Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Talk about your favorite films and TV shows or find out if a new movie is worth seeing.

Old 04-20-2005   #1
ueatpoo
Experienced Member

ueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of light
favorite movie quotes

so im bored and i changed my avatar so id thought id find out peoples favorite movie quotes.
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."
Old 04-20-2005   #2
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento
Re: favorite movie quotes

Zoolander: Derek Zoolander - "i can dere-lick my own balls"

Zoolander: Derek Zoolander - "you think your too cool for school... well ive got a news flashwalter cronkite... you arent."

Zoolander: Derek and Hansel- "the files are IN the computer...."

Animal House: People- "Toga!.. Toga!.. Toga!.. Toga!"

Pirates of the Caribbean: Capn Jack Sparrow - the whole dock/stealing of the boat scene while the coronation/promotion takes place.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #3
Gecko17
i eat bunnies

Gecko17 has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to Gecko17

My quote is from Godfather 2
Old 11-11-2005   #4
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

This is an old thread... but I'm answering anyway: fave quotes from several films:

Doc Brown to Marty in BTTF the first time they see Marty's dad being tormented in the hallway, "Maybe you were adopted."

Pinhead in Hellraiser: "We'll tear your soul APAAAAART!"

Star Wars 3 Return of the Jedi during the Ewok battle on Endor:
LEIA: "Han, be careful!"
SOLO: "Hey! It's ME!"

The Djinn in Wishmaster to Alexandra when he first reveals his true self:
DJINN: "Spare me child!"
ALEXANDRA: "Oh, my GOD!"
DJINN: "Yessss! The shit just hit the fan."

and who could forget

KLAATU BARADA NIKTO

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #5
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

pirates of the carribean: johnny depp: 'you need to find yourself a girl mate'

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #6
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Grind:

Dustin: I need to go back Eric! I need my special pillow!

Matt: I'm in a dryspell man.
Dustin: In order to be in a dry spell you had to have been in a wet spell first.
Matt: ...I've had sex!
Dustin: Yeah, with a human?
Matt: ...Who's makin' all these rules, man?

Boondock Saints:

Connor: *picking out weapons and gear* Do ya know what we need, man? Some rope.
Murphy: Absolutely. What are you, insane?
Connor: No I ain't. Charlie Bronson's always got rope.
Murphy: What?
Connor: Yeah. He's got a lot of rope strapped around him in the movies, and they always end up using it.
Murphy: You've lost it, haven't ya?
Connor: No, I'm serious.
Murphy: That's stupid. Name one thing you'd need a rope for.
Connor: You don't fuckin' know what you're gonna need it for. They just always need it.
Murphy: What's this 'they' shit? This isn't a movie.
Connor: Oh, right.
*picks up large knife out of Murphy's bag*
Connor: Is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right. Get your stupid fuckin' rope.
Connor: I'll get my stupid rope. I'll get it. There's a rope right there.

Doc: You know what they say: People in glass houses sink sh... sh... sh... ships.
Rocco: I got to buy you a proverb book or something, because this mix 'n' match shit's got to go.
Doc: What?
Connor: Well, a penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn't it?
Murphy: And don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen.

And shepherds we shall be,
for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,
and teaming with souls shall it ever be,
In Nomine Patris,
Et Fili,
Et Spiritus Sancti.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas:

Raoul Duke: Look, there's two women fucking a polar bear!
Dr. Gonzo: Don't say shit like that to me man.

Raoul Duke: Holy Jesus. What are these goddamn animals?

Raoul Duke: Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Dr. Gonzo: Let's give the boy a lift.
Raoul Duke: What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Raoul Duke: I wouldn't dare go to sleep with you wandering around with a head full of acid, wanting to slice me up with that goddamn knife.
Dr. Gonzo: Who said anything about slicing you up, man? I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #7
notlob
rock star

notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute

another good one is from american pie (2? i dunno):

Imma hang out, with my wang out!
Imma rock out, with my cock out!

