Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Writer's Corner

Writer's Corner The pen is mightier than the sword. Post your writings or poetry. Also discuss your favorite authors or books.

Old 02-26-2004   #1
Sosyerface
Trainee Member

Sosyerface is respected by allSosyerface is respected by allSosyerface is respected by allSosyerface is respected by allSosyerface is respected by allSosyerface is respected by allSosyerface is respected by allSosyerface is respected by all
They call me a bitch

Last edited by Sosyerface; 10-06-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Sosyerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004   #2
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: They call me a bitch

Humm .... what is that spost to mean ? I kinda know what you say . I tell people who i am and then i get laughed at or just dumb stuff it is kinda annoying . Then this guy that i know calls me "mormon" everytime he see's me after a while it starts to get on my nerves so he said it this morning and i was just like screw you john!

Last edited by STORM; 03-24-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Summer Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004   #3
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

yeah, that's cool. It has a cool message to it. Cheers for sharing that PFF
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

well i see wehre you are coming from.
take the nice guy.

he's there. he's listening. That's all he ever does.
Yet, there's never any appreciation.
or at least, that's how i feel.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004   #5
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

isn't it wonderful how self denial can become so delusional that even the title of bitch seems an honour?

or perhaps a lie is always a lie.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004   #6
HauntedMike
fear the hangover fairy

Location: Monifieth, Round-the-corner-from-the-place, Scotland
HauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divine
Send a message via MSN to HauntedMike Send a message via Yahoo to HauntedMike

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo2
well i see wehre you are coming from.
take the nice guy.

he's there. he's listening. That's all he ever does.
Yet, there's never any appreciation.
or at least, that's how i feel.
Right there with ya, boss There's always gotta be some people up there on the wall... unfortunately, a lot of folk don't even realise the is a wall.

-Mike
Old 03-01-2004   #7
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by purplefurryfreek
self denial as in holding off, or as in denying something not too flattering about yourself?
either or.

probably mainly the latter.

though a negative form of the former comes into play - actually doing something and believing you're in the right, can often be the result of not looking past the end of your own nose.
Old 03-01-2004   #8
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Quote:
I really don't think that's what the writing is about - she's not excusing herself for being a nasty bitch, just explaining why she has to go against some other people to do what is right by her, or close to her heart - if that means disenchanting some people, so be it.

It's not about being dissolusioned, more about doing what you believe in and making the sacrifice of being branded a bitch for it.
i enjoy interpreting poems, and very often the result is several explanations of the author's intent. more often than not, the author only had one, possible two purposes for writing a piece, usually to inform, or to let loose certain feelings.

however, as a piece is written with the writer's bias [as can not be avoided - especially in terms of releasing feelings etc] such as with pieces like this, then very often one can only see from the writer's point of view.

but try looking the other way. a new intent emerges, one that is not of the author themselves, but the intent of somebody seeking to find an alternative meaning, one that hasn't emerged itself, as the author may not realise it or may in fact be hiding it.

fact is, there's always two sides to every story.
Old 03-01-2004   #9
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

don't feel sorry for me, really. there's nothing to be sorry about. it's not your fault. it's nobody's fault. there's nobody to fault, as there's nothing to fault anybody with.

smile.

not at all trying to be different.

my honest to goodness first interpretation of the poem was:

"the lady doth protest too much" and it developed from there.

it appears i speak in riddles when it comes to poetry. unfortunately as a result, i appear to be overcomplicating things when in fact, i'm just saying what i think.

large words tend to scare small people - small words placed correctly, scare giants.

and i think in riddles i suppose. cynical ones at that.

as for the rep - my pleasure. i live in one big rant, i can appreciate others too.
Old 03-01-2004   #10
HauntedMike
fear the hangover fairy

Location: Monifieth, Round-the-corner-from-the-place, Scotland
HauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divine
Send a message via MSN to HauntedMike Send a message via Yahoo to HauntedMike

Quote:
*shakes fist*
I smell a copyright lawsuit coming on... (See sig)

-Mike
Old 03-01-2004   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Kali
it appears i speak in riddles when it comes to poetry. unfortunately as a result, i appear to be overcomplicating things when in fact, i'm just saying what i think.

large words tend to scare small people - small words placed correctly, scare giants.
i like the way you talk. it sounds smooth, and it keeps going to suddenly stop on one certain point.

i always like large words statement. pretty clever as i tend to think that too.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 03-01-2004   #12
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Quote:
I like that....where did you get it from, i think i heard that before -wait - you weren't directing that at me, were you *shakes fist*
i think i quoted that at someone in my school a couple of years back when these people started calling me the human dictionary for using words they didn't understand in conversaton - woopsy daisy...
actually, in total honesty, i made it up when writing that post.

must be a great minds think alike type thing. or am i just the fool?
Old 03-02-2004   #13
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

nah, think i'm the fool.
its great minds think alike for u2

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina