Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 07-30-2011   #101
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: IRC Chat #AlmostSmart is Back!

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
Sorry!! All the online games I play lag on every browser except Safari! I will try this out asap on my laptop with a different browser thoughBTW, I appreciate all your help.
There's no way that Safari runs better than Chrome.
You're just doing something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
Buckett disappeared. Not even the bots want to talk. D:
Buckette only replies to specific triggers. She has to be taught otherwise.

At the moment, Liberty will respond to any line that begins with her name. However, I intend on recompiling her with a better AI module.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #102
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

I would use crome, but there is no point, considering there isnt a single Academic Journal database that is compatible with it.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #103
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Folks. What I find amusing is that #AlmostSmart is on the verge of having more regulars than AlmostSmart.com.

Users on #AlmostSmart: madskiny Buckette Marxus iasov Liberty VirusAlert Some1 sauron Uhriventis Zyria Damien_Alucard Brutus

I'm not even doing anything to grow it either. People just keep finding it and sticking around.

And YES I try to get them to join the forum too. That doesn't always pan out.

I see you guys stopping by sometimes but I am not always around. Let me ask you something, if I were to go to somewhat of a great length to explain how to set up either a standalone IRC client (i.e. no browser) or a bouncer that will leave you connected even when you turn off your computer (allowing you to reconnect later and see any messages you missed) or BOTH, would you follow the instructions?

It's actually not that difficult to do. The hardest thing would be for me to write out a list of steps that would be required for both PC users and Mac users and on various clients. Other than that specificity, the actual act of connecting to a BNC (bouncer) is simple.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 08-31-2011   #104
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

more regular idlers is more like it.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #105
EmperorChaos

People have been talking in there for the last three hours. And I'm not one of them.
-=-=-=-
Old 09-01-2011   #106
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

ill believe it when i see it

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #107
EmperorChaos

Don't bother reading this. It's mostly just a bunch of nerd/Linux talk. But yeah, it's becoming active. Since people started talking about Linux in there on their own, I decided to advertise it to others. Let's see what happens. :P

-=-=-=-=-

[19:51]
<~iasov> I need to install the X-Sys plugin on this Xchat

[19:51]
<&Uhriventis> Goto their site and get the linux drivers

[19:52]
<~iasov> maybe there's no one for win7 xchat. nvm. I'm about to play and die on a quick game of dungeon crawl and then go rebuild a computer

[19:52]
<&HisRoyalFreshness> Oh shit

[19:53]
<&HisRoyalFreshness> I reopened pSX's readme, and it opened where I was when I closed it

<&Marxus> did it not show up in the non-open source driver thing?

<&HisRoyalFreshness> This is great~

<&Buckette> "This Is Great" would be a good name for a band.

<&HisRoyalFreshness> What are you talking about Marxus

[19:54]
<&Marxus> he was talking about intel drivers

[19:54]
<&Marxus> Uhriventis was

[19:55]
--- Uhriventis (~Uhriventi@some.vhost) has Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

--- GodDamn (~Uhriventi@Rizon-C62B9FD7.pools.spcsdns.net) has Joined #AlmostSmart

gangstah gives channel half-operator status to GodDamn

[19:56]
<%GodDamn> Fucking country

<%GodDamn> What's the group command

<%GodDamn> I forget it

[19:58]
<~iasov> /ns group target password

[19:58]
GodDamn is now known as Uhriventis

[19:59]
--- Marxus (~user@bow.ties.are.cool) has Quit (Quit: Lost terminal)

gangstah sets mode +a #AlmostSmart Uhriventis

gangstah gives channel operator status to Uhriventis

<~iasov> i.e. as an unregistered nick, /ns group Uhriventis ilovegaybutts66

[20:00]
Uhriventis is now known as GodDamn

[20:06]
<&HisRoyalFreshness> Batman

<&Buckette> I am Batman.

<&HisRoyalFreshness> GodDamnBatman

[20:13]
<&HisRoyalFreshness> http://eusaforums.com/forum/index.ph...html#msg182260

[20:13]
<&HisRoyalFreshness> What's he talking about

[20:20]
<&HisRoyalFreshness> Does anyone have a recommended media player?

[20:20]
<&HisRoyalFreshness> I'm fooling around in Software Center and eeing a lot

[20:22]
<~iasov> HisRoyalFreshness: I like both VLC Player and SMplayer

[20:26]
<&GodDamn> VLC

<&GodDamn> My fav

<~iasov> Same here.

<~iasov> Something happened to my install of it though. Shit stopped working. I couldn't be arsed to figure out how to fix it so I just installed SMplayer.

<&GodDamn> Use it with Windows too and on my phone

[21:47]
<~iasov> potus

[21:47]
<&Buckette> Did you know that Cerb used to play in the band Dont Believe It?

[21:48]
<~iasov> I don't.

<~iasov> OKAY

<~iasov> I've wasted enough time here.

<&GodDamn> Haha

<&GodDamn> Potus

<&Buckette> Did you know that Immunogenic used to play in the band because I can?

<~iasov> Haven't done shit. Haven't set up another computer. Haven't called my friend Kate to see if she wants me to come over. Haven't taken a shower which I'll have to do if she does. Haven't done' shit.

<~iasov> And so I bid you a jew.

[21:49]
<&GodDamn> Later

<~iasov> Buckette: and so I bid you a jew <reply> I'll see your Jew and raise you a $follower.

<&Buckette> Okay, iasov.

<~iasov> Buckette: alias so i bid you a jew => and so i bid you a jew

<&Buckette> Okay, iasov.

[21:50]
<~iasov> I'm the only one that after says that.

<&GodDamn> Nazi

<~iasov> but yeah

<~iasov> so I bid you a jew

<&Buckette> I'll see your Jew and raise you a non-believer.

<&GodDamn> I'm an Atheist. I am raised

<~iasov> so I bid you a jew

<&Buckette> I'll see your Jew and raise you a Shaman.

[21:51]
iasov sets mode -r iasov

You are now known as Emperor

Emperor sets mode +r Emperor

<&GodDamn> Voodoo

<&HisRoyalFreshness> [10:14:26] Emperor
<&gangstah> [11:37:29] [HisRoyalFreshness] There's only one man in this chan that has been banned for trolling, and then resurrected because he was so good at it.
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:37:47] sup Uhriventis
<Uhriventis> [11:38:01] Nothing
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:38:10] What's the name of the program that I used to install Ubuntu from flash?
<Uhriventis> [11:38:28] Unetbootin
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:38:43] o rite
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:38:54] Is classic look what I'll get in 10?
<Uhriventis> [11:39:25] Yup
<Uhriventis> [11:39:57] I like classic better
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:40:01] Well damn
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:40:06] I like the sidebar a lot
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:40:29] And the fact that it doesn't have a taskbar on the botto of the screen
<Uhriventis> [11:40:56] You can upgrade if you like. But ctr f2 is search so... Don't really need it
<Uhriventis> [11:41:24] You can delete that bar
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:42:31] I wonder if I can put it on the side for the same effect as this mother has
<Uhriventis> [11:42:51] Look at kde 3.5.9 (my fav) vs kde 4
<Uhriventis> [11:43:15] Called a dock bar
<Uhriventis> [11:43:40] You can make it look like a mac, win whatever
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:44:02] I need an application for exe files
<Uhriventis> [11:44:15] WINE
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:44:25] Really?
<&Buckette> [11:44:25] yes really you dangerous toad.
<Uhriventis> [11:44:36] Yeah
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:45:27] I'm looking at kde desktops
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:45:38] I did like Windows' quick launch buttons
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:45:52] ofc this bitch has it too
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:46:01] Can I apt-get win?
<&HisRoyalFreshness> [11:46:03] wine
<Uhriventis> [11:46:35] http://www.linuxnov.com/wp-content/u...x-desktop1.png
<Uhriventis> [11:46:57] Yeah or software center
-=-=-=-

Tags
biscuits, buckette, eggdrop bot, irc, liberty, xkcd