005   #11
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

How do you choose just one member?

What is the criteria? How can you be SURE a person deserves member of the month?

I think I'll just skip out on voting.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #12
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Wobbie
Nah, not yet Spades. We can discuss the amount of points the winner gets in the special mods forum

And yeah. it's the member that gets displayed throughout March Dean. Duhhhh!!!! Who looks like a plum now?

I can't post it their since I'm no longer allowed to mod.. For some reason, that never was explained to me..

But, that's my input on points!
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #13
Wobbie
Is Back

Haha, okay. well, 300 sounds good to me. Unless any other mods have any other suggestions, i think 300 will be good.

It's just who you think has been the best/coolest member and a second preference for the best/coolest member for the last month, or since the last member of the month (for future months voting). The criteria for your own choice can be whatever you want it to be. Yeah, you don't have to vote if you don't want, but the more votes, the better
Old 02-16-2005   #14
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I think that there should be nominations first, so that it's just narrowed down to like ten or so people.
Old 02-16-2005   #15
Wobbie
Is Back

I was trying to avoid a public voting system like that. To keep it more of a secret. Plus if people PM me the votes, there's less chance of people screwing with the polls, voting numerous times, or voting for yourself. I've worked this all out before i came up with the current system. So don't worry
Old 02-16-2005   #16
Mr Stabby

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's just who you think has been the best/coolest member and a second preference for the best/coolest member for the last month, or since the last member of the month (for future months voting).
exactly what I was saying!!! how can you have a coolest member for a said month if you vote a month before hand??

look your system is flawed, what I was saying was correct......if a criteria for it is best/coolest member for a month then you need to vote for that person based on how brilliant/cool they are in that said month, not beforehand...

your system needs a lil tweaking.......and you people who said it makes sense dont really know what your saying do you?

look try this system, vote the best/coolest member to win member of the month for february so at the end of the month they win whatever award you give them....then you do it again in march and so on....otherwise you just have an odd system...and then you just confuse matters...I mean whats the point of saying we're gonna vote someone to be member of the month for march for being cool and they then become an assh*le during that month, makes those who voted that member look like a dickh*ad then don't it......you don't base it on what they could do, you base it on what has happened....

I know I don't make much sense, but there is method to my madness...I mean like I said, do we vote for best film of 2006 now when they havent even finished filming?

Quote:
you do still..
Old 02-16-2005   #17
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

Dean, it wouldn't work that way. If we started voting in march for the month of march, this person would not be 'member of the month' for a month...just for like, a day, if that. So voting early lets the person have more recognition.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-16-2005   #18
Mr Stabby

Ah but thats only if you do it rob's using robs odd system....I mean why does the winner have to have recognition past just getting points and say their name on a winners board? I mean winners at the oscars do they care about it a few days later? no they just stick the award on the shelf an get on with other important things lol what im getting at is Is what gratification are they going to get for being it for a month? it just shows the flaws with this system...like me and narnar have said we could vote for the coolest in february to win the march award but they could then be a dick in march...wow thats really something to be proud of....
Old 02-16-2005   #19
Stu
Elite Member

Stu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart god

Dean is a bum
Old 02-16-2005   #20
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Quote:
Originally Said by Psychosis
Ah but thats only if you do it rob's using robs odd system....I mean why does the winner have to have recognition past just getting points and say their name on a winners board? I mean winners at the oscars do they care about it a few days later? no they just stick the award on the shelf an get on with other important things lol what im getting at is Is what gratification are they going to get for being it for a month? it just shows the flaws with this system...like me and narnar have said we could vote for the coolest in february to win the march award but they could then be a dick in march...wow thats really something to be proud of....
Well, looking at that way, why give any awards at all whatsoever? Who really cares? Who really gets recognition for it later?

It's all relative.