Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 06-05-2005   #1
ueatpoo
Experienced Member

ueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of light
animal fights continued

ok now i got a new one. a great white shark vs. a t-rex. in a pond shallow enough for the t-rex to stand in but deep enough for the shark to swim.
Old 06-05-2005   #2
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: animal fights continued

T-Rex... in one bite.
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #3
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Shark, because the T-rex wouldn't have been able to have the flexibility he needed to take chunks out of the shark. The shark could bite the t-rex's leg with ease.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #4
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

What kind of shark? Like a modern shark, or a prehistoric shark?
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005   #5
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

He's talking about a great white shark....are prehistoric great whites different from modern?
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-06-2005   #6
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

Yeah, they were bigger.

There are no accurate measurements since sharks are mostly cartaliginous and don't leave fossils. But their jaws and teeth are bone, and prehistoric shark jawbones are big enough for a man to walk through. So, given modern shark proportions, ancient sharks are thought to have been up to 100 feet long.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005   #7
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Oh. Well then, my vote is still for the great white.
Old 06-06-2005   #8
Shadowinsane2
Experienced Member

Shadowinsane2 has a spectacular aura aboutShadowinsane2 has a spectacular aura aboutShadowinsane2 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Shadowinsane2 Send a message via MSN to Shadowinsane2

The great white would probably be able to easily knock over the T-Rex, once knocked over the T-Rex can't get back up because of it's physical structre thus the great white could either kill it there, or wait for nature to take it's course.
Shadowinsane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

hmm. i think the shark. the water will make doubles for the Trex, and since i saw Jurassic Park, the Trex can't see shit. so even if he saw the shark underwater, he'd only be looking at the reflection. the shark would take his legs off and Trex would drown.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #10
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

Well if it's a BIG shark, then it'll win, maybe..

Unless the T-Rex never goes in the water in the first place, then it's a matter of who stays alive the longest elsewhere :P

If the pool is big enough for a shark of that size to swim freely and easily, I just don't see the T-Rex wading in for no reason. If it's a shark that's today's size, I just don't see that being able to do a lot of damage to the T-Rex. If it nibbled it's ankles, it could probably just stomp it to death. Though if it were knocked over, assuming the shark got too close to the T-Rex's mouth, it could still die first.. I'd imagine the T-Rex would go apeshit and chomp chomp everything it can, if it were knocked over..
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by Narnar
Well if it's a BIG shark, then it'll win, maybe..

Unless the T-Rex never goes in the water in the first place, then it's a matter of who stays alive the longest elsewhere :P

If the pool is big enough for a shark of that size to swim freely and easily, I just don't see the T-Rex wading in for no reason. If it's a shark that's today's size, I just don't see that being able to do a lot of damage to the T-Rex. If it nibbled it's ankles, it could probably just stomp it to death. Though if it were knocked over, assuming the shark got too close to the T-Rex's mouth, it could still die first.. I'd imagine the T-Rex would go apeshit and chomp chomp everything it can, if it were knocked over..
lol. maybe it would drink the all the water in the pond and the shark would suffocate.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #12
schism-
King Cunty

schism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to schism-

The shark. It's a perfect predator when it's in it's element.

I have the Downs.
schism- is offline   Reply With Quote