Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 06-14-2011   #81
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: IRC Chat #AlmostSmart is Back!

bring em over to the boards

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #82
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Still refuses to work for me. I got the following: irc.rizon.net: Closing Link: ircip4.mibbit.com (Invalid client hostname)
Does it not work with Safari, or something?

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #83
CrunchBite
explosions are half all the fun

CrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divine

Works alright with ChatZilla, despite it's not-very-usefullness.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #84
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
Still refuses to work for me. I got the following: irc.rizon.net: Closing Link: ircip4.mibbit.com (Invalid client hostname)
Does it not work with Safari, or something?
Pittielynn, are you using the #AlmostSmart IRC link between Arcade and Log Out above?

The only thing I can think of is that you've got a firewall or something like it that is blocking your connection to ircip4.mibbit.com which I believe is a "pseudo" IDENT server that you must connect to for all of 2 seconds before you may connect to the IRC server. Ident proves a connection is real. Mibbit's web-based interface doesn't have Ident, so it has to connect for a split second to that ircip4.mibbit.com server.

There are a few things that can be done to test this and fix the problem but I'd have to have you around to test them (with any ease at any rate). Perhaps we'll meet on Facebook?

OR....

There may be a temporary solution that will get you on IRC long enough to fix the problem. Try connecting to IRC via the link below.

Join #AlmostSmart and #Iasov here!

Then say my nick "iasov" to get my attention. It will most likely be "iasov^afk" though. But I also have 11 or so other nicks. :P (that I don't use.)

From there I can fix your Mibbit problems by troubleshooting them.

Quote:
Originally Said by CrunchBite View Post
Works alright with ChatZilla, despite it's not-very-usefullness.
What not very usefulness? Chatzillas? Aren't there scripts for that? If you are displeased with Chatzilla, I can talk to you in the channel about finding a better client for you to use.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #85
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
Pittielynn, are you using the #AlmostSmart IRC link between Arcade and Log Out above?
Yup :(
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that you've got a firewall or something like it that is blocking your connection to ircip4.mibbit.com which I believe is a "pseudo" IDENT server that you must connect to for all of 2 seconds before you may connect to the IRC server. Ident proves a connection is real. Mibbit's web-based interface doesn't have Ident, so it has to connect for a split second to that ircip4.mibbit.com server.
I only use Norton 360.
Quote:
There are a few things that can be done to test this and fix the problem but I'd have to have you around to test them (with any ease at any rate). Perhaps we'll meet on Facebook?
That might be necessary! I'll msg you.
Quote:
OR....

There may be a temporary solution that will get you on IRC long enough to fix the problem. Try connecting to IRC via the link below.

Join #AlmostSmart and #Iasov here!

Then say my nick "iasov" to get my attention. It will most likely be "iasov^afk" though. But I also have 11 or so other nicks. :P (that I don't use.)

From there I can fix your Mibbit problems by troubleshooting them.
Its probably ridiculously simple and stupid, too. #storyofmylife

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade

Last edited by Pittielynn; 07-20-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2011   #86
CrunchBite
explosions are half all the fun

CrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divine

There's nothing wrong with ChatZilla in particular. It's rather convenient since I use SeaMonkey suite already. I'm just clunky with it and the documentation is a little old at times.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #87
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Yup :(

I only use Norton 360.
That might be necessary! I'll msg you.

Norton is probably most likely the culprit. It's probably blocking connections at port 6667 or the IRC servers' host addresses. I think I had Norton doing that to me. It's fucking stupid. Because the possibility exists for IRC to be used by the owner of a botnet formed by hundreds of hijacked computers, Norton blocks it.

If you can access your logs, see if an IP address is being blocked at port 6667 and if it is, allow it through your firewall.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 06-20-2011   #88
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

try this homegirl,
http://wbe01.mibbit.com/?settings=52...t&Nick=AS_user

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-20-2011   #89
EmperorChaos

That link is essentially the same as all the others, pD. Any mibbit.com link connects through wbe0x.mibbit.com where x is a number 1-5.

So pittielynn, you might be able to try wbe02, wbe03, etc, if pD's link doesn't work. (He really likes that link though. :P)
-=-=-=-
Old 06-21-2011   #90
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

it's cuz it's short and sweet and there's no explanation for it. just click it and log in. worked for Jenn.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-20-2011   #91
Pittielynn

No matter how many times I try this, it never fucking works!! wejbvrhfbvwrwje!!!

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 07-20-2011   #92
Pittielynn

This is what I got when I clicked on the link EC gave me:

Status
[20:27] qwebirc v0.90-rizon41
[20:27] Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Chris Porter and the qwebirc project.
[20:27] Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Rizon development team.
[20:27] http://www.qwebirc.org
[20:27] Licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 2.
[20:27] == *** (qwebirc) Looking up your hostname...
[20:27] == *** (qwebirc) Found your hostname.
[20:27] == Connected to server.
[20:27] == Please wait while we process your connection.
[20:27] -irc.cyberdynesystems.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[20:27] -irc.cyberdynesystems.net- *** Checking Ident
[20:27] -irc.cyberdynesystems.net- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
[20:27] -irc.cyberdynesystems.net- *** Got Ident response
[20:27] == WEBIRC Invalid client hostname
[20:27] == ERROR: Closing Link: 64.150.180.227 (Invalid client hostname)
[20:27] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 07-20-2011   #93
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

how many times do i gotta tell you to use this one:

http://wbe002.mibbit.com/?settings=5...t&Nick=AS_user

or use the link at the top of this page on the right

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-21-2011   #94
EmperorChaos

Quote:
This is what I got when I clicked on the link EC gave me:
This is becoming an annoyance.
Quote:
[20:27] == *** (qwebirc) Looking up your hostname...
[20:27] == *** (qwebirc) Found your hostname.
[20:27] == Connected to server.
[20:27] == Please wait while we process your connection.
This might be the start of the problem... or it might lead to the actual problem.

Quote:
[20:27] -irc.cyberdynesystems.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[20:27] -irc.cyberdynesystems.net- *** Checking Ident
[20:27] -irc.cyberdynesystems.net- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
[20:27] -irc.cyberdynesystems.net- *** Got Ident response
Somewhere between the two connections it loses your hostname.

It is getting an IDENT response, which is a good thing.
Quote:
[20:27] == WEBIRC Invalid client hostname
A very rare and perhaps (in this case) Rizon network specific errror...

Quote:
[20:27] == ERROR: Closing Link: 64.150.180.227 (Invalid client hostname)
That's not your IP. It is apparently an IP from San Diego. "Invalid client hostname" is starting to make me think that it is a problem with your browser. I assume you are still using Safari?

Quote:
[20:27] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.

-=-=-

It looks like we will have to do this the old-fashioned way. I guess that since you're using Safari that you're on a Mac, in that case, use Adium as your IRC chat client. You should be using Adium anyway since it lets your connect to EVERYTHING like Trillian and Pidgin do, including Facebook.

http://adium.im/

As I have never used it before (but I know it to be good because one of my IRC friends uses it), you are pretty much on your own. The only information I can give you is what you will need to get on Rizon.

Server: irc.rizon.net (a round-robin address that connects you to a random Rizon server).
Port: 6667 for non-SSL connections (try this first). 6697 for SSL (not even really necessary).
Nick: Pittielynn (of course)
Username: Doesn't matter
Channels: #AlmostSmart #iasov

I don't know if Adium will have all those fields available to be filled out. The main ones are just your nickname and the server and port.

If Adium doesn't put you in those channels right away, use the /join command to get there. Example:
/join #AlmostSmart

Once you're on, say my nick (iasov) and if I am around I can help you more.

If it doesn't work using a separate client (that is, not a web-based client) then I suppose we're in real trouble.

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
how many times do i gotta tell you to use this one:

http://wbe002.mibbit.com/?settings=5...t&Nick=AS_user

or use the link at the top of this page on the right

It is more complicated that that pD. She's having difficulty connecting through either web-based interface (Mibbit or QChat) so a different link isn't going to help.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-21-2011   #95
Pittielynn

I do use safari, but only because I like it for gaming. My laptop is a Toshiba. Will that affect your above solution?

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 07-27-2011   #96
EmperorChaos

Quote:
I do use safari, but only because I like it for gaming. My laptop is a Toshiba. Will that affect your above solution?
Try using IE or Firefox or Chrome or something with one of those links above.

If it still won't work, then we have bigger problems.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-27-2011   #97
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

think he told you to quit using safari like 4 weeks ago

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-27-2011   #98
Pittielynn

Sorry!! All the online games I play lag on every browser except Safari! I will try this out asap on my laptop with a different browser thoughBTW, I appreciate all your help.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 07-29-2011   #99
Pittielynn

Works fine on a different computer. #gottabenorton

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 07-29-2011   #100
Pittielynn

Buckett disappeared. Not even the bots want to talk. D:

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade

Tags
biscuits, buckette, eggdrop bot, irc, liberty, xkcd