Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 07-30-2006   #1
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55
australia pictures!

hey everyone! i just got back from australia after 18 days (haha, not sure if anyone remembers that i left). i got home just last night after having two 28th of july-s.

basically. it was amazing. we went to sydney first, then went to ballarat and canberra for only a couple nights. we stayed quite a bit melbourne and afterward flew up to cairns, which was the last leg of our trip.

on the very first day we went to china town (1, 2, 3) after we got off of a 14 hour flight at 6 in the morning...yeah...i kept having to remind myself that i was in australia. i thought it was funny that was the first thing we saw. later that day, we went the sydney opera house (1, 2) and the bridge. i got a pretty good view of sydney too.

the next day we went to manly beach (1, 2) where there were incredibly hot surfer guys. with aussie accents. it just doesn't get better than that. seriously, every guy from now on i will compare to them. oh, and they taught us how to surf. they held my board for me. they named the beach very appropriately. but then we had to leave them. and go the olympic center. which wasn't as nearly orgasmic.

we went to this place called "full on" which was all about how to take risks, blah blah blah. we got to do rope course and a "flying fox".

at some point, we went sailing in syndey harbor (haha, i don't know if it's actually called that). later that night, we went to see the opera house and bridge again.

we went down to canberra to see the parliament and war memorial. i had no fun pictures to post of the parliament except the cool tiling. the war memorial (1,2) was quite pretty and a nice tribute to soldiers.

i got a pretty shweet picture of the sky. haha

the group did a homestay, which was where we went to stay with an aussie family for a few days. they came and picked us up at this farm, where there was a cute kid and my friend decided to tell him a scary story. the picture makes me laugh.

the family i stay with was really nice. they owned a huge ass farm (1, 2) like 1000 acres. which no one has where i live even if the do own a farm. this is the bed i got to sleep in. me and the 2 other girls staying there went out with the dad on his atv even though it said to never carry passengers. but we were just piled on. they owned something like 1000 sheep and we got to herd them. they had really adorable kids. olivia was six, lewis was nine, and jesse was eleven. the boys were pimps, as they both have girlfriends. we taught them "american" words, like pimp and 'playa hata'.

after staying with the family, the group headed up to melbourne (1, 2). yeah, that night one of guys in the group got drunk (the same guy telling the scary story). and he was still drunk the next morning. it was completely obvious. he smelled like alcohol and puke. i found it pretty funny. that day we went to a zoo-ish thing. haha, he was completely intent on petting the kangaroos and letting one of the lizards crawl up his head. he just sat like that for 20 minutes. but besides that, we got to see a koala and a little mouse/squirrel thing that was really cute.

i've gotten really tired of typing, and you're prolly really tired of reading. so im gonna make this quicker, haha.

rocks back in manly beach

pretty view of melbourne from a tower where we had a really nice dinner.

view of sydney from plane when going up to cairns

sun behind clouds during a bus ride in cairns

one of the kids showing off his talent of passing a noodle through his nose...yeah...

the gaint slide we went down in mongoli falls, which was some kind of camp, where we did other rope course stuff. i got more pretty pictures from mongoli falls. (1, 2, 3)

then we went to the great barrier reef, where i got to see a turtle in one of those glass-bottomed boats. i went snorkeling, but i haven't developed the pictures from the water cameras. and i got a pretty picture of the shore.

and i went to the rain forest.

jesus christ that took forever. haha, i hope you guys had the will power to look at all the pictures. i have more, but i won't bother posting them. i doubt anyone will look at these.

RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #2
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: australia pictures!

wow... it looks like you had a really good time. You took a ton of pictures. Welcome back

Summer Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #3
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

Demonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Demonica Send a message via Skype™ to Demonica

That's so awesome!

Well, She is!
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #4
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Zounds! Looks like you had a grand (and quite eventful) time in the land o' Aussie-stralia, ehhh? And you've snapped some kickin' pictures as well. Pretty shiny, man.

This one was especially of interest (heehee):

So, I don't suppose that you tried to, ummm, kidnap a kangaroo whilst you were there, did you? You could've dressed him up in a t-shirt and marsupial-sized baseball cap and pretended he was your little cousin, Mortimer (Oh wait, that was one of my schemes. Curses! ).

*Ahem* Anyway, glad you had fun on your adventures down undah.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #5
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you enjoyed your trip and the pics were great.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #6
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

Dude that's awesome, glad you had fun. Sydney is pretty awesome [did you get to go to luna park?]

My sister is in Canberra at the moment for a ski trip.
Old 07-31-2006   #7
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante
So, I don't suppose that you tried to, ummm, kidnap a kangaroo whilst you were there, did you? You could've dressed him up in a t-shirt and marsupial-sized baseball cap and pretended he was your little cousin, Mortimer (Oh wait, that was one of my schemes. Curses! ).

*Ahem* Anyway, glad you had fun on your adventures down undah.
oh i definately did try. i also wanted to bring back a koala. it would have slept the whole way in my bag anyhow. but i had to settle for an inflatable kangaroo for my little brothers.

we might have gone to luna park...haha, you'd have to tell me what it was. i didn't know half of the places we went to. and i wasn't the most attentive listener either.

sydney was definately the best place we visited. melbourne was pretty sweet too, but i didn't like canberra much (maybe it was because all we saw was parliament ) and cairns was pretty but very much a tourist town, so it didn't look like that nice of a place to live.

Old 08-14-2006   #8
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

Sounds like you had so much fun Super J!!!!!!!

Next time you're here, you have to visit me though!!!

And i AM going to be on Yahoo at the same time as you sometime soon!! I promise. I miss chatting to you!! Glad you had loads of fun here!
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #9
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

we were actually in brisbane for a couple of hours. so we would've been able to chat it up for a few minutes, haha. but you better be on more, cause i have no one to doodle with!

oh and i'll be getting the snorkeling pictures from the great barrier reef up as soon as my dad fixes the scanner.

Old 08-14-2006   #10
oceandream130
Future star of a Zach Braff film!

oceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see more! I love pictures from random beautifical places.

I think you should post more of the, erm *cough* male species *end cough* Maybe...

Anyway! Thanks so much for sharing these, chica!