Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 11-11-2004   #1
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie
Arafat dead. Not coma-somewhat-alive-dead. Dead dead. None of this coma stuff. Dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...bit/index.html

Well....i really didnt know the man, but....maybe he did a few good things ?
Yeah, well....Palestine hasnt named a successor so...we might be hearing him in the news EVEN more than we usually do.
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #2
bigsmalls
Well Known Member

bigsmalls is a glorious beacon of lightbigsmalls is a glorious beacon of lightbigsmalls is a glorious beacon of lightbigsmalls is a glorious beacon of lightbigsmalls is a glorious beacon of light
he really didn't do anything to great. all he did was keep the war going with Isreal and din't really try to stop it. the world is a safer place without that crazy man walkin around tellin people to blow themselves up for thier country.
party we must!!!
bigsmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #3
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Arafat dead. Not coma-somewhat-alive-dead. Dead dead. None of this coma stuff. Dead.

Indeed.

I hope he really is dead this time. I mean, not because I have a personal agenda against him, I don't, but I'm tired of this Arafat drama. He's dead one minute, then the media says 'oops! We mean he's alive.'
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #4
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arafat dead. Not coma-somewhat-alive-dead. Dead dead. None of this coma stuff. Dead.

it's more than the bastard deserves.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #5
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Re: Arafat dead. Not coma-somewhat-alive-dead. Dead dead. None of this coma stuff. De

Quote:
Originally Said by bigsmalls
he really didn't do anything to great.
Other than that Nobel peace prize thing. Anyone can do that. Despite perceptions that Arafat leads a band of terrorists, people should keep an open mind. Palestinians were pushed out of their land by Israelis, and there is no where for them to go. The have the right to live in Israel as much as anyone. Unfortunately it's this kind of desperation that leads to things like suicide bombers. Arafat condemned the bombers, but had to be careful about alienating his followers. It's a no-win situation.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #6
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

as much as i support the palestinian cause, i have a deep rooted resentment towards arafat.

when palestine was having trouble with iran, kuwait was one of the first nations to provide it with military help, financial aid and support.

when saddam hussein decided to invade kuwait, guess who was the first one at his side?
Old 11-11-2004   #7
Weasel

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Re: Arafat dead. Not coma-somewhat-alive-dead. Dead dead. None of this coma stuff. De

Can't really argue with that, I'm sure you know a lot more about the situation than I do. Congrats on 3000 by the way.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 11-11-2004   #8
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Weasel
Other than that Nobel peace prize thing. Anyone can do that. Despite perceptions that Arafat leads a band of terrorists, people should keep an open mind. Palestinians were pushed out of their land by Israelis, and there is no where for them to go. The have the right to live in Israel as much as anyone. Unfortunately it's this kind of desperation that leads to things like suicide bombers. Arafat condemned the bombers, but had to be careful about alienating his followers. It's a no-win situation.

I agree that we should be more sympathetic to the Palestinians. However, that said, there are some that believe Arafat was behind the 1985 Achille Lauro hijacking when a group of Palestinian terrorists took control of a passenger cruise ship. They killed a disabled, 69-year old, Jewish man named Leon Klinghoffer and then threw him and his wheelchair overboard. If he was behind (even indirectly) this event, we are better off without him.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #9
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Spooky Girl Tyne
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...bit/index.html

Well....i really didnt know the man, but....maybe he did a few good things ?
Yeah, well....Palestine hasnt named a successor so...we might be hearing him in the news EVEN more than we usually do.
he was proclaimed dead many hours before that, and a successor was named a few hours before your post too :)
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #10
Weasel

Quote:
Originally Said by stonic
he was proclaimed dead many hours before that, and a successor was named a few hours before your post too :)
He was also proclaimed dead Tuesday, so I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 11-11-2004   #11
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

the man was a terrorist.

i am glad he finally got flushed maybe they can have a peacekeeper leader instead of an instigater

as for being forced out of their land. i can sympathize but they have had 50 years to get over it. if they want isreal so bad they can start a fifth war with them and lose it just as horribly as the last ones
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #12
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just pissed off with all these countries, saying how bad he is, then when he dies, they all offer their condolences,

choose a fucking side and stick to it.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #13
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Weasel
He was also proclaimed dead Tuesday, so I wouldn't get too upset about it.
Yes, Arafat has been dead for a few days, he was being forced alive to get funeral arrangements sorted out. A quick burial thing is established in his religion, guess you need to be burried within 24 hours of death..
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #14
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

of course he was kept alive.

they needed time to figure out who the hell was going to follow without leaving time for the country to go completely to pot.

not to mention the fact that his wife needed time to collect all his assets that are spread over everywhere.
Old 11-12-2004   #15
david
Elite Member

david has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to david

Quote:
Originally Said by stonic
I'm just pissed off with all these countries, saying how bad he is, then when he dies, they all offer their condolences,

choose a fucking side and stick to it.
Of course they have to offer their condolences; we don't want another 11/9 on our hands (ambiguity is for the weak) do we?
Old 11-12-2004   #16
Weasel

Quote:
Originally Said by Scourge
ambiguity is for the weak
Technically you're more right than us:

http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/datefmt.htm

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 11-12-2004   #17
psychopatpl
*PAC MAN*

psychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to psychopatpl Send a message via MSN to psychopatpl Send a message via Yahoo to psychopatpl

it would be nice if the isreal palestine war was a fair fight and not ... america gave israel 500 million for new tanks and palestinians are throwing rocks at the tanks and getting shot at...

fuck israel, the only reason they win any wars is because they own america and take as much funding as they can get.