Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Sports

Old 12-14-2010   #1
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute
Pickle Juice

More electrolytes than Gatorade, and awesome to help prevent or at least minimize muscle soreness after exercise.

(Any person who needs to avoid and/or minimize sodium consumption due to a medical ailment should probably avoid drinking pickle juice.)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...kle_juice.html

Edit: oops...meant to put this in the sports thread
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias

Last edited by Funk*Sonic*7; 12-14-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #2
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pickle Juice

Really?

>.<

Pickle juice also has this use. And it might be tastier that way, frankly.

So, do you actually drink it regularly now? If so, does it actually help? o.O

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #3
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
(Any person who needs to avoid and/or minimize sodium consumption due to a medical ailment should probably avoid drinking pickle juice.)
any person attempting to find a date should also avoid pickle juice
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #4
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Really?

>.<

Pickle juice also has this use. And it might be tastier that way, frankly.

So, do you actually drink it regularly now? If so, does it actually help? o.O
I was wondering what that pyramid of pudding cups was for, but I should of guess immediately after he poured sugar into the pickle juice. I'm curious as to how that will taste, I think I might try that now!

Yes, not regularly though...Only the night after I have a strenuous workout where I think there will be a good chance I will be sore the next day or two.
See the link I posted above about the benefits.

Oh and when I drink it, it's always in a glass teacup on the rocks!
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Old 12-14-2010   #5
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was wondering what that pyramid of pudding cups was for, but I should of guess immediately after he poured sugar into the pickle juice. I'm curious as to how that will taste, I think I might try that now!
Hahaha, isn't he (a) magnificent (cook)?

If you know nothing about Josh Groban, he is best known for singing "pop opera." So it's kind of funny seeing him in that context in general. He's just whimsical....

But yes, why not try it? It certainly can't kill you? Right?
(Although, his reaction to drinking it might be rather "telling.")

o.O

Quote:
Yes, not regularly though...Only the night after I have a strenuous workout where I think there will be a good chance I will be sore the next day or two.
See the link I posted above about the benefits.

Oh and when I drink it, it's always in a glass teacup on the rocks!
Yeth, I did read. I can see how that would come in handy for someone who engages in strenuous exercise and such. But since I both abhor pickles in any form and do not engage in regular, strenuous exercise, punishing myself by drinking their juices would seem both unnecessary and pointedly masochistic. But for you, and if you ...can tolerate it ...it does seem rather beneficial.

Oh, good. By all means, put it on ice. I guess that's not as bad as drinking it tepid or hot. >_<

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 12-14-2010   #6
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

When I first started drinking it I can only do little tiny mini-sips at a time.
Now about 6 months later, I can drink it down with ease.
Old 12-14-2010   #7
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
When I first started drinking it I can only do little tiny mini-sips at a time.
Now about 6 months later, I can drink it down with ease.
"...Would it have been worth while,
To have bitten off the matter with a smile,
To have squeezed the universe into a ball
To roll it toward some overwhelming question,
To say: 'I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all'
If one, settling a pillow by her head,
Should say: 'That is not what I meant at all.
That is not it, at all.'

And would it have been worth it, after all,
Would it have been worth while..."

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;