Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Talk about your favorite films and TV shows or find out if a new movie is worth seeing.

Old 11-30-2005   #1
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all
Rent

has anybody seen this yet? i'm not ashamed to say that i have seen this movie 3 times and tomorrow might be a 4th. it's really addicting. so yeah, opinions or takes on the movie?

Fuck Your Scene.

http://www.myspace.com/arikakaosa
Spread The Word
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #2
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rent

you are sick, 4 times ?
Blood Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #3
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

It might be good, but the commercial makes it seem really gay.

3 million, two hundred thousand, twenty one minutes or wtf it is.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #4
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

Now that would be like.. 6 years.. :P

I haven't seen it, probably won't, well at least not untill it comes out on DVD.
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #5
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

925 thousand, six hundred minutes i believe..

yeah i'm not seeing that unless my gf drags me to it.. it looks horribly fruity to me, not something i'm likely to drop $17 on for two tickets.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #6
moonlight_serenade
groingrabbingly good!

moonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond repute

I want to go see. But everyone I know who wanted to go see it saw it already. Bah. Still, Rent is cool. Oh, and it goes "five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes", for those who care. (Yes, I'm a musical nerd )

moonlight_serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #7
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have indeed seen this film, and thought it was quite viewable.

It is worth seeing, if only for the fantastic music (although, the main theme, "Seasons of Love," gets stuck in your head, and will run through your head about 525, 600 times ).

The story/plot/what-have-you was both moving and poignant, revolving around contemporary issues such as AIDS, poverty, homosexuality and things of that like. Pretty deep stuff, indeed.

And despite a few...peculiar...moments (moo?), it's definitely movie-able.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #8
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

Quote:
Originally Said by moonlight_serenade
(Yes, I'm a musical nerd )
Eww, the only musicals i care for are Grease and Newsies. If youd call those musicals.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #9
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

'Five Hundred Twenty Five Thousand, Six Hundred Minutes...how do you measure, measure a year...'

I had to sing that in high school for the chorus I was in.

I haven't seen the movie, though I've heard mixed reviews about it. I may see it if a friend gets it on DVD and feels that I have to see it.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #10
moonlight_serenade
groingrabbingly good!

moonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight_serenade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Demento
the only musicals i care for are Grease
Eww, Grease. I dunno, it's a musical, but it's such cheese.

The story (Rent, not Grease) is just a modern re-making of "La Boheme", which is an opera by... Puccini? Someone correct me, I'm too lazy to Google it right now.

moonlight_serenade is offline   Reply With Quote