Old 11-12-2005   #8
notlob
rock star

k, i thought so...thanx

Old 11-12-2005   #9
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

From Blazing Saddles:

Bart: Are we awake?
Jim: We're not sure. Are we black?
Bart: Yes, we are.
Jim: Then we're awake, but very puzzled.

Bart: I better go check out this Mongo character.
[Bart reaches for his gun]
Jim: Oh no, don't do that.
Bart: Why not?
Jim: If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad.

[describing how everyone wanted to duel him when he was The Waco Kid]
Jim: Then one day I hear "Reach for it, mister." I spun around, and there I was standing face to face with a six year old kid. Well, I just laid down my guns and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass. So I limped to the nearest saloon, crawled inside a whiskey bottle, and I've been there ever since.

From Star Trek, First Contact:

Zephram Cochrane:
A group of cybernetic creatures from the future have traveled back through time to enslave the human race . . . and you're here to stop them?

Cmdr. William T. Riker:
That's right.

Zephram Cochrane:
Hot damn! You're heroic.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #10
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
Verbal Kint - The Usual Suspects
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #11
make7upyours
Trainee Member

make7upyours has made a few great posts

Ash: Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick!
Ash - evil dead 3: army of darkness
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited by make7upyours; 05-04-2011 at 01:38 AM.
make7upyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #12
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

Quote:
Originally Said by ueatpoo
so im bored and i changed my avatar so id thought id find out peoples favorite movie quotes.
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."
If you could somehow post the whole movie script onto the site, lol, i'd love ya. I just saw that movie and....god...it was AMAZING.

A Clockwork Orange

Alex: Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

Alex: There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

Desperado

El Mariachi: Bless me, Father, for I have just killed quite a few men.

Fight Club

Tyler Durden: You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

all stolen from IMDB.com
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #13
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by le shiny tyney
Desperado

El Mariachi: Bless me, Father, for I have just killed quite a few men.
"No shit, I heard you knocked over the entire bar!"

didnt I tell you Desperado was worth watching....all hail me, go on, hail me for it!! haha
Old 11-12-2005   #14
ueatpoo
Experienced Member

ueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of lightueatpoo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Said by le shiny tyney
If you could somehow post the whole movie script onto the site, lol, i'd love ya. I just saw that movie and....god...it was AMAZING.
well i dont want to post the whole script because this page would be enormous but i will give you the link to the whole script.

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0055.html
Old 11-13-2005   #15
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Psychosis
"No shit, I heard you knocked over the entire bar!"

didnt I tell you Desperado was worth watching....all hail me, go on, hail me for it!! haha
Desperado fucking rocks. I watched it when I was like six and still watch it to this day. In fact:

Tourist Girl: And another thing, your beer tastes like piss.
Short Bartender: We know.
Tavo: Because we piss in it!

Short Bartender: [nervous] You got something in the guitar case?
El Mariachi: Yeah.
Short Bartender: What?
El Mariachi: My guitar.

Buscemi: Just try and keep it from turning into a fucking bloodbath, alright? Not like last time.
El Mariachi: That one wasn't my fault.
Buscemi: Well, of course not.
El Mariachi: No, they started it.

One of the best parts is when he walks up with those two or three other guys (can't quiet remember if it was 2 or 3) and they all have instrument cases. One is a rocket launcher, one is a minigun, and the other guy I think had like submachine guns or something.

Old 11-13-2005   #16
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

2 guys....one is a rocket launcher, the other has 2 minigun cases...
Old 11-13-2005   #17
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Right, gotcha. I should actually go watch that again.

Old 11-14-2005   #18
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

Quote:
Dodgeball -

Girl Scout - *Sticks toungue out*
Vince Vaughn - "You were adopted! Your parents dont even love you!"
I love it.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #19
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

That's where I got that from... I always tell little kids that they were adopted and their parents hate them.

Old 11-15-2005   #20
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

"Good morning starshine. The Earth say hello!" - Johnny Depp, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote